Those Damned Cachous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    The caschous are a red herring. Its well known in forensics that people can die, be in fights, horrible violent accidents and their bodies found with something clutched in their hands.

Stride probably had them in her hand when she was attacked and simply held on to them. whether by reflex or choice.
    Were they given to her moment before she was killed? Why? To distract her maybe. I don't think there a red herring necessarily. If they were given to her by the killer, was he not afraid the cachous would point to him or did he not have a chance to take them from her

Comment

• Cachou anecdote.

In several Ripper books in French (translated or originally written), they are talking about cashews. (cachou is the way we translate often cashews in French, even if the proper term is "noix d'acajou").

Until I found out what they really were, i was confused, especially in parallel of the grapes story. Those are two very expensive items.

One question: was Stride taking a cachou because she had a bad breath du to alcohol? gum disease? (she had no teeth on the lower jaw)
      or
      was she involved very recently in a intimate activity and needed to change the taste in her mouth?

To me, if she just did a fellatio to her killer, I would consider Stride not being a ripper victim more seriously.
      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
        Cachou anecdote.

To me, if she just did a fellatio to her killer, I would consider Stride not being a ripper victim more seriously.
        Why is that sir john?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          Absolutely, Abby.
          The fact that she is found dead holding them kind of points to the fact she was holding them when she was killed.
          Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I meant held onto them through the BS man attack. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            Were they given to her moment before she was killed? Why? To distract her maybe. I don't think there a red herring necessarily. If they were given to her by the killer, was he not afraid the cachous would point to him or did he not have a chance to take them from her
            Hi rocky
            Many people point to the fact that she had them when she was found as meaning that BS man could not have been her killer, because if he was, she would have dropped them. That was my point about being a red herring.

Comment

Why is that sir john?
              I don't think JtR was interested sexually (I mean more common sexuality) with his victims.

I think the sexual aspect for him was the mutilations.

I'm not saying he was impotent, more like he wasn't turned on the way heterosexual men can be turned on by the female form.
              Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
                I don't think JtR was interested sexually (I mean more common sexuality) with his victims.

I think the sexual aspect for him was the mutilations.

I'm not saying he was impotent, more like he wasn't turned on the way heterosexual men can be turned on by the female form.
                Do you think the ripper was sexually attracted to the disfigurement caused by the mutilations, having a fetish for bloody body parts, cut up sex organs, opened intenstines & fecal matter etc. he did smear the feces and the way he placed the intestines over the shoulder point to that. Does this make the ripper a necrophile?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Hi rocky
                  Many people point to the fact that she had them when she was found as meaning that BS man could not have been her killer, because if he was, she would have dropped them. That was my point about being a red herring.
                  Thanks Abby. Not to sound like a broken record but I think pipeman gave stride the after smoking mints, although the fellatio scenario makes sense too, I don't see stride buying them herself, If he she had bough them herself it would've been right near by and no one reported selling them to her. I don't see her carrying them far if they were wrapped in tissue paper but this is just all assumption. I think pipeman is the best for the cachous

Comment

• I don't see the cachous as an unexpected thing for Stride to have. She was known to be clean, and evidently cared for her appearance. She was wearing a corsage that night, and had a history of doing housework for middle-class families, who would have required her to be presentable as a condition of employment. A packet of breath mints wouldn't be at all out of character for someone like that to buy and carry.
                    - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                      I don't see the cachous as an unexpected thing for Stride to have. She was known to be clean, and evidently cared for her appearance. She was wearing a corsage that night, and had a history of doing housework for middle-class families, who would have required her to be presentable as a condition of employment. A packet of breath mints wouldn't be at all out of character for someone like that to buy and carry.
                      Hi ginger that's interesting. For some reason the tissue paper evokes thoughts of a gift for me, the type of gift you'd by your date along with a flower

Comment

Do you think the ripper was sexually attracted to the disfigurement caused by the mutilations, having a fetish for bloody body parts, cut up sex organs, opened intenstines & fecal matter etc. he did smear the feces and the way he placed the intestines over the shoulder point to that. Does this make the ripper a necrophile?
                        Jack might have been an a erotophonophiliac, although I don't think the actual killing turned him on. I don't believe he was a necrophiliac though, as he doesn't appear to have had sex with his victims as they were dying or dead.

Comment

• clue

Hello Rocky.

". . . could Stride have been trying to leave a clue to the identity of her killer by clenching on to the cachous?"

Clue about what? Perhaps the assailant had bad breath?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• On cutting down the mightiest tree in the forest.

Hello Abby. Not entirely a red herring. The force of being thrown to the ground should have dislodged them--if the story were true AND she were holding them.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• In donde esta?

Hello Sir John.

"To me, if she just did a fellatio to her killer, I would consider Stride not being a ripper victim more seriously."

Where would she have done this? Surely not near the back door of the club?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Small parcels were often wrapped in tissue paper.

Stall holders would by a tin of sweets and then sell them a couple to the half-penny and it was common to wrap such in tissue paper, pieces of fruit would also sometimes be wrapped in tissue, [the type that you ate the skin, apples are one I well remember coming that way even as late as the 1960s.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X