Why Cross Was Almost Certainly Innocent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I don’t recall Peter Sutcliffe or Ted Bundy or any other serial killer killing at locations close to a location with a family connection?
    I bet Sutcliffe and Bundy spent ages wishing they'd had something like the internal combusion engine to allow them to travel large distances easily and quickly, rather than having to walk everywhere... Oh, wait...

M.
    (Image of Charles Allen Lechmere is by artist Ashton Guilbeaux. Used by permission. Original art-work for sale.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

I bet Sutcliffe and Bundy spent ages wishing they'd had something like the internal combusion engine to allow them to travel large distances easily and quickly, rather than having to walk everywhere... Oh, wait...

M.
      Distance is irrelevant. Neither them or any other serial killer thought “ok, I’ll kill my first victim near to Auntie Barbara’s house, then I think I’ll kill one near to Gran’s flat, then i’ll nip over an kill one near to Uncle Bernard’s shop.”

As I said, the geographical stuff is simply nonsense. A deliberate attempt to create pointers to guilt illustrating the non-existence of any case against him.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Distance is irrelevant.
        {*boggle*...}

​Neither them or any other serial killer thought “ok, I’ll kill my first victim near to Auntie Barbara’s house, then I think I’ll kill one near to Gran’s flat, then i’ll nip over an kill one near to Uncle Bernard’s shop.”
        Straw man again.

Nothing here of the slightest interest.

M.
        (Image of Charles Allen Lechmere is by artist Ashton Guilbeaux. Used by permission. Original art-work for sale.)

Comment

{*boggle*...}

Straw man again.

Nothing here of the slightest interest.

M.
          An occasional post with actual content would make a refreshing change. Always short and snarky. Never any attempt to deal with evidence. After all this is the purpose of a forum. No problem though, it’s hardly surprising that you don’t debate the evidence is it.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Not been on for a couple of weeks, so missed this rather interesting thread Herlock.

I will attempt to make a few observations and comments over the weekend.

Steve

Comment

Before commenting on the OP, I thought I would address Paul's post first.

Originally posted by kjab3112 View Post
              I don’t rule Cross/Lechmere out, but am sceptical. I personally doubt that Polly met her killer on Buck’s Row as why should she be there? She was after either money or shelter and I cannot see either to be found on Buck’s Row unless she was with somebody who was offering her money to be there, such as a potential client.
              There is a real possibility that the area behind Whitechapel station was an area, that was used by the ladies. I have covered this in some depth in "Inside Bucks Row".

We have a number of comments and facts which might support this.

We have the a police report that clearly says the area was used for such.

At the inquest, Tomkins confirmed that women did often come to the slaughter house but he did not like them.

It appears that there were a number of brothels very close to the slaughter house in Winthrop street.
              There are also brothels mentioned in the nearby streets, such as Thomas and Bakers Row.

We see Mrs Green, making an issue over the police asking about girls in Bucks Row, rather than in the brothels in the surrounding streets. For me, there is almost a touch of her protesting too much.

But why would this be, why this area?

Well it is very close to two possible sources for clients, the Goods yard that backed onto Bucks Row itself and the London Hospitial, just a short distance off in the Whitechapel Road.

While this is of course not conclusive, it is certainly a possible reason why Polly may have been in Bucks Row.
              That the police said it was known, cannot I suggest simply be ignore.

Steve
              Last edited by Elamarna; 03-30-2024, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Steve

The presence of the two railway stations with their entrance on Whitechapel Road would also increase footfall of potential clientele, perhaps not at 3am but both Paddington and Kings Cross were notorious red light areas into the 80s and 90s. I just don’t see Polly hanging around on Buck’s Row to be met by Cross, going there with her client-killer in the same way as Annie and Mary Jane makes more sense to me.

Paul

Comment

Hi Abby. To be precise, his mother's house was literally 175m -- a 2-minute walk away -- from the place where Stride was murdered.
                  Lechmere's mother living near Berner Street is not exactly new information. Neither is the fact that Dutfield's Yard is not on a direct route between Lechmere's home and his mother's home. And while Lechmere no doubt visited his mother, the timing would require him to stay up 23+ hours or get up 3+ hours early onhis only day off.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by fiver View Post
                    ... Dutfield's yard is not on a direct route between lechmere's home and his mother's home...

Hilarious.

M.
                    Last edited by Mark J D; 03-30-2024, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i think the argument is that stride was killed near his mums house, and when that didnt go as planned he headed toward mitre square or around there and where he found eddowes.
                      Hence what I said, thank you. But that seems rather off. Why are Lechmere supporters claiming that he killed near his mam's house BUT then went in the completely opposite direction on the same night to kill in Mitre Square and thus we are given another 'fact' as evidence it was him. It kind of negates the 'mam's house' evidence or the Mitre Square evidence. One by definition squashes the other or vice versa. As I'm finding out though Lechmere supporters are keen to have it both ways so to speak.

Comment

Why would he kill near to his mother’s house? It’s meaningless.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hilarious.

M.
                          Your picture proves my point.
                          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

I bet Sutcliffe and Bundy spent ages wishing they'd had something like the internal combustion engine to allow them to travel large distances easily and quickly, rather than having to walk everywhere... Oh, wait...
                            I fear that is rather a mute point. They had the choice to use a car or not. The car is kind of irrelevant if you are going to stand by the 'kill close to an important venue' point. With the car they could still kill next to mummy's house or work but get away quicker. They didn't.
                            You could argue a serial killer with a private jet has a larger kill zone making the geographical footprint larger making the 'geographical footprint' less and less relevant in relation to serial killing.

Comment

Hilarious.

M.
                              So ‘a direct route’ means 150 yards off the direct line. Is that the criteria? At very best it’s ’in the approximate vicinity of.’

How can you claim these unbelievably weak to non-existent ‘points?’
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why would he kill near to his mother’s house? It’s meaningless.
                                H Herlock,

I think that the idea behind Cross as a suspect is that the Ripper would have been more likely to kill when it was convenient for him. Rather than make a special trip somewhere just to kill someone, he more likely would have killed when he was going to be in the area anyway for some other reason. But that brings us to Geddy's point. If that's how he operated, then going to Mitre Square, the opposite direction from where he lived, doesn't fit with how he usually did things.

Comment

Working...
                                X