A problem with the "Eddowes Shawl" DNA match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    Not really. You are talking about Trevor. The only egg he expected to see was on his breakfast plate and otherwise the worst he could expect was hilarity.
    Now now Paul. you are not cut out to be a comedian, although at times your lines of thinking and your lack of logical reasoning are at times laughable

Comment

• Struggling to be serious about this Whitechapel Farce for a moment, the one thing that does emerge clearly is that whatever the truth behind all the various excuses that have been made (pressure of work, unprofessional behaviour by critics, DNA privacy, work still in progress, "legal reasons") Dr Louhelainen is simply not going to address the issue of the error that he has made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Struggling to be serious about this Whitechapel Farce for a moment, the one thing that does emerge clearly is that whatever the truth behind all the various excuses that have been made (pressure of work, unprofessional behaviour by critics, DNA privacy, work still in progress, "legal reasons") Dr Louhelainen is simply not going to address the issue of the error that he has made.
        Hey all,

I've been out of circulation for a while, and come back to find, if I read it correctly, that the WS meeting at Salisbury, provided no answers. Now that's a surprise!

It seems clear to me that Chris is right. Nothing will come from these blokes regarding this matter. RE seems unable to string any sort of argument together. He now claims that the 314.1c/315.1C thing was unimportant, when in fact it was the only thing that had any legs at all - or so it seemed for a few days.

Respect for RE must surely be non-existant, as an author I mean.

JL is fast losing any chance of respect. He seems quite unable, at least publicly, to admit to anything, or even discuss it.

What a couple of pillocks! They make Cornwell look good.
        Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          Now now Paul. you are not cut out to be a comedian, although at times your lines of thinking and your lack of logical reasoning are at times laughable
          You are right. I'll leave the comedy to you. For some reason I just can't seem to make a fool of myself. And I suppose it must seem to you that I have strange lines of thought and an absence of logical reasoning. Those things which are unfamiliar to oneself, like thinking and logical reasoning, so often seem strange. It's the way of the world, I suppose.

Still, nobody threatened to throw eggs at you. And your books haven't met with the same degree of hostility. The worst you could expect was to be treated as a joke, which isn't really all that bad, but in fact all the delegates treated you very well indeed, as I would expect.

Comment

Perhaps with "Daz the Bull" there to enforce the request, they really felt they had no choice.
            That was intended to be a joke, but I see that Howard Brown has now posted a message from Ricky Cobb including the following:

After the talks we met up with several delegates who informed us of the blatant censorship and shambolic conduct of the Q&A including the conference MC who informed us that 5 mins prior he was informed by Edwards that DNA questions would not be answered.
            The MC also informed us the two body guards sitting with Edwards were quite intimidating and he feared if he had pushed the questions he might have been under threat.

Comment

That was intended to be a joke, but I see that Howard Brown has now posted a message from Ricky Cobb including the following:

After the talks we met up with several delegates who informed us of the blatant censorship and shambolic conduct of the Q&A including the conference MC who informed us that 5 mins prior he was informed by Edwards that DNA questions would not be answered.
              The MC also informed us the two body guards sitting with Edwards were quite intimidating and he feared if he had pushed the questions he might have been under threat.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=128
              Gordon Bennett!!!
              Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure atleast someone predicted the questions would be censored when they first announced RE and his mad scientist pal were the guest speaker. A no brainer I guess.

Comment

You are right. I'll leave the comedy to you. For some reason I just can't seem to make a fool of myself. And I suppose it must seem to you that I have strange lines of thought and an absence of logical reasoning. Those things which are unfamiliar to oneself, like thinking and logical reasoning, so often seem strange. It's the way of the world, I suppose.

Still, nobody threatened to throw eggs at you. And your books haven't met with the same degree of hostility. The worst you could expect was to be treated as a joke, which isn't really all that bad, but in fact all the delegates treated you very well indeed, as I would expect.
                  Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone

Comment

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone
                    How true. How so very true. Life can be a real bitch. Still, rest assured that one day you'll find someone to wipe away your tears.

Comment

How true. How so very true. Life can be a real bitch. Still, rest assured that one day you'll find someone to wipe away your tears.
                      i have noting to cry about life is good. I can go to bed at night and sleep with a clear conscience, can you ?

Comment

i have noting to cry about life is good. I can go to bed at night and sleep with a clear conscience, can you ?
                        I presume the only way you sleep with a clear conscience is because you completely lack one. Anyone who can steal work from a dozen authors, publish it in a book as their own and reap the financial benefits cannot possibly have a conscience.

Do not attempt to put yourself in ethical category against Paul Begg. Begg and I have had serious difficulties in the past, there is no question, but that is an insult that is intolerable coming from you.

And don't bother reporting me on this one, I'll report myself and give myself the damn infraction, it needed to be said.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                          I presume the only way you sleep with a clear conscience is because you completely lack one. Anyone who can steal work from a dozen authors, publish it in a book as their own and reap the financial benefits cannot possibly have a conscience.

Do not attempt to put yourself in ethical category against Paul Begg. Begg and I have had serious difficulties in the past, there is no question, but that is an insult that is intolerable coming from you.

And don't bother reporting me on this one, I'll report myself and give myself the damn infraction, it needed to be said.
                          Glad you landed back safely, hope the broom stick survived the journey

Comment

You know what they say, Trevor: someone with a clear conscience is someone with a bad memory.

Comment

http://www.jtrforums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=128
                              Hi Chris. Looks like I wasn't far off with my joke:

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                              Hmmm...

Maybe it's a subtle message to pesky Ripperologists referencing armed bodyguards, knuckle sandwiches and cement shoes?

I'm glad they're all smiling and look like nice guys.

Best regards,
                              Archaic
                              - Wasn't there some hit movie called 'The Bodyguard'? I never saw it; only know the basic plot-line. For some reason it popped into my head just now and made me laugh.

It's kind of hard to believe all of this is real.

Except of course for the part that isn't real.

Cheers,
                              Archaic

Comment

• In Wonderland

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                                It's kind of hard to believe all of this is real.
                                Cheers,
                                Archaic
                                Archaic, I woke up this morning and checked the WS1888 Facebook page - locked to non-members of the group. By the afternoon - nothing - "This content is currently unavailable"

Checking the jtrforums - quite a vociferous and sometimes nasty debate.

I get a feeling of having fallen down a rabbit hole.

And RE and his musclebound cohorts are probably laughing all the way to the bank.

cheers, gryff

PS: Anyone know if "Daz the Bull" and John are present for RE's ripper tours?

Comment

Working...
                                X