Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Allen Lechmere - new suspect?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It was repeated a couple of days ago and I saw it then for the first time.The proposition that you would murder on the way to work is not that unlikely as the Yorkshire Ripper used some work tools in his murders.However,idea that the person who slaughtered Mary Kelly could just stop after that and then go on to live a longish normal family/work life does seem unlikely to me.But I was impressed with the research which highlighted the time difference and lying under oath.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
      Welcome to the madhouse Harriet.

      I can echo Gut's comment.
      Check out the thread dealing with Cross/Lechmere.

      You will find it on "Message Boards" - "Suspects" - "General Suspect Discussion" - "Suspect Battle".

      There is also a thread dealing with the actual documentary.
      "Message Boards" - "Audio Visual" - "Visual Media" - "The Missing Evidence".

      Some of the postings can get a bit tetchy, but I am sure they all love their mothers!
      Not sure some here know their mothers
      G U T

      There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Not sure some here know their mothers
        Everyone knows your mum.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Everyone knows your mum.
          I don't
          G U T

          There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by whitechaplewonder View Post
            It was repeated a couple of days ago and I saw it then for the first time.The proposition that you would murder on the way to work is not that unlikely as the Yorkshire Ripper used some work tools in his murders.However,idea that the person who slaughtered Mary Kelly could just stop after that and then go on to live a longish normal family/work life does seem unlikely to me.But I was impressed with the research which highlighted the time difference and lying under oath.

            I completely agree with all the points you've made here. It was my understanding that Christer Holmgren believes he can pin later murders onto Lechmere/Cross?

            Does anyone know when this book is going to be published, as I for one would very much like to read it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Mary Jane Kelly and Insanity

              It is this murder which has always caused me the most trouble. Whoever did this was insane, it evidences cruelty beyond measure. I do not believe anyone could have eviscerated Kelly and gone to work or home to a wife and 12 children. But someone like Aaron Kosminsky, alone, a night dweller, already evidencing a psychoses of the most vicious hatred of women. If the story is true that Aaron caught a venereal disease at age 14/15 from a local prostitute, given the Victorian Age and its morality and hypocrisy, would have caused horrendous internal conflict in a boy. Though his family seems tolerant of his peculiarities, they were busy and somewhat successful. Aaron would have found little support and less nurturing. I remember that Adam Lanza's Dad disowned his son almost immediately after Sandy Hook. Then I remember reading that his Dad had only seen his son 1 or 2 times from the age of 14, almost 6 years. A boy with mental illness, almost no friends, would need a huge investment of time from family for any level of normalcy. Not given that, the isolation and alienation would only grow. Lechmere, worked at his meatpacker job for 20 years, remained married and fathered and one assumes raised 12 children to some degree, would be a less than likely murderer. Lechmere may have feared police when he gave his stepfather's name. Apparently, a good man. Any kid would rally to a loving substitute parent in a highly stressful situation. Another coincidence which isn't, poor people tend to move a lot, poverty doesn't lend itself to stability and everyone would have walked the same streets with a great deal of overlap. An interesting aside, no more. Again, my original point, the murderer of Kelly was crazy and wouldn't have gotten any better and Cross/Lechmere would have never maintained a steady job, which he continued without missing a beat.

              Comment


              • #22
                There is a complete and utter lack of anything to suggest Lechmere was the Ripper.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bkohatl View Post
                  It is this murder which has always caused me the most trouble. Whoever did this was insane, it evidences cruelty beyond measure. I do not believe anyone could have eviscerated Kelly and gone to work or home to a wife and 12 children. But someone like Aaron Kosminsky, alone, a night dweller, already evidencing a psychoses of the most vicious hatred of women. If the story is true that Aaron caught a venereal disease at age 14/15 from a local prostitute, given the Victorian Age and its morality and hypocrisy, would have caused horrendous internal conflict in a boy. Though his family seems tolerant of his peculiarities, they were busy and somewhat successful. Aaron would have found little support and less nurturing. I remember that Adam Lanza's Dad disowned his son almost immediately after Sandy Hook. Then I remember reading that his Dad had only seen his son 1 or 2 times from the age of 14, almost 6 years. A boy with mental illness, almost no friends, would need a huge investment of time from family for any level of normalcy. Not given that, the isolation and alienation would only grow. Lechmere, worked at his meatpacker job for 20 years, remained married and fathered and one assumes raised 12 children to some degree, would be a less than likely murderer. Lechmere may have feared police when he gave his stepfather's name. Apparently, a good man. Any kid would rally to a loving substitute parent in a highly stressful situation. Another coincidence which isn't, poor people tend to move a lot, poverty doesn't lend itself to stability and everyone would have walked the same streets with a great deal of overlap. An interesting aside, no more. Again, my original point, the murderer of Kelly was crazy and wouldn't have gotten any better and Cross/Lechmere would have never maintained a steady job, which he continued without missing a beat.
                  Are you arguing that the person who killed Tabram, Nichols, Chapman and Eddowes was completely sane...?

                  You may not have followed the discussions over the last half decade or so, but the fact of the matter is that many serialists who commit horrendeous murders are also people who hold down steady jobs and have families and kids etcetera. Some study law and are considered perfectly sane and capable members of society, while spending their freetime strangling women and biting their nipples off. Like Bundy. Others are pillars of society, running businesses and doing charity, while torturing young men to death, burying them under their houses. Like Bundy.

                  Before you opt for an overtly mad person being Mary Kellys killer, you may need to consider such things.

                  To make things wore, I would propose that the Kelly murder, far from being a frenzy of cutting and splatter, was in fact a very controlled deed, following a scheme. Now, following schemes desigend to annihilate other human beings IS crazy. AND evil. But the killer is nevertheless quite likely to be somebody who the neighbours look upon as a very good citizen.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                    There is a complete and utter lack of anything to suggest Lechmere was the Ripper.
                    Wow - you are really a bitter man! Of course there is a lot to point to Lechmere as the killer, not only of the Ripper victims, but also of the torso victims.

                    Get a dart board, or a boxing sandbag.
                    Last edited by Fisherman; 10-17-2016, 06:12 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      In my post 23, the second serialist referred to is of course Gacy, not Bundy. Apologies for that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PC2267 View Post
                        I completely agree with all the points you've made here. It was my understanding that Christer Holmgren believes he can pin later murders onto Lechmere/Cross?

                        Does anyone know when this book is going to be published, as I for one would very much like to read it.
                        To late he published it already, and some fool bought it, now he has to write another one.

                        www.trevormarriott.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bkohatl View Post
                          It is this murder which has always caused me the most trouble. Whoever did this was insane, it evidences cruelty beyond measure. I do not believe anyone could have eviscerated Kelly and gone to work or home to a wife and 12 children. But someone like Aaron Kosminsky, alone, a night dweller, already evidencing a psychoses of the most vicious hatred of women. If the story is true that Aaron caught a venereal disease at age 14/15 from a local prostitute, given the Victorian Age and its morality and hypocrisy, would have caused horrendous internal conflict in a boy. Though his family seems tolerant of his peculiarities, they were busy and somewhat successful. Aaron would have found little support and less nurturing. I remember that Adam Lanza's Dad disowned his son almost immediately after Sandy Hook. Then I remember reading that his Dad had only seen his son 1 or 2 times from the age of 14, almost 6 years. A boy with mental illness, almost no friends, would need a huge investment of time from family for any level of normalcy. Not given that, the isolation and alienation would only grow. Lechmere, worked at his meatpacker job for 20 years, remained married and fathered and one assumes raised 12 children to some degree, would be a less than likely murderer. Lechmere may have feared police when he gave his stepfather's name. Apparently, a good man. Any kid would rally to a loving substitute parent in a highly stressful situation. Another coincidence which isn't, poor people tend to move a lot, poverty doesn't lend itself to stability and everyone would have walked the same streets with a great deal of overlap. An interesting aside, no more. Again, my original point, the murderer of Kelly was crazy and wouldn't have gotten any better and Cross/Lechmere would have never maintained a steady job, which he continued without missing a beat.
                          This guy gets it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            This guy gets it.
                            Makes sense that youŽd say that. You are probably just as merrily uninformed yourself - two peas in a pod.

                            In that respect. Hopefully, Bkohatl has more going for him (or her-) self in other areas of the case.

                            [/QUOTE]
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 10-17-2016, 07:31 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                              To late he published it already, and some fool bought it, now he has to write another one.

                              www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              What did I publish, Trevor? Or are you just being a little prankster again?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                                What did I publish, Trevor? Or are you just being a little prankster again?
                                You just dont have a sense of humour do you. I am surprised with the comical theory you have about Lechmere !

                                www.trevormarriott.co.uk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X