This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    What I disliked was the construction that the murders were quite rare, and since Kos suffered a quite rare illness ...

That is not enough to make any sort of connection at all. Itīs linguistically deceptive, but thatīs about all it amounts to.

The best,
    Fisherman
    Hi Fish

Please note I'm not coming to this from the angle 'other compatible crimes were the result of psychosis possibly schizophrenia'

I'm look at what Anderson and Swanson say…

And at first glance Aaron doesn't look violent or like a typical paranoid serial killer. A point obviously noted by Martin Fido (Incidently one of my great heroes) He was looking for a very different and violent type of killer.

That's because perceived psychological wisdom back in the 1980's was that that was what he should be looking for..

I'm just saying that perhaps thats wrong because if the killer was suffering a form of hebephrenic schizophrenia in the very early stages… Then we would be looking at someone who was later, not only harmless but also unable to commit further murders.

So i'm looking at what is known and asking could Aaron fit… And I think that possible. I'm not equating Aaron condition is rare with Jack the Ripper is rare.. Although I think both statements would be true..

Even Trevor Marriot seems to accept the rarity of Jack the Ripper. He just concludes the murders were by different people. But given the rarity of mutilation murder in London 1888 per ce…I'd argue the opposite

Many thanks

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      None of this is true because the shawl couldn't have been at any of the murder sites.
      Hi pinkmoon,

Please tell us why? Has it something to do with one of the model dinosaurs decorating the little park around the Crystal Palace?

Carol

P.S. Thought it was about time someone answered all your little posts. I guess everyone else thinks you're joking, but I know you wouldn't do that. Anyone who believes in the Loch Ness Monster has my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Yes, this was ALL a fool's errand--the shawl lacks a believable provenance.
        Yup.

It's all over, red rover.
        ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Dr Mabuse

"On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mabuse View Post
          Anecdotal evidence is not worth much.
          M.
          Unfortunely you are dealing with a case where its largely all we have. Newspaper reports etc

Thats because most of the official records were destroyed.

We don't have detailed medical records for Aaron. Just asylum reports largely on his physical health.

Thats why what we have from Anderson and Cohen, is what we have.

And that suggested Aaron Masturbated. We don't know to what extent but clearly it seemed significant enough to them to raise it for some reason.

I'm agreed this is unusual but thats what we have...I'll leave it at that..

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
            Thought you might like to see this:

[ATTACH]16293[/ATTACH]

'Ladies' magazine of 1801 - Victoria & Albert Museum no. E. 249-1955

Carol
            Hi everyone,

Here's another similar shawl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Vintage Traveler.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	665716

'The Vintage Traveler' - Early 19th century white embroidered mull, possibly American. The shawl is c 1920, 1940 English silk. Mint Museum, Charlotte, NC.

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mabuse View Post
              Yup.

It's all over, red rover.
              Trouble is - if it is, how do we get that into the world's press, so everyone demands their money back?
              Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                Hi Fish

Please note I'm not coming to this from the angle 'other compatible crimes were the result of psychosis possibly schizophrenia'

And at first glance Aaron doesn't look violent or like a typical paranoid serial killer. A point obviously noted by Martin Fido (Incidently one of my great heroes) He was looking for a very different and violent type of killer.

That's because perceived psychological wisdom back in the 1980's was that that was what he should be looking for..

I'm just saying that perhaps thats wrong because if the killer was suffering a form of hebephrenic schizophrenia in the very early stages… Then we would be looking at someone who was later, not only harmless but also unable to commit further murders.

So i'm looking at what is known and asking could Aaron fit… And I think that possible. I'm not equating Aaron condition is rare with Jack the Ripper is rare.. Although I think both statements would be true..

Even Trevor Marriot seems to accept the rarity of Jack the Ripper. He just concludes the murders were by different people. But given the rarity of mutilation murder in London 1888 per ce…I'd argue the opposite

Many thanks

Jeff
                Itīs good to hear that you are not proposing that suffering rare mental conditions automatically makes people become rare serial killers.

As for Kosminski possibly being the killer, I cannot rule it out totally - but I think that he is a very bad bid, going by what we know of his mental disease. It points away from him, not towards him.

Anderson and Swanson; well other people involved in the investigation said no. Emphatically. Andersons successor said no, albeit less emphatically. And he still suffered from the misinformation that Kosminski was a crafty maniac, a homicidal madman with a great hatred for prostitutes.

So how should we fit the diminutive, meek Aaron Kosminski into that role...? Well, obviously by suggesting that he could have been all those things earlier in his life.

And then we complete the circle by saying that Anderson suggested this, as did MacNaghten. And we look away from the known fact that the police searched the asylums since they had come to accept that they were dealing with a madman, half man half beast, as the press would have it.

Somebody said before that we should not paint the concentric rings of a shooting target around where the arrow has landed. I think that was exactly what Anderson did.

We should not follow suit.

All the best,
                Fisherman

Comment

So how should we fit the diminutive, meek Aaron Kosminski into that role...? Well, obviously by suggesting that he could have been all those things earlier in his life.
                  Well thats the only way you could square it off..

And thats not without good reason. I spent some time talking and going over the early on set of schizophrenia. Aaron at 22 years of age would be fairly typical. Possibly high achiever. Disrupted background.

But certainly early episodes I was described would fit an 12-18 week pattern

And that is coincidently the length of the autumn of Terror

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  And then we complete the circle by saying that Anderson suggested this, as did MacNaghten. And we look away from the known fact that the police searched the asylums since they had come to accept that they were dealing with a madman, half man half beast, as the press would have it.

Somebody said before that we should not paint the concentric rings of a shooting target around where the arrow has landed. I think that was exactly what Anderson did. We should not follow suit.

All the best,
                  Fisherman
                  Ah yes we are back to Sir Robert Anderson

'Undiscovered crimes in London are rare, and the Jack the Ripper crimes are not within that category'

I guess we'll just have to differ on our conclusions on Sir Robert

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                    Hi Fish

Many thanks

Jeff
                    Jeff
                    Let me qualify what I said. I believe that Nichols Chapman and Eddowes are the most likely to have been the work of the same killer. They are the three that have the most significant and identifying features and characteristics.

Apologies for going off topic

Comment

• Jeff Leahy:

Well thats the only way you could square it off..

... so thatīs how we are gonna do it?

And thats not without good reason. I spent some time talking and going over the early on set of schizophrenia. Aaron at 22 years of age would be fairly typical. Possibly high achiever. Disrupted background.

Possibly high achiever? Aha. And possibly not? It doesīnt work for me, Jeff. Why would we shoehorn in things in one end and then conveniently look away from the non-correlation between his symptoms and what the Ripper did in the other end.

But certainly early episodes I was described would fit an 12-18 week pattern

And that is coincidently the length of the autumn of Terror

Which in itīs turn is a chosen line of victims. How does it fit with Bonds contentions, fitting MacKenzie in, for example? Itīs fitting the target to the arrow again!

Ah yes we are back to Sir Robert Anderson

'Undiscovered crimes in London are rare, and the Jack the Ripper crimes are not within that category'

I guess we'll just have to differ on our conclusions on Sir Robert

Well, Jeff, I wonīt be the one to tear up that. If you do your bit, I most certainly will do mine!

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Jeff
                        I have seen to many comparisons being made on here between JTR and modern day serial killers which I think is wrong.

Where do modern day serial killers get their motives and ideas about mutilation and cannibalism from, other killers that have preceded them and what they did to their victims etc.

JTR did not have the benefit of that did he that is why we must seriously question all that he is supposed to have done in connection with these murders. When you do that there is a clear case to dispute what he is supposed to have done to the victims and more importantly there is a case to suggest one killer was not responsible for all the murders.

I have not come across any murders before JTR where a victim had their organs surgically removed in the street in a short period of time. But there a more modern recent cases when this happened so were did the more recent killers get their motives and ideas from JTR perhaps?

This man JTR has a lot to answer for !
                        I didn't realise you were knowledgeable about serial killers in Eastern Europe, who, if Kosminski was the murderer, were the people who would have influenced him, assuming one accepts that serial killers learn from the serial killers who went before them. Anyway, I would have thought that Eastern Europe, with their traditions of vampires and werewolves, would have furnished lots of examples of Ripper-like serial killings.

Comment

My brother is 172 centimeters tall and weighs around 70 kilos. I am 193 centimeters and weigh around 110 kilos.

Close relatives are not moulded to the same shape or size, Jeff. 48 kilograms and fair bodily health points much more to a small, slender man than to a strong, stocky guy. And that does not take his cousin into account - since it really should not.

All the best,
                          Fisherman
                          Hey Christer

This proves nothing, but may be suggestive.

Aaron's brother, Woolf, had three sons with WWI records. Two of them give their height and build:

Harry - 5ft 2" Expanded chest 32"

Joseph - 5ft 3.75" Expanded chest 34 inches

Little, quite slender blokes.

Was Aaron like this?
                          Attached Files
                          Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
                            Hey Christer

This proves nothing, but may be suggestive.

Aaron's brother, Woolf, had three sons with WWI records. Two of them give their height and build:

Harry - 5ft 2" Expanded chest 32"

Joseph - 5ft 3.75" Expanded chest 34 inches

Little, quite slender blokes.

Was Aaron like this?
                            Woolf Abrahams was not Aaron's brother, Woolf was married to Aaron's sister

Cheers
                            Wolfie

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
                              Woolf Abrahams was not Aaron's brother, Woolf was married to Aaron's sister

Cheers
                              Wolfie
                              I thought we'd been through this Wolfie. That's what I thought too, but was quickly corrected by others. In any event, these people are Aaron's nephews.
                              Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
                                I thought we'd been through this Wolfie. That's what I thought too, but was quickly corrected by others. In any event, these people are Aaron's nephews.
                                He had other brothers, another one was Isaac.. Betsys maiden name was Kosminski.
                                Only one brother was acknowledged on his burial stone. The other was possibly dead by 1919

Comment

Working...
                                X