Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Knott View Post
    Hi Richard,

I have searched some copies of the Radio Times at the British Newspaper Library in Colindale, but the only entry I found was 25 May 1972 edition relating to the already identified and discounted Radio 4 broadcast.

Can you remember anything about the article, eg where it was in the magazine, were there any photos etc?

Thanks
    David
    Hi David, don't know if you're still about but I found this for sale while surfing

JACK THE RIPPER
    Exceptionally scarce pamphlet, originally broadcast on BBC Radio Four on 1 June 1972. ...

Is this the same broadcast to which you refer

all the best

Observer

Comment

Know the feeling. I distinctly remember a TV program where a now elderly Jack the Ripper is working in a theater, I believe here in the States. My surmise was that it was either a Mike Hammer or a Meet McGraw but I can find no promising titles or descriptions connected to those shows. It would have been around 1955-65. Maybe it was on the DuMont Network which has lost a lot of its records from what I hear.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

No.

Originally posted by Observer View Post
        Hi David, don't know if you're still about but I found this for sale while surfing

JACK THE RIPPER
        Exceptionally scarce pamphlet, originally broadcast on BBC Radio Four on 1 June 1972. ...

Is this the same broadcast to which you refer

all the best

Observer
        I found this for Richard ages ago, even managed to source a copy but there is nothing in it about George Hutchinson.

Comment

Memory's a funny thing. I seem to remember once turning on the TV and seeing a man press down on the latch of a dilapidated door and walk into a house. Even as I saw it I thought '29 Hanbury St.' And it was! It may have been Farson - I'm not sure. I know it wasn't Mason because I've seen his clip.

The thing is, I'm not sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me, so I'm not going to ransack the universe. Good luck with this anyway, Richard.

Comment

that vid can be seen on you tube..type" 29 hanbury street."..u will see it come up...interesting vid in 1967 at that house.presenter takes a look at the scene in the yard ...and it looks exactly the same as the photos...interestingly his dog really checks that corner out.....sixth sense....or just fancys a piss ..u decide!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              ...I'm not sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me....
              After a certain age, I think we should all stop relying on our memories. We nearly always get it wrong.

Comment

Could be, GM. I remember getting things wrong....at least, I seem to remember....

Comment

... I've actually forgotten my memory.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

10 years on and still no update on the mystery programme? What a cliffhanger!
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Actually Al I was just reading through this thread and it wasn’t until I noted the post by Bob Hinton that I realised that it was from 10 years ago. So you can see why I’m Herlock Sholmes and not Sherlock Holmes
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Come on Nunweek, what happened? Some of us need to sleep tonight!
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Hi .
                          I am still working on it.. LOL
                          Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                            Hi .
                            I am still working on it.. LOL
                            Regards Richard.
                            Hi Richard

Radio Times listings now digitized here "Explore Radio Times 1923-2009" FWIW!

Comment

I wonder if it was part of the "The Other Victorians" series ???

Last edited by mpriestnall; 03-05-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Links above don't seem to work but the dates should be good!

Comment

Working...
                                X