special k and George yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Levisohn is clearly wrong on his dates, because we know that Kłosowski spent several (five?) months in 1888 in West India Dock Road, working in Abraham Radin's shop and nursing Ethel's child there. He then moved to Cable Street, thence to Commercial Street via Greenfield Street, before moving into the basement of the White Hart sometime in 1890.
    Levisohn said "working".

This was pointed out in 2008 to you and I repeated it above. Look...

Levisohn"s statement that he remembered meeting Klosowski in 1888," when he was "working" in a shop under the White Hart Public House, 89 High Street,Whitechapel " in Adam"s book entitled ,"The Trial of George Chapman" is not contradicted anywhere in that book by anyone.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      Levisohn said "working".

This was pointed out in 2008 to you and I repeated it above. Look...
      I'm aware it was pointed out in 2008, because I was here having the bloody discussion. I'm also aware that the person pointing it out was a bit of a Kłosowski fan at the time, a bit like you seem to be turning into. Like you're a fan of Smith and Tabram being included in the canon, a fan of the idea that the Ripper must have had insider info, etc.

I won't waste any time on your idées fixe and frankly irritating posts again.
      Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-24-2018, 12:23 PM.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I'm aware it was pointed out in 2008, because I was here having the bloody discussion. I'm also aware that the person pointing it out was a bit of a Kłosowski fan at the time, a bit like you seem to be turning into. Like you're a fan of Smith and Tabram being included in the canon, a fan of the idea that the Ripper must have had insider info, etc.

I won't waste any time on your idées fixe and frankly irritating posts again.
        Levisohn said "working".

You keep misrepresenting his claim to mean residence.

Comment

Levisohn"s statement that he remembered meeting Klosowski in 1888," when he was "working" in a shop under the White Hart Public House, 89 High Street,Whitechapel " in Adam"s book entitled ,"The Trial of George Chapman" is not contradicted anywhere in that book by anyone.
          This should put to rest claims that Levisohn was talking about Chapman living in White Hart Public House. He clearly says working. Got evidence he said something else? Reference it.
          Actually, according to Adam's book Levisohn states at Klosowski's trial "I have known the accused since 1888, when I met him in a hairdresser's shop in Whitechapel" (page 62). At the Police Court proceedings it states "He first met the accused in a shop under the White Hart public-house, 89 High Street, Whitechapel, in 1888" (page 201). It doesn't say "working," clearly or otherwise.

Levisohn also states "Until 1889 the accused was an assistant to a hairdresser at this shop. Then he became proprietor." As I pointed out, this never happened.

Wolf.

Comment

So chapman was living in cable street during the ripper murders or not?
            If so, how far from murder sites is it?
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
              Hello everyone.

I'm not going to comment on the meat of the arguments here because I have said everything in my book.

I've just popped in to register my dismay at seeing the names and spellings that were established after a great deal of painstaking research on my part being misspelled on this thread.

"Stanislaus" is not a Polish name and it's not a female name, either.

Lucy Baderska's siblings were Stanisław Baderski and Stanisława Rauch (nee Baderska). I also see reference to a Mrs Baderska. The only Mrs Baderska was Stanisław Baderski's wife, Władysława. Is that the person who is being cited?

There is nobody in this story called "George Sterman". The barber who worked with Kłosowski was George Schumann.

There is nobody in this story called "Haddin". The barber in Tottenham that Kłosowski worked for was John Haddon.

All this information is available in the biographical index at the end of my book.

Thank you all very much for resurrecting my pet suspect and I look forward to a flurry of book orders in due course ;-)

The book is currently in its 4th imprint, having been updated with 20 extra pages (mainly of Kłosowski's family history) in 2017, and now totals 292 pages.

All the best to you all and keep up the excellent "ripperologing"!

Helena
              Hi helena

“Pet suspect”? I thought your conclusion was that he isnt a viable ripper suspect?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
                Actually, according to Adam's book Levisohn states at Klosowski's trial "I have known the accused since 1888, when I met him in a hairdresser's shop in Whitechapel" (page 62). At the Police Court proceedings it states "He first met the accused in a shop under the White Hart public-house, 89 High Street, Whitechapel, in 1888" (page 201). It doesn't say "working," clearly or otherwise.

Levisohn also states "Until 1889 the accused was an assistant to a hairdresser at this shop. Then he became proprietor." As I pointed out, this never happened.

Wolf.
                This could very well be the case. At this stage, because the work is something one has to buy a physical second-hand copy of, I can only go with what people have said here. I thought someone had a copy and it indicated it was work he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                  This could very well be the case. At this stage, because the work is something one has to buy a physical second-hand copy of, I can only go with what people have said here. I thought someone had a copy and it indicated it was work he was talking about.
                  Explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                    Explains a lot.
                    What do you mean by that?

Comment

You make no effort to check out the sources you use.

'Tom Wescott said that Fiona Rule said...' That kind of thing.

'I can't be arsed to buy the book, but I thought someone who had read it said...' That kind of thing.

A proper Ripperolgist, in the sense I detect Helena used it earlier.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                        You make no effort to check out the sources you use.
                        Absolute nonsense. Read my first post on this thread asking for sources. That is all I have ever asked for here. Also, as you can read, I have no problem being corrected and have been plenty of times elsewhere. Doesn't matter to me as long as I am on the right path.

'Tom Wescott said that Fiona Rule said...' That kind of thing.
                        Is still a source. Even Adam's book is being referenced here to support the view Levisohn is wrong. You are not making any sense.

'I can't be arsed to buy the book, but I thought someone who had read it said...' That kind of thing.

A proper Ripperolgist, in the sense I detect Helena used it earlier.

Good luck!
                        Another misrepresentation of myself and I am not trying to be a 'proper' Ripperologist or any sort of Ripperologist. Wescott has been more right than you have been so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          So chapman was living in cable street during the ripper murders or not?
                          We don't know for sure and, even if he did, he would still have been a reasonable distance from most of the murder locations, assuming he took the shortest routes back to safety. That said, tere's a chance that he didn't even move into the district until after the murders had already started.
                          If so, how far from murder sites is it?
                          20+ minutes' walk from most, 15 minutes from Nichols and approx 6 minutes from Stride.
                          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-24-2018, 11:29 PM.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
                            I've just popped in to register my dismay at seeing the names and spellings that were established after a great deal of painstaking research on my part being misspelled on this thread.
                            It's fair to point out that most of the misspellings on this thread appeared in 2009 when folk were less enlightened. Back then, most people's sources of information on Kłosowski were the books of HL Adam, R Michael Gordon and Philip Sugden which, in varying degrees, either initiated or perpetuated the same errors.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

We don't know for sure and, even if he did, he would still have been a reasonable distance from most of the murder locations, assuming he took the shortest routes back to safety. That said, tere's a chance that he didn't even move into the district until after the murders had already started.
                              20+ minutes' walk from most, 15 minutes from Nichols and approx 6 minutes from Stride.
                              thank you Sam

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                              X