• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
    You say tomato.
    I say banano!
    No idea what I meant by that ...

Comment

• Well, in the end, it's a question of writing honestly, accurately, and in good faith.

You have repeatedly failed to do so when writing about the diary ("flawless," "we all agree then"... etc.) . And your invalid logical leaps, demonstrated on the other thread again today, only serve to exacerbate the problem and make serious discussion impossible.

Of course, if you are just trolling, that wouldn't concern you...

--John

Comment

• And not taking yourself too seriously ...

That one's key, I'd say.

Comment

• Indeed.

By all means, let's not take anything said here about this cheap and obvious hoax too seriously.

Sound advice.

--John

Comment

• A little self-effacement, humour, avoiding taking everything literally, spotting the occasional bit of good-natured irony, not taking yourself too seriously.

Some key aspects of a truly healthy debate.

In my opinion ...
            Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Logic, honesty, accuracy, and a respect for actual evidence.

Some necessary aspects of a healthy debate.

In my opinion.

--John

Comment

• I think Soothsayer should change his name to SoothSlayer. It only makes sense.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                  I think Soothsayer should change his name to SoothSlayer. It only makes sense.

Mike
                  What about 'Sleuthslayer'?
                  Carol

Comment

• Carol,

Dunno. Which is easiest to say 5 times quickly?

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

• repeat fast:

soothsayer the sleuthslayer slays soothslayers to sooth sleuths.

...i dunno what it means either im just bored...
                      if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

• Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                        repeat fast:

soothsayer the sleuthslayer slays soothslayers to sooth sleuths.
                        I did what you instructed, Joel. You now owe me a new computer monitor
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          I did what you instructed, Joel. You now owe me a new computer monitor
                          forgot to mention the winner gets my shares in xl
                          if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

• wall writing in kellys room

the images on the wall of kellys room are of a bolder and thicker type to the smudges and stains on the wall, it was reported that the wallpaper was dirty and ripped at the time and covered in blood stains. many have said that it is the eye playing tricks on those who view the picture and see all sorts of letters and signs, and i agree on that point, the interest i have in this is that i am writing a book on this very subject and two years study on the murder scene wall. i have seen the original photo and have blown the photo up, used negative type, and used every image tool to see if this is grain or pattern of the wallpaper or blood. in every photo used in books, black or the original damaged photo[the original has to be be enlarged to see images] the images are there. the reason i needed to find out if there was indeed letters on the wall was because a certain artists sketch contains three images which i noticed not unlike that of the murder scene, this was three years ago, every body has got it wrong! it is not FM, or other mentioned ideas, it is three images one of small in centre and is the exact in the sketch, a smudge over the supposed F gives a number not a letter. my book is still in process so i cant tell you what they are, but could be the first visual evidence to the case, as a violent sketch has the same images at the murder scene.
                            andy

Comment

• wall writing in kellys room

the images on the wall of kellys room are of a bolder and thicker type to the smudges and stains on the wall, it was reported that the wallpaper was dirty and ripped at the time and covered in blood stains. many have said that it is the eye playing tricks on those who view the picture and see all sorts of letters and signs, and i agree on that point, the interest i have in this is that i am writing a book on this very subject and two years study on the murder scene wall. i have seen the original photo and have blown the photo up, used negative type, and used every image tool to see if this is grain or pattern of the wallpaper or blood. in every photo used in books, black or the original damaged photo[the original has to be be enlarged to see images] the images are there. the reason i needed to find out if there was indeed letters on the wall was because a certain artists sketch contains three images which i noticed not unlike that of the murder scene, this was three years ago, every body has got it wrong! it is not FM, or other mentioned ideas, it is three images one of small in centre and is the exact in the sketch, a smudge over the supposed F gives a number not a letter. my book is still in process so i cant tell you what they are, but could be the first visual evidence to the case, as a violent sketch has the same images at the murder scene.
                              andy

Comment

• Originally posted by johnsonandrew View Post
                                my book is still in process so i cant tell you what they are, but could be the first visual evidence to the case, as a violent sketch has the same images at the murder scene.
                                Well, good luck with that, but if it sure doesn't sound at all likely. We've already weathered lots of claims of images on the wall (or elsewhere in the photo) and comparisons to works of art (generally poor Walter Sickert's) over the years. More of the same certainly wouldn't be the "first visual evidence to the case," especially when we already have actual photos.

Dan Norder
                                Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                                Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X