X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing the Depps

Hello Henry.

"and how his genuine interest in the case was sparked by the painstakingly accurate portrayal of the crimes in the highly intelligent Johnny Depp classic From Hell."

Ugh. Can't watch that without yelling at the screen.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
      Does anyone think there might be evidence in the book that at this point has not been revealed by the author or associates.

It book may well reveal that there tests associated with the D.N.A have been reproduced independently and verify the authors claims.

Also can anyone answer me this please.

When the table runner was previously examined for the Sickert investigation was any traces of semen found, or did the technology exist at that time to locate semen on the table runner.

If I was a author wanting to bring out a book naming a suspect ( Highly unlikely as I can,t post on here with the correct grammar) one thing I would consider is are my peers in this case the experts going to counteract my claims and if so with what.
      I would then back up my case with evidence to satisfy the doubters.

The author in this case in my opinion thought of all the ammunition to be fired back at him and kept his ace card up his sleeve, I.e not released the fact that secondary duplicate tests have already been done .

It is true he might know that he can,t verify anything and publish anyway .
      We havnt got problem with the science side of this it's the fact that there is absolutely no proof or evidence that the shawl/table runner was at the murder scene and that is a MASSIVE hurdle to over come.We have been here before twenty years ago when a diary was found in Liverpool but no one could decided where it was found .If the starting point of this story can't be proved then there is no story.Let me give you an example of a how to go about things properly stewart Evans came into the possession of an old letter from a high ranking police officer regarding a ripper suspect (Tumblety) as a result of this factual start stewart produced an excellent book and it was taken seriously .
      Last edited by pinkmoon; 09-08-2014, 04:12 PM.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
        That's fine, and I know what you mean. "...and pigs might fly" is quite a common response to someone who makes a suggestion that another might find unlikely or far fetched. There was no intention to be obnoxious, so, again, sorry if I offended you.

Its fine meaning doesn't come across well in posts haha thank you for apologising looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Comment

• scientific method

Hello Stewart.

"I hoped somehow to prove that it was genuine."

Isn't this at loggerheads with scientific method?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• claim

Hello Jason. Thanks.

Yet that was the claim.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Stewart.

"I hoped somehow to prove that it was genuine."

Isn't this at loggerheads with scientific method?

Cheers.
              LC
              G'day Lynn

Get real!

What an Oxymoron scientific method and what has been revealed.

Next you'll take exception to his starting from the premise that it was Kosminski.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• jest

Hello Stewart. Thanks.

Yes, I know. I was in jest.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Hello all,

I have just realised something which may or may not have been mentioned- apologies for not reading every post....

As we have a detailed sketch of Eddowes body in situ- which clearly does NOT show her wearing nor lying near an 8ft piece of material- Amos would have to have stolen said piece before the arrival of the man who made the sketch.

Now- before that we have two doctors examinig the body- surrounded by policemen attending the crime and others both in the square and guarding every entrance and exit.

So we now have to believe that IF Eddowes was wearing the material Amos moved the body in able to get it out from under her or picked up a very visible bundle of material from next to her without anybody raising an eyebrow- busy doctors included.

It also means that he MUST have crossed out of N division at the time of or very shortly after the murder that he was yet to know about.

This Amos fellow is psychic as well as being a deft magician /pickpocket.

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    G'day Lynn
                    Next you'll take exception to his starting from the premise that it was Kosminski.
                    But shouldn't ripperology in 2014 accept he obvious?

Kosminski is the last and only suspect

Why else would these fellows use a fake Shawl?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Ugh. Can't watch that without yelling at the screen.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Lynn, I know what you mean - watching that film is like taking a fork in the eye. But it could've been even worse. Imagine. Keanu Reeves as Abberline, uncovering Vincent Van Gogh as JtR.

Comment

• nyet

Hello Paul G.

"Does anyone think there might be evidence in the book that at this point has not been revealed by the author or associates."

No.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Hi all,
                          In the Independant article, it stated that the scientist's who conducted the tests have not yet published their findings in any scientific journals.
                          This seemed not to be the norm, amd raised a few eyebrows.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                            Hello all,

I have just realised something which may or may not have been mentioned- apologies for not reading every post....

As we have a detailed sketch of Eddowes body in situ- which clearly does NOT show her wearing nor lying near an 8ft piece of material- Amos would have to have stolen said piece before the arrival of the man who made the sketch.

Now- before that we have two doctors examinig the body- surrounded by policemen attending the crime and others both in the square and guarding every entrance and exit.

So we now have to believe that IF Eddowes was wearing the material Amos moved the body in able to get it out from under her or picked up a very visible bundle of material from next to her without anybody raising an eyebrow- busy doctors included.

It also means that he MUST have crossed out of N division at the time of or very shortly after the murder that he was yet to know about.

This Amos fellow is psychic as well as being a deft magician /pickpocket.

Phil
                            No Phil wake up! We don't have to think about any off this stuff because the Shawl, if it were a shawl is actually Edwardian..that should say everything should it not?

J

Comment

• information

Hello Jeff. Get real? The information came from YOU. Were you mistaken about the date?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                                Hi all,
                                In the Independant article, it stated that the scientist's who conducted the tests have not yet published their findings in any scientific journals.
                                This seemed not to be the norm, amd raised a few eyebrows.

Regards
                                "Not to be the norm"

Understatement of the day.

And using a newly developed technique that appears to never have been subject to peer review.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X