• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the point

Hello Mike. Ah, I see what you mean.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

A third example! Now, the problem with Howard Brown's assessments about Francis Tumblety is his tendency to minimalize everything. On another one of his threads he attempted to ridicule my discovery of an article which stated Tumbelty was 'in custody'. His argument falls flat (which will be a future thread).--M.Hawley

Mike :

Please point out where I ridiculed your discovery of said article about Tumblety being in custody....

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley View Post
        Hi Rob,

The Dundee Courier & Argus , the same newspaper that in 1861 stated it would give a ready advocacy to sound Liberalism both at home and abroad.” I'm sure the Tories loved it.

Sincerely,

Mike
        Hi Mike,

I don't know why you posted that as it is not relevant.

One argument against Francis Tumblety being considered a serious JTR suspect by Scotland Yard officials is that absolutely no British papers mention him,
        A British paper did mention Tumblety by name, which is why I posted that article.

Regards

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          A third example! Now, the problem with Howard Brown's assessments about Francis Tumblety is his tendency to minimalize everything. On another one of his threads he attempted to ridicule my discovery of an article which stated Tumbelty was 'in custody'. His argument falls flat (which will be a future thread).--M.Hawley

Mike :

Please point out where I ridiculed your discovery of said article about Tumblety being in custody....

Thank you.
          Hello Howard,

I was just on the link yesterday and today it does not work. Oh well, Nemo had posted on jtrforums about a year ago that I posted an article from Connecticut stating that Tumblety was 'in custody'. You had made a comment that you rejected the idea and could find multiple articles stating he was merely arrested, and you posted a few. One stated 'under arrest', so Nemo pointed out that this could mean in custody, so you replied 'under arrest' in England has a different meaning than in the States. Within that discussion, I felt you were ridiculing my position by your wording.

I would have joined jtrforum to discuss it there, but my work for some reason filters it out. The wife would hang me if I spent my time on the forums in the evening (as I am doing now but she's not home).

Mike
          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

The wife would hang me if I spent my time on the forums in the evening (as I am doing now but she's not home).
            Mike
            Moi, ma femme préfère que je sois là qu'au bar.
            Elle est bizarre, ma femme.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
              Hi Mike,

I don't know why you posted that as it is not relevant.

A British paper did mention Tumblety by name, which is why I posted that article.

Regards

Rob
              Hi Rob,

It really wasn't a counter to your point, but something I had been coincidentally reading. I should have clarified it. I was replying to your post out of courtesy. As far as it being a British paper mentioning Tumblety, yes, but I don't see that as a huge issue to completely negate my point. The Dundee Courier's source was obviously a US paper and was merely repeating it. I see the Hull's source a British newspaper. Yes, the Hull is merely repeating, but the Daily Telegraph wasn't.

Sincerely,
              Mike

Comment

Hi Rob,

It really wasn't a counter to your point, but something I had been coincidentally reading. I should have clarified it. I was replying to your post out of courtesy. As far as it being a British paper mentioning Tumblety, yes, but I don't see that as a huge issue to completely negate my point. The Dundee Courier's source was obviously a US paper and was merely repeating it. I see the Hull's source a British newspaper. Yes, the Hull is merely repeating, but the Daily Telegraph wasn't.

Sincerely,
                Mike
                Hi Mike.

Oh ok, I thought the point of the thread was that Tumblety wasn't mentioned in the British, when he was.

Anyway mystery solved.

regards

Rob

Comment

Mike:

I didn't think I was ridiculing you...and I wasn't.
                  The thread ( link above) is working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    Hi Howard,

I have no proablem with people disagreeing with my interpretation of the limited evidence, especially if I'm on a wild goose chase. I will work on my work's filter in order for me to discuss the issues there (I'm still afraid of the wife, so fat chance it'll be at home).

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X