Catch me when you Can

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch me when you Can

In connection to possible suspect Charles Lechmere/Cross as being JTR, a thought, albeit a seemingly farfetched one: in the 'from hell'-letter (the only letter not bearing any resemblance to the other ones) the author signes off with the enigmatic 'Catch me when you Can'. Note that the Wikipedia-transcript writes the C's as capitals, and you'll observe that in the original the C's indeed appear to be somewhat larger than the other letters. Could it be a clue left by Cross in which he signes off with his actual inititals? Very curious as to what you Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-FromHellLetter.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	701669 think..

The biggest letters are the F in "From" and the M in "Mr" - Florence Maybrick? (Only kidding!) Then again, the L in the first "Lusk", the S in "Sor" and the "I" are just as big. All five are bigger than the Cs in "Catch me when you can".
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Haha, yeah I guess you're right. Me being a newcomer to the casebook ('cadet') this might not be the best possible first post. I just found it to be an interesting thought, especially since the "C's" come after 'signed', although it's quite farfetched, especially since the handwriting of the Lusk-letter doesn't match Lechmere's at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jurriaan Maessen View Post
        In connection to possible suspect Charles Lechmere/Cross as being JTR, a thought, albeit a seemingly farfetched one: in the 'from hell'-letter (the only letter not bearing any resemblance to the other ones) the author signes off with the enigmatic 'Catch me when you Can'. Note that the Wikipedia-transcript writes the C's as capitals, and you'll observe that in the original the C's indeed appear to be somewhat larger than the other letters. Could it be a clue left by Cross in which he signes off with his actual inititals? Very curious as to what you Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-FromHellLetter.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	701669 think..
        well I don't know about all that-but I would suggest a better way would be to see if lechs handwriting matches this (or dear boss for that matter.)
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
        X