Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    Yes, he could have been mistaken as to the identity of the woman he saw,
    Only recognising her clothes from the rear amounts to a slender argument.

but there can't have been too many women hanging around Church Passage and Mitre Square at 1.35am that morning or JtR wouldn't have chosen it as a killing ground.
    Quiet?, isolated?, away from the crowds?, like Dutfields Yard?, like Millers Court?, like the backyard of Hanbury St.?
    I thought the argument used to be how surprised people were that the murders were committed directly under peoples noses.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.
    Alas, with so many uncertainties, we can only speculate..

Regards, Jon S.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Well, if I were Kate, the first order of business would be taking a wee wee and eating a sandwich, hey?
      You could do that then go to the vicinity of Mitre Square.

Roy
      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Surely it can't be because you believe that all those cops and doctors who couldn't agree on even the simplest thing were telling the truth.
        Which cops and which doctors in the Eddowes case lied and about what? You’ve not said, Simon. Or just name one cop or one doctor and one lie.

Roy
        Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 06-02-2012, 03:10 AM.
        Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
          When will someone spot the glaring "F" and "M" clearly scribbled in a round schoolboy hand in chalk next to the body.

Phil
          hehehe
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            It wasn't until Tuesday, I believe, that the City cops concluded that the Mitre Square corpse might have been the woman arrested in Aldgate on Saturday evening, an incident which John Kelly knew about a few hours before it happened.
            Have you misunderstood the bit in the inquest transcript where Kelly said he`d heard she`d been locked up in the afternoon?

Comment

check out time

Hello Roy. Thanks.

"You could do that then go to the vicinity of Mitre Square."

You could indeed. How much money did Kate have when released from Bishopsgate gaol?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Lynn, I dont' know how much money she had if any. Also don't know why it matters. You've not said.

Roy
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

She had none, and apparently expected a 'damn fine hiding' when she got home for drinking up whatever funds she had acquired. So, instead of going for home, she heads in the direction where there was still some activity going on at that late hour.

If she was not staying out to to re-compensate the money, she could have simply headed in the opposite direction and taken the 'hiding' she apparently expected.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Damned Fine Hiding

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                    She had none, and apparently expected a 'damn fine hiding' when she got home for drinking up whatever funds she had acquired. So, instead of going for home, she heads in the direction where there was still some activity going on at that late hour.

If she was not staying out to to re-compensate the money, she could have simply headed in the opposite direction and taken the 'hiding' she apparently expected.
                    Do you not think sh'e have got the 'Damned fine hiding' in any event? I can't see the fourpence she might have made being enough to placate Kelly after she'd stayed out half the night.

Regards, Bridewell.
                    Last edited by Bridewell; 06-02-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: 'half the' for 'all'
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Thanks Hunter & Bridewell,

Yeah, she said that about the 'hiding.' Sort of just an off-hand comment. Doesn't mean a lot. Just something to say. Then, instead of going home, she went back to Aldgate. To bum some money, get some food, a drink, or turn a trick. Whatever.

Why does it matter? That's what I'm asking Lynn, Simon, or anyone. I'm not getting it again.

She ended up in Mitre Square, Aldgate, murdered. This fixation with the arcane details of how she got there escapes me.

Roy
                      Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Some need to fill the gaps Roy.

Its human nature to speculate, the reality is too mundane.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Some need to fill the gaps Roy.

Its human nature to speculate, the reality is too mundane.

Monty
                          But the reality as some would have us believe is at times questionable.

No one saw Eddowes anymore after she left the police station. Despite the fact that there were a number of police officers both in uniform and plain clothes in the immediate area.

So what can we deduce

1. She went straight to Mitre Sq met the killer and was murdered. If that be the case then Pc Watkins didnt tell the truth about his movements or he failed to spot her body when he entered the square at 1.35am.

2. She went in the direction of Mitre sq en route she finds somewhere to get a drink either meets the killer there or soon after leaving wherever she had been, going then straight to the square to her death.

3. She leaves the police station and then decides to make her way home at some point before arriving home she thinks better of it, having regard to the fact that she belived she was going to get a good hiding. She then decides to go back towards the city with a view to perhaps prostituting herself. This might explain why no one saw her wandering or loitering about in the area of Mitre square. She had ample time to do this and could have past by the Goulston Street archway. On arriving back at Mitre Square she meets her killer and her death.

As someone said you pays your money and you takes your choice where is the reality ? The only reality is that she was murdered by an unknown killer.
                          Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• sandwich

Hello Roy. Well, there's the matter of that sandwich.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• starting

Hello Chris.

"If she was not staying out to re-compensate the money, she could have simply headed in the opposite direction and taken the 'hiding' she apparently expected."

I believe she did start that way.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• agreed

Hello Colin.

"Do you not think sh'e have got the 'Damned fine hiding' in any event? I can't see the fourpence she might have made being enough to placate Kelly after she'd stayed out half the night."

Now you're talking.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X