This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    we would simply turn to the previous provenance and see in that the answer to why Michael Barrett turned-up with James Maybrick's record of his dastardly deeds back in 1888 in 1991
    Oh no doubt you will, Ike, but by turn, I suspect you mean return.

The thing is, after having so unceremoniously kicked Anne to the curb to engage in a five-year fling with Fat Eddie, will she have you back?

And would any sensible member of the public look at this remarkable reunion with anything other than hilarity and amazement?

What would be the new explanation be for why Anne Graham typed a set of bogus research notes for Mike's benefit? Come to think of it, what is the explanation now?

Presumably, she must have known that Barrett was a receiver of stolen goods, thus she had to backdate Mike's non-existent research to a time that she knew was false in case Eddie Lyons ever dropped her and Mike in it?" Isn't that how it supposedly goes?

'Transfering all my notes since August 1991'...

No, Ike, those bogus notes alone show that that ship has sailed.

Maybe one or two of you could go limping back to Anne, with profound apologies for having so publicly strayed, but most of you have jumped ship and there is no going back, or at least not with your dignity intact.
    Last edited by rjpalmer; 08-16-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Bye Mrs, I Am Jack.

Is a perfect anagram of James Maybrick.

Do I win a prize?

Comment

• At a time of such national sadness, the following comment on The Mag (an unofficial Newcastle United website) made me smile. Perhaps it will do the same for you:

From cockneytrev (presumably, given his username, a little lost) …

On a foot note
        I’ve got milk in the fridge that’s seen,
        Two monarchs
        Two prime ministers
        And two Chelsea managers

i think I’ve got that same milk in my fridge.

Ike
        Iconoclast
        Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• i was asked for help from Rj palmer- of requiring film footage of the Maybrick watch.
          this has a very short film of such a item.
          may or may not be of interest .

Comment

• Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post
            i was asked for help from Rj palmer- of requiring film footage of the Maybrick watch.
            I had thought that by now someone would have beaten me to it, but it seems not. As usual, I'm having to do all the thinking for you lot.

For those of you who believe the removal of Eddowes' kidney was the work of a master surgeon, Angela Rippon (at aprox. 12min 30sec), gives a demonstration of how easy it is to remove human kidneys. In seconds the body is cut open, the intestines are removed and both the kidneys and female organs can be pulled out. The whining from the doc about the possible body fat is of no importance here - especially when you look at the emaciated body of Eddowes. She certainly doesn't seem to me to be obese at the time of her death and her leanness would presumably also reflect a lack of visceral fat (which itself may be a product of the modern crap high-fat diet). The organs are contained in a membrane that can easily be pulled out of a body. Adding Jack's frenzy to this, we're talking seconds not minutes before the guts are removed. Discussion about the alleged medical knowledge of the killer is therefore pointless and only intended to highlight certain stories and suspects.
            Iconoclast

Comment

At a time of such national sadness, the following comment on The Mag (an unofficial Newcastle United website) made me smile. Perhaps it will do the same for you:

From cockneytrev (presumably, given his username, a little lost) …

On a foot note
              I’ve got milk in the fridge that’s seen,
              Two monarchs
              Two prime ministers
              And two Chelsea managers

i think I’ve got that same milk in my fridge.

Ike
              Lightweights! I once had milk in my fridge that had seen two millennia. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                Lightweights! I once had milk in my fridge that had seen two millennia. :-)
                That reminds me, MrB., I still have a pack of sausages in mine which were purchased during the Crimean War (the 1850s one), and a flagon of ale from the Reformation. Old Mrs Iconoclast claims she has a pack of Dairylea from the last Viking invasion but I think she's way out - it was definitely brought in by the Romans.

I'll bet no-one can beat that.
                Iconoclast

Comment

That reminds me, MrB., I still have a pack of sausages in mine which were purchased during the Crimean War (the 1850s one), and a flagon of ale from the Reformation. Old Mrs Iconoclast claims she has a pack of Dairylea from the last Viking invasion but I think she's way out - it was definitely brought in by the Romans.

I'll bet no-one can beat that.
                  My great grandmother lived through three centuries and saw six monarchs. God knows what was in her fridge though.
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                    My great grandmother lived through three centuries and saw six monarchs. God knows what was in her fridge though.
                    Nice one, Abe!

If Young Izzy Iconoclast makes it to January 1, 2101 (requiring her to reach the ripe old age of 101), she will also see three centuries and even two millennia and who knows how many monarchs (maybe five).

Although I've willed the Dairylea to her, I've added a codicil to advise her not to eat it. I'm having the sausages and flagon of ale tha neet (so she might be getting the cheese earlier than I'd expected).
                    Iconoclast

Comment

• i made toad in the hole,
                      i chopped one small onion and dropped it in the pan mix.
                      it has not passed a full weekend in my fridge.
                      "yummy"

Comment

• We have a young Izzy (although I call her Twizz) who will be 107 in 2101. The oldest comestible I could bequeath her is some seafood circa 150 million years old.

Comment

I wonder who that is sitting next to Anne Graham?

Is it Paul Feldman?

It's remarkable that she's still spouting a lot of rubbish about the diary on television a good 7 years after she's escaped Mike Barrett. Odd behavior if it was just a mysterious document that her ex brought home from the pub.

Maybe Feldman still had hopes that Sir Anthony Hopkins would one day play Sir Jim.

Anway, thanks Milchmanuk, but I wish I could unsee it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trial.JPG
Views:	1041
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	797041

Comment

• Does anyone remember that poll started by ero b which asked who Jack was and about 22 people voted and the anti-Maybrick sentiment was crowed as justified by the strong vote against his candidature?

I wonder what would happen if a TV trial of Jack the Ripper had asked the UK viewing public to vote based upon what they had heard regarding the four outstanding candidates for Jack?

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 17.53.05.jpeg
Views:	1029
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	797051
                            Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I wonder who that is sitting next to Anne Graham?

Is it Paul Feldman?

It's remarkable that she's still spouting a lot of rubbish about the diary on television a good 7 years after she's escaped Mike Barrett. Odd behavior if it was just a mysterious document that her ex brought home from the pub.

Maybe Feldman still had hopes that Sir Anthony Hopkins would one day play Sir Jim.

Anway, thanks Milchmanuk, but I wish I could unsee it.

Name:	Trial.JPG
Views:	1041
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	797041
                              doughtily they thought a pay day would ensue,yesterday on J Menges rippercast a expert who knows Mrs Barrett said she does not like talking about the book or anything connected with it ,yet here she is spilling words of wisdom.
                              plenty google pics to be fair of Maybricks watch.

Comment

doughtily they thought a pay day would ensue,yesterday on J Menges rippercast a expert who knows Mrs Barrett said she does not like talking about the book or anything connected with it ,yet here she is spilling words of wisdom.
                                plenty google pics to be fair of Maybricks watch.
                                Hi Milky,

I think it's safe to say that Anne would only have agreed to appear if she was not asked anything about the diary that she had not otherwise already gone public about. This would mean that she was bound to simply regurgitate her "I seen it in 1968" story with the same passion, commitment, and conviction as the paint currently drying on my wall. "I swear on the Holy Bible" the God-fearing Catholic could have stated, but - no - just the wishy-washy very understated claim that she 'seen' it in 1968 and her dad 'seen' it at Christmas 1950. Not saying it's not true, just pointing out the utter lack of conviction on her part.

There was to be no payday, by the way. That ship had sailed when her husband 'confessed' to hoaxing the scrapbook. This trial was 2002 and the money was long gone.

Cheers,

Ike
                                Iconoclast

Comment

Working...
                                X