Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

The term is ‘toy boy’. Guess what it describes.
    Let me help you out:

toy boy

noun

British: a young man who is having a romantic or sexual relationship with an older woman​

Comment

• To me it seems Ma lechmere was the good one and his biological father was the jerk.
      what interests me about lechs mother/father/ parents is that he apparently came from a broken home, with a strong mother/absent father and she was involved in the cats meat business.

and of course maintaining two names. one for work and dealing with police and one for friends and family and other official business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        To me it seems Ma lechmere was the good one and his biological father was the jerk.
        what interests me about lechs mother/father/ parents is that he apparently came from a broken home, with a strong mother/absent father and she was involved in the cats meat business.
        Isn't it ironic that there's a term for a man who has a relationship with an older woman, and a term for a woman who has relationships with younger men but there isn't a specific pejorative term for older men who have relationships with younger woman. Odd isn't it? I'm sure there's a word for that kind of mindset where if a woman does a thing that a man regularly does, all involved get slurred, where it's just seen as normal for a man to do it. I know there's got to be a word for that kind of sexist thinking...oh what is that word...

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post

Isn't it ironic that there's a term for a man who has a relationship with an older woman, and a term for a woman who has relationships with younger men but there isn't a specific pejorative term for older men who have relationships with younger woman. Odd isn't it? I'm sure there's a word for that kind of mindset where if a woman does a thing that a man regularly does, all involved get slurred, where it's just seen as normal for a man to do it. I know there's got to be a word for that kind of sexist thinking...oh what is that word...
          Sugar daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            To me it seems Ma lechmere was the good one and his biological father was the jerk.

and of course maintaining two names. one for work and dealing with police and one for friends and family and other official business.
            We are pretty much on the same page, Abby.

There are other things to take into account, such as the vast gulf between how and where Maria was brought up and how and where she had to bring her children up.

Plus the risk that her bigamous marriages could have been overturned at any time while JAL was alive.

I believe that may have been why she left small town Hereford and settled in the East End.

Last edited by MrBarnett; 11-04-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Sigh. A sugar daddy is someone who pays a woman for her favors. Try again. A slur for a man who engages in romantic relationships with a younger woman, no element of payment involved. Just getting insulted because you date someone younger than you and you're a man.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Well, you get off lightly, Gary, if all you are falsely accused of is misogyny.

Poor old Lechmere is falsely accused of infinitely worse, and he has no right of reply from where he must be turning in his grave.

Much as I dislike bringing Hallie's comic into view again so soon [see what I did there?], I do so because Lechmere accusers are missing a powerful ally by dissing her 'sleeping rough' argument. If Polly Nichols was having forty winks in Buck's Row, when the ripper saw her and swiftly satisfied his Sleeping Beauty fetish, it would then make it plausible that Lechmere was that man, because she would indeed have looked to him from a distance like - drum roll - a tarpaulin! When he got close enough to hear the tarpaulin snoring softly, he'd have known his luck was about to change. Afterwards, he would have been able to say, from a lived experience, that when he first saw the baggage lying in the road, he took it to be a tarpaulin. Naturally he would not have added the small detail that she was alive and well at that point.

It's smart to mix truths with half truths and lies,
                When you're pulling the wool over Mr Plod's eyes.

Lechmere could not have done this without Hallie's help, however. Had he seen Polly in life, looking like she was on her last legs, but walking upright if a bit unsteadily, he could not have unseen her as a human being in death, and then been able to picture what an innocent person would have seen instead, on their way to another twelve hour shift. We know Robert Paul would have preferred to give both the stranger and his tarpaulin a wide berth and not engage with either, had he not been asked over to inspect Lechmere's baggage for himself.
                on
                Free the Pickfords One! Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain? Brave Hungarian peasant girl who forced King John to sign the pledge at Runnymede and close the boozers at half past ten! Is all this to be forgotten?​

Love,

Cazanthony Aloysius Hancock
                X

I would be careful about quoting Hancock in defence of Lechmere because, without wishing to spoil anyone's enjoyment of that episode in the event that they haven't seen it - he did change his mind and vote guilty in the end.

Whenever anyone mentions Lechmere supposedly bumping into Nichols on his way to work, I think about the murderer's real modus operandi.

He may have bumped into Chapman in Hanbury Street, but he murdered her in a back yard.

He may have encountered Stride in Berner Street, but he killed her in a dark yard, not on the pavement.

He may have met Eddowes in Church Passage, Duke Street, but he murdered her in a dark niche of the Square nearby.

He may have met Kelly in Commercial Street, but he murdered her indoors.

He met his victims in the open and then went with them somewhere darker and more secluded.

Yet we asked to believe that just once, when he was on his way to work, he bumped off someone he had just bumped into, in a dark deserted street, on his way to work.

Funnily enough, Stow mentions both Paul and Lechmere mentioning that they were getting late for work, but he doesn't think Lechmere would have been concerned that murdering and mutilating a woman on his way to work might make him late for work!

Since I have had the unenviable experience of corresponding at length with Stow, and been accused by him of ignorance and, as an alternative insult, malice, I have become aware of just how weak even he seems to think his case against Lechmere is.

Every time I viewed a documentary of his about Lechmere and the Torso Murders, I asked him where his evidence was.

Anyone can watch them and confirm for himself or herself that he doesn't provide any.

Each time, he told me to keep viewing.

When I challenged him to produce his proof about Maria's alleged bigamy, he told me to wait for a new documentary.

I asked him to provide just one piece of evidence.

He replied that I should be patient.

I asked him how Lechmere could have murdered Kelly on a holiday.

He replied that only ignorant people think that.

I asked him whether he maintains that Lechmere did work that day.

He said he doesn't know.

I pointed out that, consequently, he had some explaining to do.

He said I was 'reduced to meaningless drivel.'

I asked him why he was sure Lechmere killed Nichols on a Friday on his way to work, but wouldn't say whether he worked on the Friday on which Kelly was murdered.

He said he did not have Lechmere's work schedule.

I asked him whether he thought Lechmere murdered Chapman on his way to work.

Not sure.

I quote directly from our correspondence:

(I'm not sure whether I have permission from him to do so, but then I'm not sure he had permission to call me ignorant and malicious).

'I do suspect Lechmere killed Mary Kelly. Possibly on his way to work.'

This is after having told all the world that he had conclusive proof that Lechmere killed Nichols on his way to work.

Anyone who dares to challenge this 'fact' on one of his forums is liable to be insulted in the crudest possible ways by his supporters and he himself accuses anyone who challenges him of being ignorant, but he only 'suspects' that Lechmere killed Kelly!

Does he think that someone else may have killed Kelly?
                Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 11-04-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Sigh. A sugar daddy is someone who pays a woman for her favors. Try again. A slur for a man who engages in romantic relationships with a younger woman, no element of payment involved. Just getting insulted because you date someone younger than you and you're a man.
                  And the daddy element implies he is generally older.

Cradle-snatcher isn’t gender specific, but it is more often aimed at men.

Comment

• So the answer is, there is no specific slur for a man who dates younger woman or his partner in "crime".

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Was Kelly killed on a holiday?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                        Was Kelly killed on a holiday?
                        Are you asking me?

I don't know.

I suspect the reason Stow won't say whether Lechmere killed Kelly on his way to work is that he knows he would have had to spend about two hours of his working hours mutilating her and then walk half a mile to work.

When I put the same point to Holmgren, he started suggesting alternative scenarios, including Lechmere having the day off.

Even Stow does not preclude Lechmere's having a day off.

What a coincidence - Lechmere having a day off from work on the day of the Lord Mayor's Show!

Comment

So the answer is, there is no specific slur for a man who dates younger woman or his partner in "crime".
                          I'm tempted to suggest "cradle snatcher" but as that's in no way gender specific, I think you're right.

I don't think there is a specific pejorative term for men who date much younger women.

That's presumably because it's regarded as perfectly normal (commendable even) and unworthy of comment.

That said, we get called "cougar" which I wouldn't say is a pejorative as it has, to my mind, quite a nice predatory ring to it!!

Still the fact that there's a name for it and not for the male equivalent tells a story in itself.

Edit: Sorry! Just saw Mr B got to cradle snatcher before me.

Last edited by Ms Diddles; 11-04-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• rhino

trout

manther

tb
                            Last edited by The Baron; 11-04-2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                              I don't think there is a specific pejorative term for men who date much younger women.
                              Someone invented the term manther, but it never really caught on.

I'm interested in why Charles Lechmere is being described as having an absentee father.

Doesn't Thomas Cross count?

Some might consider it an insult to stepfathers.

Lechmere was an adult of 19 when Thomas Cross kicked the bucket, and far as we know, Cross could have been an ideal father figure: patient, responsible, kindhearted, and available. There's nothing to say otherwise.

Or we could paint Cross as a violent sadist and bent copper who exposed Charles to the most humiliating perversions.

I suspect that's the appeal of the Lechmere theory. He's basically a tabula rasa and one can chalk-up whatever fanciful suggestion one wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                                rhino

trout

manther

tb
                                Our posts crossed (no pun)

Some young rock-and-roller, I forget which one, lost his girlfriend to a late-to-middle-aged actor.

He called such types "vampires"--feeding on youthful blood, because they were half-dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X