The Darkness of Bakers Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

But the case against Lechmere is based on false claims, misrepresentations and cherry picking.
    All you have to do now, John, is to prove it. Without the usual ”I have already done that”. And the long and the short of it is that you cant. You just made it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

All you have to do now, John, is to prove it. Without the usual ”I have already done that”. And the long and the short of it is that you cant. You just made it up.
      If you've got a problem with what I and Fiver said maybe you should prove that the case against Lechmere is made up of facts but you won't because its not.

Comment

If you've got a problem with what I and Fiver said maybe you should prove that the case against Lechmere is made up of facts but you won't because its not.
        So there we are, no verification of your false claims. Thank you.

Comment

So there we are, no verification of your false claims. Thank you.
          Fiver has made many claims that you have so far not refuted why don't you? Because there all true?

Comment

Fiver has made many claims that you have so far not refuted why don't you? Because there all true?
            Changing subject, are we? You have still to provide examples of your false claims, John. But you can't. Not a single one. It was all made up, from beginning to end.

Concentrate on that instead.

Comment

Changing subject, are we? You have still to provide examples of your false claims, John. But you can't. Not a single one. It was all made up, from beginning to end.

Concentrate on that instead.
              But why would I do the hardwork when someone has already done it? Especially on a theory that is a joke to all but a handful of the ill informed? I notice you have yet to properly refute Fivers claims. If you are so confident about the Lechmere theory then refuting Fivers claims should be a walk in the park.

Comment

• We are re-opening this thread. If you would like to post, please make sure you read the updated policy in Casebook Announcements prior to posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                  But is is of course completely honorable، fair and commendable to accuse persons that are no longer among us to defend themselves of being the infamous Jack the Ripper and the Torso murderer, that is how all of us should do the f.... ripperology.

The Baron
                  That is the nature of suspectology and it has been that way since before any of us were born. The problem comes when people adjust facts to fit the theory instead of adjusting the theory to fit the facts. I have seen people claim that Dr Gull's strokes, which began before the murders, were faked so that he could have an alibi for the murders. The best suspectologists acknowledge evidence that points against their theory, but far too often inconvenient facts are ignored.
                  "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    fiver has posted in the past a list of other people who "are better suspects than lechmere" including james hardiman and even another man named lechmere lol and several others which are frankly ridiculous on the face of it,
                    Several more? Here is my list of top suspects - again.

* UN Owen.
                    * David Cohen. The suspect was violent and insane. Institutionalized in May 1889. He matches many points of Macnaghten's Kosminski.
                    * George Capel Scudamore Lechmere. Semi-employed barber who tried to murder his estranged wife in June 1890. He tried to slit her throat, but failed due to drunkenness, was sentenced to 18 months hard labor and died in 1893 a few months after his release.
                    * James Hardiman. May have been a horse slaughterer. Infant daughter died in June 1888 of syphilis inherited from her mother. Hardiman's wife was hospitalized and died in September 1888. Hardiman died of tuberculosis in December 1891.

Odds are none of the named men were the Ripper, but none of them is ridiculous. All are better suspects than Charles Allen Lechmere, although that's a low hurdle to clear.
                    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

* UN Owen.
                      * David Cohen. The suspect was violent and insane. Institutionalized in May 1889. He matches many points of Macnaghten's Kosminski.
                      * George Capel Scudamore Lechmere. Semi-employed barber who tried to murder his estranged wife in June 1890. He tried to slit her throat, but failed due to drunkenness, was sentenced to 18 months hard labor and died in 1893 a few months after his release.
                      * James Hardiman. May have been a horse slaughterer. Infant daughter died in June 1888 of syphilis inherited from her mother. Hardiman's wife was hospitalized and died in September 1888. Hardiman died of tuberculosis in December 1891.

Odds are none of the named men were the Ripper, but none of them is ridiculous. All are better suspects than Charles Allen Lechmere, although that's a low hurdle to clear.
                      Hi Fiver,

Please tell me about UN Owen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi Fiver,

Please tell me about UN Owen.
                        UNknOwn.

Comment

• I think we can reasonably safely say "Unknown" did it.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                            I think we can reasonably safely say "Unknown" did it.
                            I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

* UN Owen.

low hurdle to clear? your low hurdle to clear seems to be violent and or insane and forget any connection to the case. thats half the male population of london.

david cohen- another in the long list of pin the tail on the crazy jew. and what does koz have to do with it? and since you mention koz, why isnt he one of your top suspects? at least he was there, has possible eye witness testimoney against him and was a police suspect at the time.
                              other lech- where was he in 88? what connection to the case again?
                              hardiman- the son of a peripheral witness. zero physical connection to the case. whats his history of violence or insanity? looks like just a tragic history of illness in his family to me.

sorry fiver your normally a good poster but this silliness does you no favors. and i would be less harsh but you put forward "suspects" like this while obsessively excoriating a valid suspect like lech, which makes absolutely no sense.
                              Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-10-2024, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                                I think we can reasonably safely say "Unknown" did it.
                                I disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X