This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
    I am sure that every author would claims to be in the majority, who wish to share and expand, yet most on the boards are now condemning Edwards and assuming he is in it only for the money.
    I condemn Edwards not for his book, but rather his tacky merchandise in his shop, the fact you can have your photo taken with a Jack the Ripper mannequin for a few bob, thats what doesnt sit right with me.

Now that is not about educating, thats pure profiteering.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hi Paul

I gather that you have had a tough year and been most unwell at times.

I'd just like to say how wonderful it is to have you back sounding so well, so informed and as brilliant a ripperolist as has ever existed.

The boards sparkle when your posts appear.

Great to have you back

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        You actually admit that the only jack the Ripper book you have read from cover to cover is your own! You're actually admitting that?

Amazing.
        You have no sense of humour have you?

and when someone hits a nerve you resort to your age old trick of personal insults and discreditation but you carry on if it makes you happy water off a ducks back to me.
        Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-13-2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
          Hi Paul

I gather that you have had a tough year and been most unwell at times.

I'd just like to say how wonderful it is to have you back sounding so well, so informed and as brilliant a ripperolist as has ever existed.

The boards sparkle when your posts appear.

Great to have you back

Yours Jeff
          So says Paul Beggs love child

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            So says Paul Beggs love child
            Actually Trevor it is great admiration for someone I understand has had a very difficult year health wise. It's great to see him back bristling with his wonderful sense of wit and sarcasm.

Having had the opportunity of speaking to Russell Edwards this week he sang the praises of one man for what he is doing, and I'm sure many people here who have spent time with Paul Begg will say the same.

There is no single human being who has contributed so much to this particular field. So why I really don't and have never given a damn what people think about me…I sure as hell do give a damn when people start knocking Paul.

Yours Jeff
            Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 09-13-2014, 04:39 AM. Reason: speling errors

Comment

• So we've solved one mystery. How many posts in a thread before it devolves almost exclusively into insults and name calling? Around 2,000.

Comment

• Mortuary Location?

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                Talking of the mortuary inventory: can someone tell me precisely where Golden lane mortuary was? Was it located on Golden Lane near the current Barbican complex?
                Henry,
                That programme I remembered recording was on Discovery Channel about 4years ago - titled (unsurprisingly) "Jack The Ripper: Killer Revealed" by a historian/ripperologist named Mei Trow.
                He proposes Thomas Mann, mortuary attendant, as the culprit and applies modern techniques to back up this conclusion.
                Whether his theories and analysis regarding JtR's identity are up to scratch, I am not knowledgeable enough in the subject to say - (they may well have been demolished by now through this forum) - but I found it interesting anyway, though not enough to dispel my open mind on the matter.
                btw - not a shred of DNA evidence in sight, you may be glad to hear!

Comment

You have no sense of humour have you?

and when someone hits a nerve you resort to your age old trick of personal insults and discreditation but you carry on if it makes you happy water off a ducks back to me.
                  I have a highly attuned sense of humour, thank you.

And I never insult anyone unless they insult me first, as you have done several times.

But the point is that your little whimsey - and thank you for the information about the DVD - doesn't answer what is quite an important question: to put it bluntly, you have been shouting your mouth off about this book, but you haven't read it. You have no idea what it contains. You don't know whether it addresses your questions or not. And it's not the first time you have done this.

So asking you if you have read the book is giving you the opportunity to correct the received impression that you are arguing from a position of ignorance. You have avoided answering the question.

You have also been asked if you have ever read any Jack the Ripper book from cover to cover. You attempted to slip past that direct question with a little jest, which I appreciate for what it is, a jest and avoidance. People aren't convinced that you've read any Ripper book. To be honest, people aren't convinced you've done any real research. So, which Ripper books have you read from cover to cover?

And it's a pity you haven't read Russell Edwards's book because if you had then you would be able to ask questions and make observations from a position of knowledge and draw upon your career as a policeman to ask questions or make observations that just might progress discussion and promote understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                    So we've solved one mystery. How many posts in a thread before it devolves almost exclusively into insults and name calling? Around 2,000.
                    About that, but sometimes considerably less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Some more to chew on: here we make the aquaintance of the T1a1a1 group, representative of the Middle East, Western Europe and Ashkenazi Jews. There is also group T1a1a2, representative of Syria and Ashkenazi Jews.
                      Those would perhaps have been the groups to expect when dealing with Aaron Kosminski.

T1a1 is instead representative of Northern Anatolia and Germany (the people in that last post of mine were Germans).

The plot thickens:

This phylogenetic tree of haplogroup subclades is based on the 2012 ISOGG Tree.

T (L445, L452, L455/PF5670, PR4091, L810, M184/Page34/USP9Y+3178, M272/PF5667, Page129) Found in Armenia and Northwest Europe. Also found in a South Australia European sample and a Palestinian individual.

T1 (L206, L490, M193) Found in Syria.

T1a (M70/Page46/PF5662, PAGES78) Found in Iran.

T1a1 (L162/Page21, L299, L453/PF5617, L454) Found in northern Anatolia and Germany.

T1a1a (L208/Page2, L905) Mostly found in western Europe, eastern Anatolia, Iran, Arabian Peninusla, Upper Egypt and Horn of Africa. Some spots in western Morocco, Sahrawis and Canarias.

T1a1a1 (P77) Mostly found in Middle East, western Europe and Ashkenazi Jews.

T1a1a2 (P321) Found in Syria and Ashkenazi Jews.

T1a1a2a (P317) Found in Syria and Italian Jews.

T1a2 (L131) Mostly found in northern Europe, eastern Europe, southeastern Europe and Anatolia. Also found in Xinjiang, Lemba, Tunisia, south and east Iberian Peninsula.

T1a2a (P322, P328) Found in Scandinavia, Denmark, Germany and Netherlands. Some spots in Yemenite Jews and Palestine(P327).

T1a2b (L446) Found in Northwest Europe and eastern Alps.

T1a3 (L1255) Found in Kuwait.

The best,
                      Fisherman
                      googling away
                      I found these statistics which are interesting if the dna cited relates to this Jewish group

It is estimated that in the 11th century Ashkenazi Jews composed only three percent of the world's Jewish population, while at their peak in 1931 they accounted for 92 percent of the world's Jews. Immediately prior to the Holocaust, the number of Jews in the world stood at approximately 16.7 million,

Comment

I found these statistics which are interesting if the dna cited relates to this Jewish group

It is estimated that in the 11th century Ashkenazi Jews composed only three percent of the world's Jewish population, while at their peak in 1931 they accounted for 92 percent of the world's Jews. Immediately prior to the Holocaust, the number of Jews in the world stood at approximately 16.7 million,
                        If you have read the entire thread, Trevor, you will know that this table does NOT relate to mtDNA but instead to genomic DNA!

There is, however, some confusion attaching to what Edwards and Louheainen say, respectively, so who knows - the table may come in handy just the same!

The best,
                        Fisherman
                        Last edited by Fisherman; 09-13-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Obviously you are unaware that a more complete DNA profile for AK was obtained. Haven't read the book, listened to the scientist, or paid attention to the multiple people in this thread who have tried to explain that to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajcol View Post
                            Henry,
                            That programme I remembered recording was on Discovery Channel about 4years ago - titled (unsurprisingly) "Jack The Ripper: Killer Revealed" by a historian/ripperologist named Mei Trow.
                            He proposes Thomas Mann, mortuary attendant, as the culprit and applies modern techniques to back up this conclusion.
                            Whether his theories and analysis regarding JtR's identity are up to scratch, I am not knowledgeable enough in the subject to say - (they may well have been demolished by now through this forum) - but I found it interesting anyway, though not enough to dispel my open mind on the matter.
                            btw - not a shred of DNA evidence in sight, you may be glad to hear!
                            Mei Trow gave a lecture at conference a few years back. Really charming man with interesting things to say. And the program expounds the idea that Thomas Mann a Mortuary Technician might have been the killer. I don't however recall any DNA or modern forensics being involved and his theory largely debunked but someone I often quote as Mei Trow is a knowledgeable chap on the subject.

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Robert Mann, you mean?

Comment

• Mortuary Technician?, wow, thats a step up in the world. The last time I looked he was a pauper inmate.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X