• sorry

Hello Jason.

"It's just like Laurel and Hardy another fine mess"

I'm sorry, Olly. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
      Not me, but there are still a few copies gathering dust in my local bookstore.

Anyone heard what happened to Russell Edwards? Has he returned to his former career of selling black jelly beans?

Amanda
      He was in the Watford Observer the other day around the end of April

Comment

• Russell Edwards, author of Naming Jack the Ripper, was always led to believe there was nothing left of Leavesden Hospital - the place where alleged…

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
          Not me, but there are still a few copies gathering dust in my local bookstore.

Anyone heard what happened to Russell Edwards? Has he returned to his former career of selling black jelly beans?

Amanda
          No the jelly beans were only a side line the real money is in the jtr yoyos and the lip balm.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• It's interesting to see the quotation from Russell Edwards in that article:
            Mr Edwards disputed this saying: "The Jack the Ripper community don’t want this to ever be solved so what they’ve done is used the name of a scientist, who’s thrown doubt on the scientific work, and they ignored the fact we got a match.
            "But we can easily eliminate this. They’ve obfuscated the truth."

One wonders why he thinks members of the community tried to help him with his research in the first place, if they didn't want the case to be solved!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
              It's interesting to see the quotation from Russell Edwards in that article:
              Mr Edwards disputed this saying: "The Jack the Ripper community don’t want this to ever be solved so what they’ve done is used the name of a scientist, who’s thrown doubt on the scientific work, and they ignored the fact we got a match.
              "But we can easily eliminate this. They’ve obfuscated the truth."

One wonders why he thinks members of the community tried to help him with his research in the first place, if they didn't want the case to be solved!
              All I can say is there obviously isn't much going on in Watford if they can make a full page out of that!
              Amanda

Comment

• I'm just pleased that this shawl d.n.a business was never about the money but a genuine attempt to solve this unique case.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  I'm just pleased that this shawl d.n.a business was never about the money but a genuine attempt to solve this unique case.
                  Steady on, I've just spilled my coffee!!

Amanda

Comment

I'm just pleased that this shawl d.n.a business was never about the money but a genuine attempt to solve this unique case.
                    I agree, Russell Edwards clearly comes across as an altruistic seeker of the truth. Or maybe I've just slightly misread him and his intentions!
                    Last edited by John G; 05-07-2015, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                      I agree, Russell Edwards clearly comes across as an altruistic seeker of the truth. Or maybe I've just slightly misread him and his intentions!
                      Yes how dare people insinuate that Mr Edwards was purely after money he didn't solve the case but he certainly gave the jelly bean industry a much needed boost in these hard financial times

Comment

• The scientific community has never accepted a pop culture book as a scientific case in the first place. Its done through academic journals. If they don't reference the primary sources on this subject then its value is about as much as a blog.

Selling things by slapping science on it has been going on since magical oils where invented to cure all ills.

The fact is the books findings have never been presented scientifically as scientists do it, despite this avenue being available to them 24/7.
                        Last edited by Batman; 05-07-2015, 04:17 AM.
                        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• When you want to shout "case closed" you must make sure you have your facts right because lots of people will part with their money and buy your book and to take money of people knowing your facts are wrong or not checking your facts properly is wrong and is borderline to fraud.

Comment

When you want to shout "case closed" you must make sure you have your facts right because lots of people will part with their money and buy your book and to take money of people knowing your facts are wrong or not checking your facts properly is wrong and is borderline to fraud.
                            If you are in the business of making money, all you need to do is to shout "case closed" louder and louder to block the voice of reason trying to distract the paying public. And when you don't have the facts, there's always the good old personal attacks.

Comment

• I wonder how it is proposed that Russell Edwards would have planned to make money from his book? It was Dr L. who identified the DNA, which was either something he did honestly (albeit making a quite serious mistake) or was something he was paid to do, for which there is absolutely no evidence at all. In effect Edwards merely supplied the "apron" and then went along for the ride with whatever Dr L told him. It's hardly surprising that he might have seen £ signs when he got the results. who wouldn't. Oterise I am not sure how this book could have been perceived as a money-making enterprise before Dr L gave his verdict.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                                I wonder how it is proposed that Russell Edwards would have planned to make money from his book? It was Dr L. who identified the DNA, which was either something he did honestly (albeit making a quite serious mistake) or was something he was paid to do, for which there is absolutely no evidence at all. In effect Edwards merely supplied the "apron" and then went along for the ride with whatever Dr L told him. It's hardly surprising that he might have seen £ signs when he got the results. who wouldn't. Oterise I am not sure how this book could have been perceived as a money-making enterprise before Dr L gave his verdict.
                                I can't recall many authors who have opened a jack the ripper gift shop shortly before they have had their book published.

Comment

Working...
                                X