Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

    yup.but some can be hard to kill. have a friend who lives on a farm and they tried to put down a chicken once and it wouldnt die, he cut the head off eventually and it was still running and flopping around. it kept them up at night scratching the side of the barn, making there dog bark. the wife said it was like living with something possessed by the devil. when it was still alive the next morning he had to make a fire and burn it then bury it. the wife says she still has nightmares about that dam chicken.
    My dad told a similar story about a turkey he and a mate bought in Belfast when they were docked there during WW2. Being London boys, they had no idea how to kill it, but a giant of a stoker - a Wiltshireman - grasped it between his knees and pulled its head off. The bloody thing ran around the deck for ages pumping blood out of its neck. The turkey was roasted they tucked into it, but shortly after they had to put out to sea to hunt for submarines. The sea was very rough and he brought his turkey dinner back up. From then on even the smell of turkey made him feel sick.
    Last edited by MrBarnett; 09-15-2021, 08:49 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

      You are correct, but if he had been asked that question and we must rightly assume that he was, then any further suspicion about the two names and his involvment in the murder would diminsh.

      People do find dead bodies, how otherwise would they be discovered, you cant accuse everyone who finds a dead body of being responsible for their deaths. Fish has created a mystery where there is no mystery to be created. There is nothing from 1888 to show the police suspected him or they or the coroner did not accpet his explantion for using two different names.

      www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      I doubt the coroner was aware he had another name, one that he was known by locally and which he invariably used when dealing with any kind of authority - with the exception of police and coroners.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

        kind of like your Feigenbaum theory!!!
        Have you ever parted with your pocket money to purchase anything ripper related or does you paper round not pay enough money for you to do that?

        www.trevormarriott.co.uk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

          My dad told a similar story about a turkey he and a mate bought in Belfast when they were docked there during WW2. Being London boys, they had no idea how to kill it, but a giant of a stoker - a Wiltshireman - grasped it between his knees and pulled its head off. The bloody thing ran around the deck for ages pumping blood out of its neck. The turkey was roasted they tucked into it, but shortly after they had to put out to sea to hunt for submarines. The sea was very rough and he brought his turkey dinner back up. From then on even the smell of turkey made him feel sick.
          hopefully i can forget this story before thanksgiving lol.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

          -Edgar Allan Poe


          "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

          -Frederick G. Abberline

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

            this is an interesting line of research youve uncovered gary. it seems like if it was lech, they didnt recognize each other though right?

            btw, i definitely think marshal saw the ripper and stride together. no question imho.
            Yes, although Marshall didn’t see the man’s face he described a thick-set man (I think?) which doesn’t match the one photo we have of Lech.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Was the closest the police got to unmasking ‘Cross’ when they interviewed William Marshall about his sighting of a man with Liz Stride?

              Marshall would have known that Cross hadn’t given his real name at the Nichols inquest, and he would have known of his connection to St George’s.
              You know, for months I have been wondering if the real reason for the Stride murder being anomalous -- or even for its having taken place *at all* -- might be the presence so close by of a guy with a personal connection to Lechmere. It didn't have to be Diemschutz who spooked the killer, nor anyone else from the IWMES.

              M.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

                Have you ever parted with your pocket money to purchase anything ripper related or does you paper round not pay enough money for you to do that?

                www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                lol. i have purchased about twenty ripper related books, but alas your feigenbaum book was not one of them. they were giving them away with a free bowl of soup though.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

                -Edgar Allan Poe


                "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                -Frederick G. Abberline

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

                  You know, for months I have been wondering if the real reason for the Stride murder being anomalous -- or even for its having taken place *at all* -- might be the presence so close by of a guy with a personal connection to Lechmere. It didn't have to be Diemschutz who spooked the killer, nor anyone else from the IWMES.

                  M.
                  It was Marshall’s wife who had reported the death of CAL’s sister, Emily, in 1869. There is no mention of the name Cross on the death certificate, so the one and only piece of evidence we have of what name CAL’s neighbours knew his family by shows it to have been Lechmere. No doubt they also knew them as PC Cross’s family, but at least as early as 1869, it was known by neighbours that the real name of Maria’s children was Lechmere.

                  By 1888, some people (e.g. church, school) probably only knew them as Lechmere.
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 09-15-2021, 09:14 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

                    Yes, although Marshall didn’t see the man’s face he described a thick-set man (I think?) which doesn’t match the one photo we have of Lech.
                    yup and yup. its one of my (minor) check marks against lech as the ripper. he dosnt really look like he fits the witness descriptions of a short stout man.or broad face and shoulders etc. he looks kind of tall and rangy to me.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

                    -Edgar Allan Poe


                    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                    -Frederick G. Abberline

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                      lol. i have purchased about twenty ripper related books, but alas your feigenbaum book was not one of them. they were giving them away with a free bowl of soup though.
                      Thats because they all sold out, in demand no need to give them away in a promotion

                      Maybe you should buy one then you would know the full facts instead of criticising something you know nothing about.

                      Here is the link you can get it in paperback or kindle and for your benefit it has pictures so you wont be totally lost reading it

                      https://amzn.to/2CKnzqt

                      www.trevormarriott.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

                        Thats because they all sold out, in demand no need to give them away in a promotion

                        Maybe you should buy one then you would know the full facts instead of criticising something you know nothing about.

                        Here is the link you can get it in paperback or kindle and for your benefit it has pictures so you wont be totally lost reading it

                        https://amzn.to/2CKnzqt

                        www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        I think you're being unnecessarily nasty and childish in some of your comments Trevor. If you can't be civil, be quiet.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                          yup and yup. its one of my (minor) check marks against lech as the ripper. he dosnt really look like he fits the witness descriptions of a short stout man.or broad face and shoulders etc. he looks kind of tall and rangy to me.
                          His descendants include several people who weren't/aren't tall. I checked.

                          M.

                          Comment


                          • What is a real name.My wife,while alive,used my name on official occasions,and it was a different name to that on the wedding and baptism official documents.My Grandmother had four different names during her lifetime.How many times I wonder,depending on what we see written on these boards,did she lie or commit perjury?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                              yup and yup. its one of my (minor) check marks against lech as the ripper. he dosnt really look like he fits the witness descriptions of a short stout man.or broad face and shoulders etc. he looks kind of tall and rangy to me.
                              I don’t think the ‘clerkly’ (if there’s such a word) appearance as described by Marshall is a problem, though. In 1887, Lech’s family had been described as ‘v. decent’ and photos I’ve seen of the kids show them to have been well turned out. Did Lech manage that on his meagre Pickford’s salary? Or did he have another source of income?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by harry View Post
                                What is a real name.My wife,while alive,used my name on official occasions,and it was a different name to that on the wedding and baptism official documents.My Grandmother had four different names during her lifetime.How many times I wonder,depending on what we see written on these boards,did she lie or commit perjury?
                                My wife informally adopted her stepfather’s name from about the age of 4. When we married she raised the issue with the registrar and he suggested that both names should be recorded on the marriage cert.

                                Have a look at Kattrup’s excellent thread and see how in case after case both adopted and real names were revealed in court.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X