This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

Let's listen what the experts have to say, and then we'll be better served to pass comment.

Agreed. Until this thing is peer reviews to some degree, I think it's best approached with a heavy dose of skepticism. Usually when someone is spouting on with slogans like "Case Solved", "Ripper Unmasked", and "100% certaintly", alarm bells should sound.

I will say this, though. I've perviously not taken the Simpson Shawl seriously. To me, it seems an obvious fraud based on wishful thinking by the family. However, if we get some reasonable consensus that DNA was handled correctly, proper procedures were followed, etc., and that the match to Kosminski is valid (though not to the wishful 100% stated in the article), then I think you are dealing with a pretty hard case to argue overcome.

Comment

• A pre-1887 map showing the location of N Division.
      As you can see there was another Division (G) between it and the City of London.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mpd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	665651

Rob

Comment

• And from the Police Orders 1889.

Click image for larger version

Name:	N Division 1889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	665652

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by roughyed View Post
          But there was a soldier!!
          Not necessarily…A policeman simply spoke to a soldier waiting for a friend sometime before Martha Tabram's Murder. So no tossing seaman?

Your Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
            It shall be interesting to know if there was any Simpson Mt DNA found upon the 'shawl'.

If no, why?, considering the family claims.

If so, accepting logical conclusion, however, we have two contemporary suspects, and the case remains open.

Also be interesting to learn if any of the other victims DNA has been sought, and likewise, any other suspects.

Mr Edwards conclusions are premature.

Monty
            Can we abandon the word Shawl Monty…its an 'Edwardian Table Runner'

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Can we abandon Kosminski was the ripper while we are at? I mean, it's not very likely is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                Hello bladen7273,

Was Kosminski "The Chosen One" ????

best wishes

Phil
                Most probably but not because of the Shawl or any DNA tests.

Incidendly this story was broadcast on Radio 4 tonight with a quote from Don Rumblow..

It appears the BBC are taking it very seriously indeed…

Up to their usual current standard of Journalism which appears to have gone to pot lately

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                  Can we abandon Kosminski was the ripper while we are at? I mean, it's not very likely is it?
                  Yes it is..

Comment

• Observer, I agree absolutely. Apart from the genuinely informative posts like Rob Clack's above, and Fisherman's remarkably interesting genetic discoveries, we're just idly speculating. I had begun to tire of doing so in any case!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post

Yours Jeff
                      I don't think we can Jeff.

1 That's not been ascertained. It would be misleading as stating Kosminski is Jack the Ripper.

2 I cannot be bothered to continuously write Edwardian Table Runner.

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                        Can we abandon Kosminski was the ripper while we are at? I mean, it's not very likely is it?
                        What makes it unlikely, in your opinion, if I might ask?

Also, I will just say that I can confirm that there is a valid matrilineal connection between Matilda Lubnowski-Cohen and the woman who gave a DNA sample.

RH

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                          As we're not certain about what it was, can we call it the 'unshawl'?

Comment

• Hi guys,

I said today I thought it was a table runner. Having seen so many of them at auction. I said it was Victorian..but it's been stated as being Edwardian,which ties in with the dates Lynn Cates gave for it earlier.

If this is so,there is no way it can have any connection to Kate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              I don't think we can Jeff.

1 That's not been ascertained. It would be misleading as stating Kosminski is Jack the Ripper.

2 I cannot be bothered to continuously write Edwardian Table Runner.

Monty
                              Hello Monty,

The PC's (AS) ETA at MS to steal said ETR has yet 2B asc.nd. If AK is the orig owner of said ETR does that mean it was JTR's ETR orig?

Nope...foreshortening doesn't help either!

:-)

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                              Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post

Also, I will just say that I can confirm that there is a valid matrilineal connection between Matilda Lubnowski-Cohen and the woman who gave a DNA sample.

RH
                                Many thanks for clarifying Rob.

Monty
                                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                                X