Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

imagine if Paul was never there.

Would Lechmere still have come forward as a witness?
    I see no reason why not. The carmen didn't know each other, either by sight or name, so Lechmere had no need to come forward later on account of Paul's presence at the scene. Indeed, it was Lechmere who made sure Paul didn't simply walk on by, but beckoned him over to where Nichols was lying. Totally normal behaviour, for anyone seeing what they thought was a tarpaulin in the street, then realising it was a woman who might need help.

Love,

Caz
    X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

No, it relates to the literal structuring of the letters within the written words themselves.

In summary...

My research on the letter was thus...

I highlighted every word that is either deliberately misspelled or has deliberate irregularities

I then wrote down every single indiviudal letter that is either missing or duplicated

I then discarded the duplicate letters,

I was then left with 6 random letters.

These letters form an anagram of the word CHRIST

The author of the letter is perhaps giving the reader a clue.

The letters C I R S H T are missing

Christ is absent FROM HELL

Religious elements perhaps?

As you can see, it's wafer thin and up for ridicule, hence why i haven't mentioned anything before

The author was either illiterate, suffering form MPD or extremely clever and eager to leave clues

TRD

Hostler was Lechmere’s neighbour in James Street in 1881, wasn’t he? By the time of the Nichols murder they had both moved elsewhere. So the clue you are referring to might be a reference to the occupation of one of Lechmere’s neighbours from as long as 7 years previously?

Attached Files
      Last edited by MrBarnett; 11-09-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Hostler was Lechmere’s neighbour in James Street in 1881, wasn’t he? By the time of the Nichols murder they had both moved elsewhere. So the clue you are referring to might be a reference to the occupation of one of Lechmere’s neighbours from as long as 7 years previously?

yes you are right in terms of the address change for Lechmere, but Hostler was still living at the same house throughout.

The reason why I believe the clue to be significant is based on my assumption (not evidence obviously) that whomever the ripper was, they would have committed crimes before Nichols.
        It’s statistically more likely that the killer didn’t go quickly from being a normal guy to becoming a serial killer, but rather that there was a gradual progression over time.

I just find the coincidence interesting; that Lechmere had lived next to Hostler right up until Lechmere moved a few weeks before the killing started.

they were long term neighbours right up until Lechmere moved shortly before the killings began. So technically you are right in that when Nichols was killed, Lechmere didn’t live next door to Hostler, but he had done so for many years before.

Please may I ask which murder that sketch represents? How fascinating that there’s a Ginger Beer cart right by that lamppost where the body was found.

is that an authentic newspaper sketch from the time? If so, how intriguing would it be if there was a Ginger Beer maker/seller there at the time.
        On that basis, it’s also fascinating that interns of serial killers, many choose to get involved with the cases and try to be present, ergo, the kind of killer who comes forward to help with the search party for a body he already knows has been buried.

Could be the ripper in that sketch right there! Haha
        "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

yes you are right in terms of the address change for Lechmere, but Hostler was still living at the same house throughout.

The reason why I believe the clue to be significant is based on my assumption (not evidence obviously) that whomever the ripper was, they would have committed crimes before Nichols.
          It’s statistically more likely that the killer didn’t go quickly from being a normal guy to becoming a serial killer, but rather that there was a gradual progression over time.

I just find the coincidence interesting; that Lechmere had lived next to Hostler right up until Lechmere moved a few weeks before the killing started.

they were long term neighbours right up until Lechmere moved shortly before the killings began. So technically you are right in that when Nichols was killed, Lechmere didn’t live next door to Hostler, but he had done so for many years before.

Please may I ask which murder that sketch represents? How fascinating that there’s a Ginger Beer cart right by that lamppost where the body was found.

is that an authentic newspaper sketch from the time? If so, how intriguing would it be if there was a Ginger Beer maker/seller there at the time.
          On that basis, it’s also fascinating that interns of serial killers, many choose to get involved with the cases and try to be present, ergo, the kind of killer who comes forward to help with the search party for a body he already knows has been buried.

Could be the ripper in that sketch right there! Haha
          It is a genuine press sketch of Castle Alley where Alice McKenzie was killed (not born!).

What is your source for saying that Hostler was still at the address in 1888?
          Last edited by MrBarnett; 11-09-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Booth’s 1887 survey shows 18, James Street as empty, but records a ginger beer shop and manufactory at no. 2.

Comment

Working...
            X