Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
    Great OP, thank you.

Just to move this on a touch...and it 'keep it here.' Was there or is there ANY evidence whatsoever to link Lechmere to Berner St, Mitre Square or the Millers Court Murders?
    When it comes down to it, there's no evidence to link anyone to any of those murders. In Lechmere's case, to commit the Berner Street and Mitre Square murders, he would have needed to stay up 23+ hours or get up 3+ hours early on his only day off.
    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

If you can line up some important addresses/murder sites on a map as the crow flies, it doesn't mean a person moving from a starting point to his/her final destination has to pass by all those points. The route may be circuitous and miss many of the locations. This has been pointed out time after time.
      Last edited by Scott Nelson; 03-28-2024, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Unless the killer was The Crow.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

When it comes down to it, there's no evidence to link anyone to any of those murders. In Lechmere's case, to commit the Berner Street and Mitre Square murders, he would have needed to stay up 23+ hours or get up 3+ hours early on his only day off.
          Someone must have committed the Murders though. However if I was a gambling man I'd bet a trillion pounds it wasn't Lechmere.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Good points, and I agree. Also, I find the sentence that you bolded to be confusing. He refers to the 4 victims as if there were only 4. I guess maybe he's referring to Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, and Kelly, because Stride and Eddowes certainly weren't in line with his path to work. He and Stow have acknowledged this last part, which is why it was necessary to speculate that he may have visited his mother the night that those 2 died. But even for the other 4, Chapman was killed a good deal further north than Tabram, which makes it hard for me to see how both could have been in perfect line to his working place.
            Please correct me if I am indeed incorrect, To include Stride and Eddowes CH and ES claim the mother visiting. However once leaving Berner Street why did he go North and West to Mitre Square via Goulston Street instead of back East towards 'home' or South towards his mothers?

Comment

Please correct me if I am indeed incorrect, To include Stride and Eddowes CH and ES claim the mother visiting. However once leaving Berner Street why did he go North and West to Mitre Square via Goulston Street instead of back East towards 'home' or South towards his mothers?
              IIRC, they say Mitre Square was on his route to work from a house he hadn't lived in for years. Which makes no sense and is probably false.
              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

In Lechmere's case, to commit the Berner Street and Mitre Square murders, he would have needed to stay up 23+ hours or get up 3+ hours early on his only day off.
                All of this Lechmere-denialist nonsense makes me chuckle. But for maximum laughs, I like to translate that one into an imaginary scene from The Sweeney...

Carter: "What about this one, guv? Should we bring him in?"
                Regan: "Nah. Couldn't have been him. He'd have been in bed by that time."

M.
                Last edited by Mark J D; 03-29-2024, 03:21 PM.

Comment

So, you believe that anyone who doesn’t believe that Cross was guilty (the majority of those interested in the case) are simply ‘ in denial?’ You feel that the case against him is so utterly proven that anyone who disagrees is just in denial? Really?

The case against Cross is non-existent. It’s simply a bandwagon built on the deliberate misuse of evidence rolling on fuelled by self-interest. Time to give it up and admit that the game is up. The scam has been exposed for what it is.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    So, you believe that anyone who doesn’t believe that Cross was guilty (the majority of those interested in the case) are simply ‘ in denial?’ [etc]
                    Straw man much?

M.

Comment

I can’t really see a meaning in those three words. Are you requesting an intervention from someone called Straw Man Much?

I commented on the ‘Lechmere denial’ content of your post. If you re-read your post you’ll see that you used the phrase ‘Lechmere denialist nonsense.” So I’m not questioning something that you didn’t say in the first place because you said it. I’m also assuming that you don’t believe that there are posters on here who deny the existence of the Cross, therefore you can only be labelling posters who don’t believe that Cross was the ripper as ‘deniers.’ Of course we all know how that word is used in relation to another subject so we can deduce that you feel that the case against Cross is proven and that others simply refuse to accept it.

Perhaps you could explain what you meant?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

IIRC, they say Mitre Square was on his route to work from a house he hadn't lived in for years. Which makes no sense and is probably false.
                        Soooo the Lechmere lovers on one hand are linking him to Berner Street as his mam lived in Cable Street, BUT for another murder on the same night they are connecting him for a completely different reason? Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay sounds legit.
                        Last edited by Geddy2112; 03-29-2024, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Soooo the Lechmere lovers on one hand are linking him to Berner Street as his mam lived in Cable Street, BUT for another murder on the same night they are connecting him for a completely different reason? Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay sounds legit.
                          i think the argument is that stride was killed near his mums house, and when that didnt go as planned he headed toward mitre square or around there and where he found eddowes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i think the argument is that stride was killed near his mums house, and when that didnt go as planned he headed toward mitre square or around there and where he found eddowes.
                            Hi Abby. To be precise, his mother's house was literally 175m -- a 2-minute walk away -- from the place where Stride was murdered. That's because Old Ma Lechmere was living in MaryAnn Street, not in Cable Street. Last time I pointed out how close she was to Berner Street, someone came back with the ludicrously wrong information that they'd found MaryAnn Street, and it was way out in E16 or somewhere. Which is what I mean by denialism: psychology sees to it that reality is excluded, and people not only joyfully post wrong information, but cheer each other on as they do so. See this thread for examples.

M.
                            Last edited by Mark J D; 03-29-2024, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

Hi Abby. To be precise, his mother's house was literally 175m -- a 2-minute walk away -- from the place where Stride was murdered. That's because Old Ma Lechmere was living in MaryAnn Street, not in Cable Street. Last time I pointed out how close she was to Berner Street, someone came back with the ludicrously wrong information that they'd found MaryAnn Street, and it was way out in E16 or somewhere. Which is what I mean by denialism: psychology sees to it that reality is excluded, and people not only joyfully post wrong information, but cheer each other on as they do so. See this thread for examples.

M.
                              What about when Christer joyfully left out the word ‘about’ from his documentary time that Cross left his house so as to create a mysterious gap?

What about when he joyfully did the same in his book and said on here that it was ‘obvious to all’ that the majority of reports said ‘about 3.30’ and couldn’t respond properly when I asked ‘if it’s so obvious here and now, why wasn’t it obvious to you when you wrote the book?’

What about when he joyfully tried to widen the non-existent gap by suggesting that Baxter thought that the body was found closer to 3.45 than it was to 3.40 when the evidence screams otherwise?

The cheering on is done by those in the Cross Fan Club. The bandwagon, the TV channel, the crusade. Those that see absolutely everything as pointing to a guilty Cross and then turn a massive communal blind eye to everything that points to him as being nothing more a man that found a body. The denialism comes from those on the bandwagon side.

PS. It’s noticeable that you never discus the details of the case. You are free to challenge and debate the points that I made in my original post. No wrong information there.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

M.
                                I don’t recall Peter Sutcliffe or Ted Bundy or any other serial killer killing at locations close to a location with a family connection? Perhaps it’s another way that Cross was unique in the annals to add to being the only serial killer that we can name that killed on his route to work and 20 minutes before he was due to clock on. And the only killer that we can come up with that killed and mutilated a woman in the street and then stood around waiting for a stranger to arrive for a chat.

The location of his mother’s house couldn’t be more irrelevant. He was simply a local man with unavoidable connections to certain locations in the area.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X