This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dropzone View Post
    But Aaron wasn't the charming Ted Bundy sort of nut. He was the kind that eats from the gutter and masturbates in public. A very different breed.
    And it's possible the ripper could be this kind of nut. But would Koz have the skills necessary to remove the organs in the dark in such a short time frame?

Comment

• I see the objections I raise, as usual, are not dealt with by the pro-Kosminskites, but then hiow they could be--not without the theory collapsing.

He wasn't dead and the Chief Constable new this.

I am hardly the first to argue that the Kosminski-as-Ripper theory defies commone sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by dropzone View Post
        But Aaron wasn't the charming Ted Bundy sort of nut. He was the kind that eats from the gutter and masturbates in public. A very different breed.
        That was the picture I always had as well, but it's a little more complicated than that isn't it? Do we know he masturbated in public? Or did he just get busted by his sister or brother-in-law a couple of times? And even the eating from the gutter -- did he do this all the time? It makes it sound like he was drooling idiot crawling around in the gutter all time, but we don't know do we? Was it an isolated thing during one of his spells? Apparently he believed he was being poisoned so this is more like a tin foil hat paranoia thing that made him go dumpster-diving it sounds like. Like drinking out of the bird bath because you think the tap water is poisoned with fluoride.

I'm not saying I'm convinced that Kos is the man, because I'm certainly not. But I do think that many people, myself included, have often overlooked him due to this exaggerated picture of his mental problems and I think Rob has done a great job of demonstrating that. He deserves more consideration than he often gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post
          Theagenes, Here is a case in point for what I was just talking about.

RH

Yes Rob, but when they are known to be dangerous, are they put in a low-security institution? What do we know about Leavesden? Did they beef up security by the time Kosminski was there?

If not, it says to me, that someone didn't really think Kosminski was dangerous. Personally, I've no idea whether he was or not. I shall read your book.
          Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
            Yes the splatter is very significant. Why woulnd't it be published in the book?
            Because until this week all the Ripperologists had turned their nose at it and dismissed it years ago. Most still are dismissing it, because otherwise that would have to admit they were wrong. It doesn't appear on the Sacred List of Victim Accessories you see, therefore it never existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
              Yes Rob, but when they are known to be dangerous, are they put in a low-security institution? What do we know about Leavesden? Did they beef up security by the time Kosminski was there?

If not, it says to me, that someone didn't really think Kosminski was dangerous. Personally, I've no idea whether he was or not. I shall read your book.
              I do think this is problem with Kosminski, While he may have appeared docile once confined, if the Met police knew he was the killer, you think they would have gotten rid of him quietly. Could he have been lobotomized, chemically or physically?

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• Could someone well versed in Kosminski explain the story behind the masturbation, eating from the gutter, and paranoia about being poisoned?

Comment

He was listed as "Not Dangerous" on a "Statement of Particulars" at the time of his entry to Colney Hatch. This was a form, and the question was probably asked of whoever brought him there, which means, in all likelihood his brother Woolf. In other words, Woolf was asked "Is your brother dangerous?" to which he replied "No." The asylum, in all likelihood, had no idea he was dangerous. Or no more than other patients they had. Even at Leavesden there were dangerous inmates. And let's not forget that he threatened to attack his own sister with a knife, and threw a chair at an asylum attendant. And that, according to Macnaghten, he had "strong homicidal tendencies." And, as has been pointed out, many serial killers are model inmates, quite, docile etc.

RH

Comment

• Originally posted by Theagenes View Post
                      Because until this week all the Ripperologists had turned their nose at it and dismissed it years ago. Most still are dismissing it, because otherwise that would have to admit they were wrong. It doesn't appear on the Sacred List of Victim Accessories you see, therefore it never existed.
                      Right but a new book based solely on the shawl should contain detailed photographs of the blood spatter

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        G'day Theagenes

I speculated on this earlier, maybe at some time Kos was the John, if Kate was a Pro.

See the DNA [even if 100% right] does NOT prove he was the murderer.
                        No it doesn't. Just makes him the most likely suspect by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                          Right but a new book based solely on the shawl should contain detailed photographs of the blood spatter
                          You would think wouldn't you? I certainly haven't heard of one in Edwards book.

Comment

there are a lot more reasons why people say it "never existed"

Comment

What the police (or Anderson) "knew" is not really the issue. Kozminski was not charged with a crime. Legally speaking he was innocent, and would have been treated like any other inmate. If the police went to extraordinary (and extralegal) measures to have Kozminski "taken care of" somehow, I certainly do not know. But as I have written before, IF they did, it certainly would have been kept very quiet.

Keep in mind also, that the majority of Kozminski's asylum records are missing, probably destroyed or discarded. We have his Colney Hatch entries, then a 16 year gap where we know nothing.

RH

Comment

No it doesn't. Just makes him the most likely suspect by far.
                                In looking back over past comments on this board--it seems the most common reason for dismissing AK out of hand was that he "was so obviously crazy that he would not have been able to get a prostitute to go into a dark corner with him".

If his DNA is confirmed--I'm sure the theory will amend to be that he "was just a John".

Comment

Working...
                                X