This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cont'd

'Lavender could not identify her face: most of her features had been sliced away by the killer. But he was eager to help - he had given evidence in a murder trial before, and was aware of the respectability an immigrant businessman could gain by helping the authorities.
    Examining Eddowes's clothes, he confirmed this was the woman he had seen a few hours earlier. It would be months afterwards that Lavender was summoned to identify a man under guard at the Convalescent Police Seaside Home at Clarendon Villas, Brighton.'

Who invents this stuff?
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
      Well call me stupid but perhaps Swanson got his information from all the bloody files that no longer exist given that he was the copper in charge to the entire case…

So anything Swanson says, given that he is the most credible copper involved and his police record was impeccable…suggests the obvious

'Kosminksi was the Suspect'

Yours Jeff
      All Swanson was saying was, Anderson's suspect was Kozminski.
      Swanson doesn't share his own thoughts on the matter.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi All,

DNA.

National Association of Dyslexics.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hi,
          During a visit to the JTR exhibition at docklands a few years back, I purchased a dvd called "unmasking JTR " featuring Paul Begg.
          As I recall, it seemed to favour Kosminski as JTR and I am sure their was a woman descendent being interviewed....am I correct ? If so can someone remind me who exactky she was.

Regards.

PS. On the topic of the shop selling naff jtr related tatt, Im sure the dockland exhibition had a fair share to sell as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Hi All,

DNA.

National Association of Dyslexics.

Regards,

Simon
            I thought it ment Definitely.Not.Aaron.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Cont'd

It continues -

'But seven years ago, ardent Ripper investigator Russell Edwards, 48, purchased a shawl rumoured to have been taken from Eddowes's body and stained with blood, in the distinctive spatter pattern of gore from a slashed artery. He subjected it to DNA analysis, matching the blood to samples from Eddowes's descendants.
              This was positive proof that the shawl really had been found on her corpse...'
              SPE

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                Beyond reasonable doubt!

I am not anti kominsky I have no opinion on who J T R was , maybe a opinion on who he was,nt.

I hope the author or scientific community come up with some evidence that proves there theory as I am one who would like to know before I depart the planet.

But in the words of someone. I see your no nearer to catching me yet.
                Hi Paul

Of douse the current claims are absurd as the Dinning room table clothe runner wasn't even printed until several years after the murder of Catrine Eddows..

But the case for Aron Kosminski being Jack the Ripper is incontrovertible. Note that the usual experts don't suddenly jump to the gun and deny this FACT, Aron Kosminski is the 'ONLY CREDIBLE' Jack the Ripper suspect.

THis is probably why the person who bought the fake shawl or table runner decided to use the Kosminski case..

But Aron Kosminski was identified as a ripper suspect. Almost certainly at an ID involving Schwaltz… This is because Schwaltz had a good view of Liz Strides killer .

Aron had lived at Dutfield Yard as a child giving him a bizarre grievance against Stride on the night in question..but also an escape bolt hole around the corner with his brother..

Let them all wing…Aron Kosminski is, as I have always stated, the only credible Jack the Ripper Suspect

And here we are

Yours jeff
                Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 09-08-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                  It continues -

'But seven years ago, ardent Ripper investigator Russell Edwards, 48, purchased a shawl rumoured to have been taken from Eddowes's body and stained with blood, in the distinctive spatter pattern of gore from a slashed artery. He subjected it to DNA analysis, matching the blood to samples from Eddowes's descendants.
                  This was positive proof that the shawl really had been found on her corpse...'
                  But its not a Shawl its an 'Edwardian Table Runner'

Wear do we get Shawl from?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• My first post so please be gentle if I am wrong but I don't understand why people keep saying the DNA profile fits 400,000 people.

I'm no numberologist but, as I understand it, the article claims that only 1 in 400,000 people would have that profile.

If that's correct and the population was 40 million at that time then only 100 people in the country would have matched.

With DNA matches from both the suspect and the victim with the same odds of 400,000 to 1 this would be compelling evidence that both came in contact with the cloth.

To my mind the issue isn't in the potential number of matches. It's that there's no proof both sets of DNA were on the cloth in 1888.

Comment

• Breakthrough

'The crucial breakthrough came when Edwards's team discovered semen stains on the shawl. After tracking down a descendant of Kosminski's family, a 100 per cent DNA match was established. Twenty-first-century science had done what 19th-century policework could not - and proven the Ripper's identity.'
                      SPE

Comment

• got it wrong

Hello Christer.

"But if so, he got the haplogroup wrong, as far as I can tell."

And a good bit more.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• NO…you all have me confused…

There is no Shawl… It don't exist

What we have…if we have ..anything

Is a table runner that is 8 metres in length and only 2 metres wide

THe daisy pattern suggest it was printed in 1902-04

So how do you all come by a 1888 date

Or have I just missed something?

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
                            'Lavender could not identify her face: most of her features had been sliced away by the killer. But he was eager to help - he had given evidence in a murder trial before, and was aware of the respectability an immigrant businessman could gain by helping the authorities.
                            Examining Eddowes's clothes, he confirmed this was the woman he had seen a few hours earlier. It would be months afterwards that Lavender was summoned to identify a man under guard at the Convalescent Police Seaside Home at Clarendon Villas, Brighton.'

Who invents this stuff?
                            This is why we can't have nice things.
                            Brian W. Schoeneman, Esq.
                            Fairfax, VA
                            Casebook Member Since 2002

Comment

• cuppa

Hello Rob. Thanks for posting that.

Perhaps Simpson just popped round for a cuppa with Ed Watkins? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Interesting to see

It's interesting to see how they interpret the 'Swanson marginalia' phrase - 'In a very short time the suspect with his hands tied behind his back he was sent to Stepney Workhouse...'

The article states, 'His hands were tied behind his back, to prevent him from abusing himself.'
                                SPE

Comment

Working...
                                X