Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    The arguments I have read, heard, or seen in documentaries to bolster the case that Lechmere would have gone to the murder sites at the right times include: His mother's house was near Berner Street (not very near).

Click image for larger version

Name:	lachmere maryann to berner.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	800143

[Other daft garbage snipped.]

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

[Other daft garbage snipped.]

M.

Is your comment 'Other daft garbage snipped' directed at me?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
        ... if you can tell me where this route was blocked, then I'd be much obliged...
        The OS people have definitely seen a barrier...

Name:	lachmere no through road.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	800148

M.

Comment

M.
          Thanks for the map. It doesn't change the facts that Dutfield's Yard is several blocks away and not on a likely route between his mother's house and 22 Doveton.
          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Thanks for the map. It doesn't change the facts that Dutfield's Yard is several blocks away and not on a likely route between his mother's house and 22 Doveton.

I agree.

And I had made both those points myself.

But Mark JD hasn't responded to my question about his comment accompanying the map:

Is your comment 'Other daft garbage snipped' directed at me?

Comment

• Straight through in 1887.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.23.32 am-2.png
Views:	519
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	800206
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

The OS people have definitely seen a barrier...

Name:	lachmere no through road.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	800148

M.
                Mark, I think the question is what is that double line ?

Is it a wall, a fence, is it solid, does it have a gate?

On Spitalfields life there is a photo of the entrance to the clothes market, sadly its from some years later and does not show where that line would be, but it does show a metal railing type fence, with a gate, could this be similar.

It's an interesting question.

Steve

Comment

• >>I think Susan Clapp may have a mole on here, which wouldn't surprise me as there seem to be a few dubious characters on here.<<

Whilst you need to be a member to post, anyone can read what is written here.
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                    >>I think Susan Clapp may have a mole on here, which wouldn't surprise me as there seem to be a few dubious characters on here.<<

Whilst you need to be a member to post, anyone can read what is written here.

I know.

That is why I used the verb 'may'.

Comment

• As several people know all too well, I can assure they are being read and commented on elsewhere.

Which has raised a problem, that R.J. has touched on, where can the issues, pro and con, with the Lechmere candidacy be discussed by all parties?
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

Straight through in 1887.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 9.23.32 am-2.png Views:	41 Size:	135.2 KB ID:	800206
                        Thanks Dusty. This would also have been my response to Mark's post #6228. The Insurance Plan people definitely saw no barrier in 1887. Looking at several old maps, it seems that Borer's Passage has always been open up to at least 1887.
                        "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                        Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post

Thanks Dusty. This would also have been my response to Mark's post #6228. The Insurance Plan people definitely saw no barrier in 1887. Looking at several old maps, it seems that Borer's Passage has always been open up to at least 1887.
                          Hi Frank.

You probably noticed this on-line picture of Borer's Passage, c. 1911, giving us a look at what is being discussed. Boerer's Passage is also mentioned in a case tried at the Old Bailey in 1863--evidently well-known for many years as an area where one could buy and sell used clothing. I doubt this route could have been unknown to a person who had lived in East London nearly their whole life.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Borer's Passage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	800256

Comment

• My only caveat would be that perhaps he wouldn't go down a narrow dark passage at that time in the morning.
                            Although, I suppose, if he were a brazen psychopath ...

(PS RJ I just pm'ed you.)
                            ​​​​​​​
                            dustymiller
                            aka drstrange

Comment

My only caveat would be that perhaps he wouldn't go down a narrow dark passage at that time in the morning.
                              Although, I suppose, if he were a brazen psychopath ...

(PS RJ I just pm'ed you.)
                              He wasn't afraid of walking down Bucks Row or approaching a stranger there, so Charles Lechmere was braver than Robert Paul. Working as a carman would have left him in good physical condition - I wonder how big a man Charles Lechmere was.
                              ​​​​​​​
                              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                                Hi Frank.

You probably noticed this on-line picture of Borer's Passage, c. 1911, giving us a look at what is being discussed. Boerer's Passage is also mentioned in a case tried at the Old Bailey in 1863--evidently well-known for many years as an area where one could buy and sell used clothing. I doubt this route could have been unknown to a person who had lived in East London nearly their whole life.
                                Hi Roger,

Thanks for that photo and Old Bailey reference; I hadn't seen the picture, yet. Nice. Pitty that it's from 1911 and doesn't give the direction of Borer's Passage, but it's always nice to see those old pictures.

Cheers,
                                Frank
                                "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                                Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Working...
                                X