The Jewish Standard Friday 14 November 1910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Well, for what it is worth -- The serial killer known as BTK was a Lutheran church deacon and president of the church council.

c.d.
    Perhaps we should ask our resident ex-murder squad detective whether he can detect any similarities between Aaron Kosminski and Dennis Rader.

I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Perhaps we should ask our resident ex-murder squad detective whether he can detect any similarities between Aaron Kosminski and Dennis Rader.

I can't.
      What would you have thought of Dennis Rader before we knew what kind of man he was? Probably that he was a decent, normal family guy. We don’t know if Kosminski was the killer or not. So it’s impossible to make a comparison. You’ll argue of course because you like arguing just for the sake of it.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

What would you have thought of Dennis Rader before we knew what kind of man he was? Probably that he was a decent, normal family guy. We don’t know if Kosminski was the killer or not. So it’s impossible to make a comparison. You’ll argue of course because you like arguing just for the sake of it.
        Good point Herlock.

There was a long hiatus in the BTK killings.
        When Rader was arrested, the police asked him about this period of non-murderous activity.
        Rader explained that he thought that at that particular point in his family's life, his young children deserved the full attention of their father.

Comment

What would you have thought of Dennis Rader before we knew what kind of man he was? Probably that he was a decent, normal family guy.
          I heard something very different, Herlock, in a podcast about this reprobate.

From what was said, most people in town loathed him. Rader was a hard-ass compliance officer that loved chewing people out--particularly women--if their lawns were too messy or their dogs got loose. He threw his weight around and people thought he was a real piece of work. He also stalked several women and was once charged for it, so he didn't really have the squeaky 'clean' record that some people claim he had.

None of this has anything to do with Kosminski, of course, but I've seen people try to compare him to Charles Allen Lechmere. I don't see any resemblance.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

From what was said, most people in town loathed him. Rader was a hard-ass compliance officer that loved chewing people out--particularly women--if their lawns were too messy or their dogs got loose. He threw his weight around and people thought he was a real piece of work. He also stalked several women and was once charged for it, so he didn't really have the squeaky 'clean' record that some people claim he had.

None of this has anything to do with Kosminski, of course, but I've seen people try to compare him to Charles Allen Lechmere. I don't see any resemblance.

By an amazing coincidence, I read this about Rader a few minutes ago:

In May 1991, Rader became a dogcatcher and compliance officer in Park City.[19][24][25][26] In this position, neighbors recalled him as being sometimes overzealous and extremely strict, as well as taking special pleasure in bullying and harassing single women.[27] One neighbor complained that Rader killed her dog for no reason.[28]

(WIKIPEDIA)​

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I didn’t know that Roger. I’d assumed that he was the almost stereotypical “well he always seemed like a really nice guy to me” type.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Is that the same Aaron Kosminski who, according to Elamarna, may have had a few drinks one Saturday evening, assaulted a prostitute, and shouted what was a well-known anti-Jewish slur at a man of obviously Jewish appearance who was passing by?

Strange that he should have been the kind of person who attended synagogue services.​

(PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1)

Well, for what it is worth -- The serial killer known as BTK was a Lutheran church deacon and president of the church council.

(c.d.​)

Are you not missing the point?

My comment related not just to Kosminski's character but also to his lifestyle.

People who attended synagogue on Saturday did not do what Kosminski is alleged to have done on Saturday nights.

And where is the evidence that Rader shouted anti-Christian comments at fellow Lutherans?

Comment

Is that the same Aaron Kosminski who, according to Elamarna, may have had a few drinks one Saturday evening, assaulted a prostitute, and shouted what was a well-known anti-Jewish slur at a man of obviously Jewish appearance who was passing by?

Strange that he should have been the kind of person who attended synagogue services.​

(PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1)

(c.d.​)

Are you not missing the point?

My comment related not just to Kosminski's character but also to his lifestyle.

People who attended synagogue on Saturday did not do what Kosminski is alleged to have done on Saturday nights.

And where is the evidence that Rader shouted anti-Christian comments at fellow Lutherans?
                  What a load of tripe!

The idea that being religious you won't commit sex crimes is literally insane!

A few examples of devout Jewish criminals:

Jerusalem Gay Pride: Ultra-Orthodox Jew convicted of murder over stabbing
                  Two Orthodox Jewish Rabbis Sentenced To Prison For Conspiring To Kidnap Jewish Husbands, Force Them To Consent To Religious Divorces

This guy probably went to synagogue every week:

Jewish man jailed for sexual offences against underage girls from Orthodox communities
                  This one definitely would have done:

Orthodox Jewish therapist gets 103 years in prison for sex abuse Undoubtedly this one (described as "a tremendous Hasid") did:

A Yiddish-language newspaper serving the Satmar Hasidic community also published a series of favorable articles about the former therapist, who was convicted of sexually abusing an adolescent girl.

There must be plenty of others.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

This is just a gentle reminder that we are discussing the Jewish community in Whitechapel in 1888.

As I have pointed out before, public displays of drunkenness by Jews were practically unheard of, and Jews did not go out on Saturday night to beat up women in the street after attending synagogue.

I did issue a challenge some time ago to my adversaries to come up with evidence of Polish Jews attacking gentile women in the East End of London in the late nineteenth century.

There has so far been no response.

Comment

This is just a gentle reminder that we are discussing the Jewish community in Whitechapel in 1888.

As I have pointed out before, public displays of drunkenness by Jews were practically unheard of, and Jews did not go out on Saturday night to beat up women in the street after attending synagogue.

I did issue a challenge some time ago to my adversaries to come up with evidence of Polish Jews attacking gentile women in the East End of London in the late nineteenth century.

Perhaps when you start answering questions….
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The last post just proves my point.

Comment

You know, I've never seen the goal posts change so many times in a single post.

One minute it's Jews didn't beat up women on Saturday nights, then it's just gentile women who they didn't attack, then it's just Jews in Whitechapel in 1888, then it's just Polish Jews!

But of course it's not just Polish Jews in Whitechapel in 1888 is it? It's got to be Polish Jews who can be proved to have gone to synagogue on the Sabbath in Whitechapel in 1888, presumably between August and December 1888! Just to make sure one can't be found.

I mean sure "Jews" as a group did not go out and beat up women on Saturday nights or any other night but individual Jewish men might well have done.

Going to synagogue on the Sabbath was practically obligatory for those in the Jewish community in Whitechapel in 1888. It didn't mean you were a good person simply because you went to synagogue. What type of fantasy world do you live in?

It's really no different from saying Christians who went to church didn't beat up women on a Sunday night. Of course they could, and almost certainly did.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The last post just proves my point.
                            ???????
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It's really no different from saying Christians who went to church didn't beat up women on a Sunday night. Of course they could, and almost certainly did.

It was practically unheard of for Polish Jews to attack Jewish women, let alone gentile women, in the East End of London.

If you knew facts like that, you would not write such obvious howlers as that above.

Comment

It was practically unheard of for Polish Jews to attack Jewish women, let alone gentile women, in the East End of London.

If you knew facts like that, you would not write such obvious howlers as that above.
                                Oh so now it's "the East End of London" is it? It was just Whitechapel a couple of posts ago.

Please PI, just provide the evidence to support your claim that "People who attended synagogue on Saturday did not do what Kosminski is alleged to have done on Saturday nights."

I would really love to know where you are getting this rubbish from.​
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X