Duke of Bedford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Errata View Post
    Well on first read there is a traumatic brain injury/ stroke which is not a mental illness, and they knew it wasn't. Anyone know if the asylum was also for invalids?
    Yes. In some cases it was like a convalescent home. In other cases like Lord Lewes, he was dangerously insane.
    Last edited by SuspectZero; 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
      Yes. In some cases it was like a convalescent home. In other cases like Lord Lewes, he was dangerously insane.
      I'm reading about this poor man dying over the course of a couple of days. I can pick out just enough words to make out his condition and how he's fading. I don't know if he would live today. It's quite sad to see it laid out like something different was going to happen.

You read all of these? How long did it take? Did you get a translator?
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I'm reading about this poor man dying over the course of a couple of days. I can pick out just enough words to make out his condition and how he's fading. I don't know if he would live today. It's quite sad to see it laid out like something different was going to happen.

You read all of these? How long did it take? Did you get a translator?
        I did not read all of them. Too hard and the writing can be hard to decipher but it's English. Was looking for certain people. You will find the names of the patients in the front of the book after the attending medicos. Also because of the lack computers many patient entries have multiple pages within notations at the bottom of the page telling you where the page continues. You have to look carefully for these because there are extensions of the patients records and they continue in various locations throughout the books. And there are a lot of books.
        Last edited by SuspectZero; 01-27-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I did not read all of them. Too hard and the writing can be hard to decipher but it's English. Was looking for certain people. You will find the names of the patients in the front of the book after the attending medicos. Also because of the lack computers many patient entries have multiple pages within notations at the bottom of the page telling you where the page continues. You have to look carefully for these because there are extentsions of the patients records and they continue in various locations throughout the books.
          hold up... my guy might live. He's hung on for two weeks and while he's still losing function he seems to be getting stronger.

I swear this is going to be my new daytime television.

Comment

hold up... my guy might live. He's hung on for two weeks and while he's still losing function he seems to be getting stronger.

I swear this is going to be my new daytime television.
            LOL. Go for it.

Comment

LOL. Go for it.
              Dammit the book ended. I don't know what happened! Did he live? I hate that.

Comment

Dammit the book ended. I don't know what happened! Did he live? I hate that.
                The books cover multiple years. You might find him in a later volume.

Comment

Working...
                X