A closer look at George Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A closer look at George Hutchinson

In my honest opinion and analysis i still think hutch is most likely to be jack the ripper:

1. he was there with mary kelly near time of death.
    2. he engaged in stalking behavior.
    3. he lied and made up a ridiculous suspect in aman.
    4. he waited until the inquest was over to conveniently come forward.
    5. his presence lurking was corroborated by sarah lewis
    6. he has no alibi at probable time of death, and indeed by his own account , was walking about.
    7. he accused a jew. the gsg incriminated a jew.
    8. he fits general profile to a t.
    9. was staying at the victoria house. a stones throw from dorset street and in tje heart of ripper territory.
    10. fits the general witness descriptions
    11. unlike bury, druitt and others the mackenzie murder dosnt rule him out.
    12. only ripper suspect that was both a "witness" with an actual physical connection to the case and a police person of interst.
    13. Changed story from police deposition to press story now saying he stood outside her window indicating he knew not only where she exactly lived but placing himself even closer to her place of death.

According to witnesses, Four men were seen to be in mary kellys presense the night of her murder. so one of them is most likely to be her killer and therefore jack the ripper.

Joe Barnett
    Blotchy
    George Hutchinson
    Astrakan man

Joe Barnett has an alibi and was cleared by police.
    Blotchy was seen earlier with the victim than the usual time of ripper murders and hutches account exonerates him.
    Aman is more than likely a de facto false suspect.
    George hurchinson was the last credible person seen with mary kelly. he places himself in her company around tod, engaged in stalking behavior and has zero alibi. IMHO George Hutchinson is most likely to be Mary Kellys killer and therefor Jack the Ripper.

Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-30-2022, 04:18 AM.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    In my honest opinion and analysis i still think hutch is most likely to be jack the ripper:

6. he has no alibi at probable time of death, and indeed by his own account , was walking about.
    9. was staying at the victoria house. a stones throw from dorset street and in tje heart of ripper territory.
    12. only ripper suspect that was both a "witness" with an actual physical connection to the case and a police person of interst.
    13. Changed story from police deposition to press story now saying he stood outside her window indicating he knew not only where she exactly lived but placing himself even closer to her place of death.

According to witnesses, Four men were seen to be in mary kellys presense the night of her murder. so one of them is most likely to be her killer and therefore jack the ripper.

Joe Barnett
    Blotchy
    George Hutchinson
    Astrakan man

Blotchy was seen earlier with the victim than the usual time of ripper murders and hutches account exonerates him.
    George hurchinson was the last credible person seen with mary kelly. he places himself in her company around tod, engaged in stalking behavior and has zero alibi. IMHO George Hutchinson is most likely to be Mary Kellys killer and therefor Jack the Ripper.

Hi Abby , youve made some interesting points thats for sure for your case , just a few things if i may , Firstly, how exactly does George Hutchinson fit the profile to a T ? If you look at what was done to Mary Kellys body and what George did for a living, and the fact very little is know about him , im just wondering what possible motive or what profile exist to match that of george that he could have had for such a barbaric act ?

Heres just a few more interesting points

''Hutchinson was paid the equivalent of a months wages by the police for his help in searching for his Ripper suspect, he was also paid by the press for his story. Could this be the real reason why an unemployed groom was so keen to help and perhaps why he elaborated on his statement description a little''.

This was from an article on casebook about George which im sure you know about . Just my opinion but i dont think the police of the day were paying jack the ripper to find himself [if that story if indeed true]

If George was the Ripper he certainly fooled Abberline and the whole entire Police force and Scotland yard , at such a young age 22 [i think could have been a bit more as know one really knows for sure ].

Abberline stated that he believed Hutchinson's statement was, 'Important and true'. If the police did not believe Hutchinson's statement description, why did they arrest Joseph Denny and Joseph Isaacs. Was it because they were foreign looking and wearing long Astrakhan trimmed coat's, exactly as Hutchinson had described.[Point 3 ?]Whos claim is it that its a ''fact'' he lied ?

Just my opinion on G.H. .... Too much circumstancial evidence and conjectour to rest my head on the pillow at night to convince me that he was jack the ripper . just sayin.....

cheers fishy
    Last edited by FISHY1118; 05-30-2022, 05:16 AM.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Joe Barnett
      Blotchy
      George Hutchinson
      Astrakan man

Certainly worthy of attention Abby. I’d add one ‘for’ and one ‘against’ point.

The ‘for’ point would be the way he described stooping to look into the face of Kelly’s companion (if he existed) This just seems a bit weird to me to say the least. Was this just a way of trying to show that Kelly’s companion was behaving suspiciously (therefore a potential killer) and also a way of showing that Hutchinson got a good close look at him to add weight to his description?

The ‘against’ point would be him loitering outside Miller’s Court and being seen by Sarah Lewis. Surely he’d have seen Lewis and have been aware that he’d been seen so would he have gone on to kill? The same point applies to BS man in Berner Street of course.

He’s certainly a suspicious character Abby. Who knows?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hi
        It depends if you discount George William Topping Hutchinson as the witness, if so then he could be the killer. if not absolutely not, Regards Richatd.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can first accuse Hutchinson of being this killer, then being deceptive and being a lair, then call him a "credible witness".

There is an endless list of theorists who have accused Hutch of lying, one even emphatically said it was proven he lied, yet when challenged not one theorists has produced this proof of what he is supposed to have lied about.
          Whatever he was doing there I don't know, possibly the real reason he waited was with intent to mug this fancy dressed stranger after he left Millers Court - I have no idea.

What I do take as satisfactory are the various press reports of Sarah Lewis's court testimony where she described a male & female who entered Millers Court while a man (Hutchinson) stood opposite. This for me is sufficient corroboration that Hutchinson was telling the truth about Kelly being with another man.
          The modern accusations against Hutchinson to my mind are all smoke & mirrors. If you want him to look bad, to look suspicious, then that is how you will tell his story. The streets were full of suspicious people with all manner of intents, this doesn't make any of them Jack the Ripper.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            I'm not sure how anyone can first accuse Hutchinson of being this killer, then being deceptive and being a lair, then call him a "credible witness".

There is an endless list of theorists who have accused Hutch of lying, one even emphatically said it was proven he lied, yet when challenged not one theorists has produced this proof of what he is supposed to have lied about.
            Whatever he was doing there I don't know, possibly the real reason he waited was with intent to mug this fancy dressed stranger after he left Millers Court - I have no idea.

What I do take as satisfactory are the various press reports of Sarah Lewis's court testimony where she described a male & female who entered Millers Court while a man (Hutchinson) stood opposite. This for me is sufficient corroboration that Hutchinson was telling the truth about Kelly being with another man.
            The modern accusations against Hutchinson to my mind are all smoke & mirrors. If you want him to look bad, to look suspicious, then that is how you will tell his story. The streets were full of suspicious people with all manner of intents, this doesn't make any of them Jack the Ripper.
            hi wick. sorry i wasnt clear. re him being credible witness.. i should have said last credible sighting of a person with mary. there is no doubt about it like say aman or maxwell sighting.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Joe Barnett
              Blotchy
              George Hutchinson
              Astrakan man

We don't know enough about Hutchinson. I am happy that Abberline interviewed him, spoke with him and was satisfied by his story and his explanations. Does that mean he couldn't have done it? Of course it doesn't but Abberline absolutely has my trust. The thing is we do not have all the information. We know what Hutchinson said to the Police and Press but his absolutely key interview with Abberline did not survive. All we have is the snippet that Hutchinson knew Mary Kelly for three years, has sometimes given her a few shillings and had watched her with AK man as he was suprised to see such a well dressed man with her. That is it. Everything else I see is innuendo or as I say negligible stuff.

Comment

If "Astrakhan Man" did exist, wouldn't he have caught Sarah Lewis' attention? She described seeing a couple, but nothing about the male was noteworthy enough for her to comment on. It's already been pointed out that such a figure would've stood out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  If "Astrakhan Man" did exist, wouldn't he have caught Sarah Lewis' attention? She described seeing a couple, but nothing about the male was noteworthy enough for her to comment on. It's already been pointed out that such a figure would've stood out like a sore thumb.
                  hi harry
                  if aman did exist and entered into marys room with her as hutch described, then it seems that sarah lewis would have missed them and they were already in her room when sarah arrived because she describes the waiting man (hutch) in the spot he took up after aman and mary went into her room.

but all a moot point because aman probably didnt exist.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

The idea of Aman actually being Bury is interesting. I believe in his original statement hutch described Aman as having a fair mustache. Bury was described with dark brown hair but with fair mustache/light sandy coloured facial hair. Some of the other witnesses describe a man with a fair mustache as well. Bury owned a fur-lined coat and black kids gloves, also noted in Dundee for his fondness for wearing jewelry. Seems to have been quite vain about his clothing. I've previously dismissed Aman as I didn't think there was a credible suspect that could have dressed like that, and been shabby genteel in other instances, but I think for Bury there is a case to be made. If it was Bury I think he'd either been at some smart do (e.g., one of his smoking concerts) and Kelly was a chance encounter, or given the high police presence and lack of opportunity of getting someone into a dark corner outside, it was planned to win her confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Hi Abby , youve made some interesting points thats for sure for your case , just a few things if i may , Firstly, how exactly does George Hutchinson fit the profile to a T ? If you look at what was done to Mary Kellys body and what George did for a living, and the fact very little is know about him , im just wondering what possible motive or what profile exist to match that of george that he could have had for such a barbaric act ?

Heres just a few more interesting points

''Hutchinson was paid the equivalent of a months wages by the police for his help in searching for his Ripper suspect, he was also paid by the press for his story. Could this be the real reason why an unemployed groom was so keen to help and perhaps why he elaborated on his statement description a little''.

This was from an article on casebook about George which im sure you know about . Just my opinion but i dont think the police of the day were paying jack the ripper to find himself [if that story if indeed true]

If George was the Ripper he certainly fooled Abberline and the whole entire Police force and Scotland yard , at such a young age 22 [i think could have been a bit more as know one really knows for sure ].

Abberline stated that he believed Hutchinson's statement was, 'Important and true'. If the police did not believe Hutchinson's statement description, why did they arrest Joseph Denny and Joseph Isaacs. Was it because they were foreign looking and wearing long Astrakhan trimmed coat's, exactly as Hutchinson had described.[Point 3 ?]Whos claim is it that its a ''fact'' he lied ?

Just my opinion on G.H. .... Too much circumstancial evidence and conjectour to rest my head on the pillow at night to convince me that he was jack the ripper . just sayin.....

cheers fishy

hi fishy

Hi Abby , youve made some interesting points thats for sure for your case , just a few things if i may , Firstly, how exactly does George Hutchinson fit the profile to a T ?
                      local lowlife average joe. would have known the area very well, as the ripper surely did. english gentile out of work--motive for not liking/blaming jews-described aman as jewish(hutch)-lipski! and GSG disparaging jews (the ripper).

hutch if the ripper probably used to laugh himself to sleep with that one. Hutch if not the ripper probably did the same.

no worries fishy, I just think hutch makes one of the least weak suspects along with a handful of others. gun to head i would probably say no not the ripper. but id wince when saying it. he was probably just a lying attention seeker.
                      but maybe not. the lurking/ stalking behavior/anti alibi/ troubles me most.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

The idea of Aman actually being Bury is interesting. I believe in his original statement hutch described Aman as having a fair mustache. Bury was described with dark brown hair but with fair mustache/light sandy coloured facial hair. Some of the other witnesses describe a man with a fair mustache as well. Bury owned a fur-lined coat and black kids gloves, also noted in Dundee for his fondness for wearing jewelry. Seems to have been quite vain about his clothing. I've previously dismissed Aman as I didn't think there was a credible suspect that could have dressed like that, and been shabby genteel in other instances, but I think for Bury there is a case to be made. If it was Bury I think he'd either been at some smart do (e.g., one of his smoking concerts) and Kelly was a chance encounter, or given the high police presence and lack of opportunity of getting someone into a dark corner outside, it was planned to win her confidence.
                        intersting wulfy
                        I didnt know all that about bury.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

hi harry
                          if aman did exist and entered into marys room with her as hutch described, then it seems that sarah lewis would have missed them and they were already in her room when sarah arrived because she describes the waiting man (hutch) in the spot he took up after aman and mary went into her room.

I wonder what was meant by Hutchinson being of "military appearance"?

And does this conflict with Sarah Lewis's description of a short and stout man?

Comment

Of course if Hutchinson was mistaken about the day, the whole thing falls apart.

Walter Dew certainly thought that Hutchinson was mistaken.

In issue five of "The Casebook Examiner", Christer Holmgren wrote an excellent article which raises very serious doubts about Hutchinson's story.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              Of course if Hutchinson was mistaken about the day, the whole thing falls apart.

Walter Dew certainly thought that Hutchinson was mistaken.

In issue five of "The Casebook Examiner", Christer Holmgren wrote an excellent article which raises very serious doubts about Hutchinson's story.
                              i've read that article and seems a bit of a stretch as the crux of the argument seems to be hutch couldn't have made those observations because it was raining that night. What hutch saw probably spanned a very short amount of time, could have just been spotting with rain or have stopped at that time. I believe the heavy rain wasn't noted until later. That being said, hutch wasn't given hard labour or other sentence for time wasting like some others that came forward, so the police must have believed him to a certain extent but also had reason to question his statement for some reason

Comment

Working...
                              X