X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erobitha
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    Call me thick, but I still don't know what a diary defender is.
    Anyone who does not believe the book was a Barrett / Graham concoction.

Leave a comment:

• Iconoclast
    replied
    Come on, Scotty.

Warburton's Farmhouse Loaf.

Deuchars IPA.

Ironing board.

Car door handle.

The clue is rather in the name. It's someone who defends the Maybrick scrapbook against criticism (usually implied to mean 'any and all criticism').

Amazingly enough for the Casebook, I don't even think it's necessarily meant as an insult ...

Ike

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

lets cut through it-forget calling it a new hoax-lets call it for what it is. Barretts hoax.

labeling it new hoax will only open the door for the desperate diary defenders to open the possibility that its a new hoax but not by barret. LOL.
    anything to keep the diary nonsense alive.
    Years later and a lot of bluster from the diary defenders and this is still the rub of it.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

I'm not sure.
    Well there's a surprise. I didn't expect an admission of uncertainty.

But if you even think there is a ghost of a chance that Mike held the pen, you'd have more credibility voting for the parrot.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• StevenOwl
    replied
    Who held the pen John, Anne or Mike?
    Don't ask him, he doesn't know. He doesn't have a single original thought pertaining to the Diary, he's just here to parrot whatever the likes of RJ and Baron Orsam post. And, of course, deliver his witty one-line insults to anyone who doesn't believe that a Barrett wrote the Diary.

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    It was Barrett's parrot, who went by the name of Harriet Barrett.

That should suit John fine because any old parrot can mimic Maybrick.

And it will suit RJ fine too, because it was a female parrot, and they can always be made to dance.

They are also quite partial to a cockatoo.

Love,

Bertie Blunt [Harriet Barrett's ex parrot]
    X

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post

Written by the Barrett's what? The Barrett's daughter? Their cat? Their budgie?

Ah, did you mean the Barrett's parrot?

Who's a pretty boy then?
    Immaturity.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post

Who's a pretty boy then?

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Anyone who doesn't believe the diary was written by the Barrett's is a fool. I think you'll find you and the other diary defenders are the trolls filling the site up with utter bullshit.

Who's a pretty boy then?

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Caz,

Now why had I got it into my head that you live in Brighton? Did you used to live there or am I just imagining things?

Monty will have to fend for himself I’m afraid as me and felines don’t really get on. I seem to annoy them ( yes I know - nothing knew for me) I do hope the situation in Rhodes is ok by the time that you go though. Is there such a thing as a fireproof bikini?
    Hi Herlock,

I love Brighton and used to go there fairly often when I lived in Croydon, usually by train and occasionally staying in bed and breakfast so we could be there at the finish of the London to Brighton Run in November. My brother also owned a house and a flat there years ago but I have never lived there myself.

It's okay about Monty because when we go away my friend enjoys giving him all the food and attention he craves, and when she goes away I look after her three tortoises, who are easy to feed and make their own entertainment.

I also hope Rhodes will recover very soon, for the sake of the island and all the lovely people who live there and depend on tourists like us. I don't plan to add to their troubles by sporting any kind of two-piece swimwear, fireproof or fur-lined, if we get there, but thanks for the image - I think.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by erobitha View Post

the suggestion that it would have been impossible for Bumbling Buffoon to be used in everyday language (bearing in mind spoken language materialises long before the written word), I do not believe it to be impossible.

You're right. I slaved over it for months. Years. Decades.

And you couldn't find it

You needed this single damn example very badly which proves your hypothesis above is right, but alas.. there is nothing there, only void

The Diary is dead, this single phrase (among others) proved it to be a hoax, and you can do nothing about it, only your bitty hope that you may find it one day..

You rightly described it, Slavery

And you will not find it..

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• John Wheat
    replied

Who’s a pretty boy then?
    Immaturity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X