Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions not asked

Originally posted by Ally View Post
    Apparently, and this is just rumor at this point, the conference organizers banned people and at Edward's request, did not allow them or the question to be asked. So there was apparently nothing of any value obtained from it. Don't know if it's true or not, but it appears he weaseled out of the question.
    Well Ally, I see there are, as I type, 57 comments on a post entitled "Is it me or has a thread been removed?" on the Whitechapel Society's Facebook page

One of those comments is from an Ally Ryder - would that be you ? :

Wait are you telling me that the DNA QUESTION WASN'T ASKED? What the hell??!!
    There is also this comment from a certain Ricky Cobb:

Just for clarification , i havent deleted anything .

I offered not to attend the conference but was told by the secretary Sue Parry i could .

5 mins before talk i was told Edwards and jari wanted me not to be there.

I left and was joined by the official JtR conference team in protest.

The questions submitted by delegates about DNA were not allowed and the MC was told not to ask them.

This was later informed to us after the talks. I have informed the committee that their position is indefensible.
    I do not know Mr Cobb. Does he post to these boards?

"5 minutes" before RE's talk he is informed he is not wanted. If this is true makes me wonder about the Whitechapel Society's ethics and integrity

And so much for the DNA issues

cheers, gryff
    Last edited by Peter Griffith aka gryff; 11-08-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• I am that Ally Ryder, yes. Ricky Cobb is one of the lead organizers for the "rival" conference from the WS conference and does JtR tours in Whitechapel. There was some kefluffle regarding the Edwards/Jari thing and Ricky's conference, what exactly, I do not know. Without knowing the details, I cannot comment on whether his "banning" was remotely justified or not though I suspect it was mostly pique and not any valid reason that led to his being barred, however, again, I don't know, there may have been a valid reason - I lack knowledge.

However, the wholesale prohibition on asking any pertinent questions regarding the DNA issue is absolutely mind-boggling indefensible. People paid money to go that dog and pony show and that lack of intellectual integrity on the part of the conference is ... unreal.
      Last edited by Ally; 11-08-2014, 01:49 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
        I am that Ally Ryder, yes. Ricky Cobb is one of the lead organizers for the "rival" conference from the WS conference and does JtR tours in Whitechapel. There was some kefluffle regarding the Edwards/Jari thing and Ricky's conference, what exactly, I do not know. Without knowing the details, I cannot comment on whether his "banning" was remotely justified or not though I suspect it was mostly pique and not any valid reason that led to his being barred, however, again, I don't know, there may have been a valid reason - I lack knowledge.

However, the wholesale prohibition on asking any pertinent questions regarding the DNA issue is absolutely mind-boggling indefensible. People paid money to go that dog and pony show and that lack of intellectual integrity on the part of the conference is ... unreal.
        Thanks for the info Ally

Ricky Cobb is one of the lead organizers for the "rival" conference from the WS conference and does JtR tours in Whitechapel.
        As RE also runs a JTR tour - a business rivalry?

As for the "wholesale prohibition", if that is true, I completely agree with your thoughts.

And, as they say in N.America, it is time for the Whitechapel Society to step up to the plate and explain the details of this fiasco.

cheers, gryff

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Griffith aka gryff View Post
          I note you laid out a few of the questions in a comment dusty

Is today not the day when he will answer some questions at the Whitechapel Society conference ?

Hope there will be some reports here.

cheers, gryff
          Obviously not!
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Extract from email just sent to the Whitechapel Society

Please remove me from the membership list forthwith.

I am disgusted that two charlatans have been publicly allowed by the society to suppress both questions and evidence at a recent convention.

I am deeply ashamed to be associated in any way with this matter, and will from now on be recommending that persons with a genuine interest in the Whitechapel Murders do NOT on any account join your society
            All the best

Dave
            Last edited by Cogidubnus; 11-08-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Sometimes silence can be very elequent. I filmed as much of last years conference as I could, hopefully someone like me was there this year.
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

• Don't mince your words, Dave. Say what you really think!
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Hi Colin

I'm far from expert, and far from experienced, but I do have at least some principles which the society apparently lack...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                    Hi Colin

I'm far from expert, and far from experienced, but I do have at least some principles which the society apparently lack...

All the best

Dave
                    Dave tells Funnies he used principles in a thread about Edwards.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Sorry Geoffrey but I'm beginning to lack a sense of humour vis a vis these people

Comment

Extract from email just sent to the Whitechapel Society

Please remove me from the membership list forthwith.

I am disgusted that two charlatans have been publicly allowed by the society to suppress both questions and evidence at a recent convention.

I am deeply ashamed to be associated in any way with this matter, and will from now on be recommending that persons with a genuine interest in the Whitechapel Murders do NOT on any account join your society

All the best

Dave
                        They'll be devastated, no doubt.

Comment

Sorry Geoffrey but I'm beginning to lack a sense of humour vis a vis these people
                          Pretty low actually taking money but refusing to allow discussion of the real issues, It's becoming increasingly obvious that they know they are wrong, or else why not address their detractors.

Most obvious Answer they no they are wrong and have no scruples.
                          G U T

Comment

• If you felt able to answer such questions, you would answer them surely? The alternative is to allow those who choose to do so to draw an adverse inference.
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Hey atleast we got the news to report they didn't actually solve the case right

Comment

• Ahh the news ...

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                                Hey atleast we got the news to report they didn't actually solve the case right
                                Well, Rocky, maybe a few weeks ago. Right now though RE is promoting himself and the conference. From RE's website
                                Russell has taken the world by storm with his DNA evidence, a stunning forensic breakthrough, hear his story at the Salisbury Jack The Ripper Conference, Nov 8th & 9th 2014.
                                "his DNA evidence" yet ! And a "stunning forensic breakthrough". No mention of the issue around 314.1c/315.1c.

Which reminds me, how did Dr JL's talk go - seen no mention of it on these fora or on the Facebook pages.

cheers, gryff
                                Last edited by Peter Griffith aka gryff; 11-09-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X