Liz Stride: Why No Loud Cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fisherman,
    As I have written before,we cannot,because of the language difficulty,be sure that parts of the testimony was not suggested.
    Sure BS spoke with her,but because she would have been wholly or partly obscurred by BS,her movements would not have been noticed by Schwartz,who at that time must have been some paces behind.She might also have spoken.In the time that words were exchanged,Schwartz had drawn level,and that is when the alledged assault took place.So there is an interval given to talk.All BS?All the action BS?

Now Schwartz gives not one but two full face on descriptions of the two men he saw,even to the colour of hair,even though both were wearing hats.Believeable?In the circumstances he describes implausable to the extreme.Again,the height of 5'11'' must also be viewed with caution. a hat,in the poor light available.pipeman was coming from the shadows,might well cause an exageration of height.
    You want to accept Schwartz as reliable,his evidence as untainted,his story a full,complete ,and factual account of what happened,by all means do so.I can't.

Comment

General Background Noise.

All the films I have seen show the murder carried out in almost total silence. I'd like to know how much background noise there was? Cobbles are noisy and we know there was at least one cart out and about. It was one of the most highly populous areas of London, big families in all those houses, people in the club, so hardly silent?

That time in the morning, how many other people out and about? Gas lamps were quite noisy I'm told? Surely with that backdrop of noise would any crys stir much interest and travel very far? Would you hear them above the noises within the household?

Just something that has always intrigued me.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Hoxton Creeper View Post
        All the films I have seen show the murder carried out in almost total silence. I'd like to know how much background noise there was? Cobbles are noisy and we know there was at least one cart out and about. It was one of the most highly populous areas of London, big families in all those houses, people in the club, so hardly silent?

That time in the morning, how many other people out and about? Gas lamps were quite noisy I'm told? Surely with that backdrop of noise would any crys stir much interest and travel very far? Would you hear them above the noises within the household?

Just something that has always intrigued me.......................
        Hi Hoxton

I wonder if perhaps the pitch of the sound has something to do with how easily it is heard. I think in this instance there must have been considerable background noise - such as you mention. I think if there had been a scream, whilst it may not have travelled far, it would have been distinctive enough to have been heard in the locality. I suspect that in all probability there was no time for a scream.

Comment

my thoughts on the 'noise' created by Liz's killing in Berner Street would be the following :

-Dutfield's Yard was considered a place of 'ill fame' by neighbours, and rows were common outside the Jewish Club..therefore there might be quite alot of
          noise which people in the road wouldn't pay attention to (and that includes screams and shouts).

-Liz screamed 3 times during her altercation with BS Man..but clearly didn't want anyone to come running, as she instinctively kept her voice down.

-When Liz was murdered in Dutfield's Yard, the attack was so fast and by surprise that she never got the chance to call out...otherwise I feel that people hearing her screaming would have sensed the difference.

To illustrate the last point, one might be used to dogs fighting and barking and yelping down the street, but if you heard a dog that was in severe shock and pain from being hit by a car, I think that you can hear a diffrence in the
          'yelps'.
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Given the description of her wounds, she was likely unnable. Dave
            Last edited by protohistorian; 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM.
            We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Sorry, thought you were referring to post attck. Dave
              We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Working...
              X