Lechmere and Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lechmere and Chapman

The debate on Annie Chapman’s TOD goes on but for the sake of this question I’ll assume that Phillips was correct and that Annie had been dead for at least 2 hours at 6.30.

If Annie was murdered at around 4.30 does that in any way affect Lechmere’s candidacy given that we know that, on the 31st of August, he was on his way to start work at 4 am?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    The debate on Annie Chapman’s TOD goes on but for the sake of this question I’ll assume that Phillips was correct and that Annie had been dead for at least 2 hours at 6.30.

If Annie was murdered at around 4.30 does that in any way affect Lechmere’s candidacy given that we know that, on the 31st of August, he was on his way to start work at 4 am?
    hi herlock
    it helps his candidacy, as it places her death closer to the time he would be traveling by to go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi herlock
      it helps his candidacy, as it places her death closer to the time he would be traveling by to go to work.
      Hi Abby,

If she’d been dead for 2 hours then Lechmere had been at work for half an hour.

If 2 1/4 hours he’d been at work for 15 mins.

If 2 1/2 hours he was just arriving at work.

If 2 3/4 hours then he’d either still being loaded or he was setting off.

All times after that he’s on his round. Was he likely to have pulled over and left his Pickford cart parked up loaded with meat (in an area where it would have been a massive temptation for any local thief) to go and kill and mutilate a prostitute?

If he had planned the kill then that would meant he’d have had to a spent time looking for one. On his timed work round?

If he’d just spotted Annie and decided to go for it that would surely have meant parking up his cart almost outside number 29.

I can’t see it to be honest.
      Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 10-01-2020, 03:36 PM.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Abby,

If she’d been dead for 2 hours then Lechmere had been at work for half an hour.

If 2 1/4 hours he’d been at work for 15 mins.

If 2 1/2 hours he was just arriving at work.

If 2 3/4 hours then he’d either still being loaded or he was setting off.
        Do we know if Lechmere was working that Saturday or if his shift had changed for any reason?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Do we know if Lechmere was working that Saturday or if his shift had changed for any reason?
          I think that pretty everyone worked on a Saturday but I don’t think that we know anything about shift changes.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I think that pretty everyone worked on a Saturday but I don’t think that we know anything about shift changes.
            There's no reason to think Lechmere wasn't working as normal. I just don't think the murderer struck on his way to work, especially when you consider Kelly. One thing all the canonical murders have in common is that they occurred at weekends, I don't think that is coincidence.

Comment

One of the stories from Cross conspiracy theorists is that he could have committed the murder whilst he was at work, parking his horse and cart outside.
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

Josh and I have posted the name of a published medical article showing research that due to TB Meningitis , a person's temperature has been recorded as low as 32 C.
                I know I've posted it on at least three or four times,twice recently on a current thread.

That is 5 C below average.

I understand why Fisherman point blank refuses to understand.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                  One of the stories from Cross conspiracy theorists is that he could have committed the murder whilst he was at work, parking his horse and cart outside.
                  This is not impossible, of course, but no-one reported seeing a horse and cart in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

This is not impossible, of course, but no-one reported seeing a horse and cart in the area.
                    Mrs Prater did -

"I went asleep, and was awake again at five a.m. I passed down the stairs, and saw some men harnessing horses."

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Josh and I have posted the name of a published medical article showing research that due to TB Meningitis , a person's temperature has been recorded as low as 32 C.
                      I know I've posted it on at least three or four times,twice recently on a current thread.

That is 5 C below average.

I understand why Fisherman point blank refuses to understand.
                      But haven’t you heard that Phillips was infallible Dave ?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Does anyone know if Pickford's carts would have had the company name on it at that time?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Sure did.
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

WRT Pickfords, the link
                            <https://unsolvedwhitechapel.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/a-info5.jpg?w=908>
                            shows an 1888 (allegedly) pickfords cart clearly labelled along its side and front.

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
                              WRT Pickfords, the link
                              <https://unsolvedwhitechapel.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/a-info5.jpg?w=908>
                              shows an 1888 (allegedly) pickfords cart clearly labelled along its side and front.
                              Hi Dupin,

Thanks for that but the link
                              isn't working.
                              Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 10-02-2020, 10:38 AM.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X