The profession of Jack the Ripper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
    We aren't back at "Gramptonite rhymes with kryptonite" are we? If so may I order finger sandwiches & a fine bottle of Pol Roger's Churchill whilst I wait in the nose-bleed seats or down in the swamps??
    What's on the sangas I may join you.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hello Pierre -
      Thank you for answering my questions. What are the data sources you refer to?I'm genuinely curious to know as I like the theory that Jack was a member of the police force and would not want you to potentially invalidate it as an idea through your reticent attitude.
      Many thanks,

Comment

• Happy Xmas Pierre (and everyone else on the Casebook forum).

Thank you for the update on your theory! Haven't had time to read through everything yet.

One thing i've found whilst reading some of these posts...... why all the belittling and piss taking by other forum users??

Comment

• As most serving police officers connected with the hunt for JTR did not live in mansions at any time in their lives, nor were educated beyond a quite basic level, that leaves the elite at Scotland Yard and City, some of them quite old men.

Comment

• Maybe the killer did have something against the show of Lord Mayors after all! On the 29th of September the Lord Mayor is elected by the Livery of London (the aldermen of the various guild halls) at Guildhall. Even today it's quite a grand occasion and a dinner is held that night at Mansion House.

On the 8th of November the new Lord Mayor is sworn into office publicly at Guildhall. They had trumpeters perform in the 19th century and before. On the 9th of course is the Lord Mayor's Show, all reported in the newspapers.

Comment

• Hi Pierre

Was your suspect involved in the Ripper investigation (I'm assuming not all police were working on the one case) ?

If so, many of them wrote memoirs or "recollections" which could provide new insights.

Craig

Comment

• Hello, Pierre,

Was the person you're investigating a member of the CID, by any chance?
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Can anyone tell me one thing:

Is Pierre saying his suspect was a Scotland Yard official or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    If he saw a policeman at the murder site performing mutilations on a woman or having intercourse with her, which he might have thought, he must have been frightened. And then it is easy to understand that he lied about his name, since he must have been afraid of having his name published in the newspaper where the killer could read it. So he gave his name as Charles Cross.
                    Pierre's theory as stated above makes no sense. If Lechmere saw a policeman murdering Nichols, that policeman must have disappeared by the time Robert Paul arrived which means there would have been no reason for Lechmere to have told Mizen that a policeman wanted him in Bucks Row.

As far as I can tell, Pierre now realises his error, so he has completely changed the theory whereby Lechmere does not see the murder being carried out but is told by a policeman that a crime has been committed before that policeman disappears to search for another officer. In which case, there was no reason for Lechmere not to have mentioned the policeman at the inquest. So again, with v.2 of the theory, it still makes no sense.

After all this time and Pierre can't even produce a coherent theory. Not much of a Christmas present, frankly.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                      Can anyone tell me one thing:

Is Pierre saying his suspect was a Scotland Yard official or not?
                      David
                      good to see you back, hope had a good xmas.

on the 28th pierre posted:

"Hi Steve. So the question was not about the police in general but it was about me saying that he was not a Scotland Yard official? Then I won´t be able to answer the question, that is, if the question is "Was he a Scotland Yard official?".

that was not what i was asking by the way, but i think that answers your question

Comment

• Thanks Steve.

So let me see if I've got this right.

On 3 November, Pierre posted:

"Well, the person I have found wasn´t a Scotland Yard official."

Now, in December, Pierre is refusing to say whether his suspect was a Scotland Yard official or not?

Is that right?

In which case Pierre is saying that he might have deliberately lied to the members of this forum in November?

Comment

• or i see it us such

look at posts 11, 14, 21, 22 ,163and 165, the last of which he has not replied to.
                          Last edited by Elamarna; 12-30-2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: wrong post number included

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                            or i see it us such

look at posts 11, 14, 21, 25 ,163and 165, the last of which he has not replied to.
                            Yes, I've looked at those (and I think you mean 22 not 25) but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser.

Having expressly denied that his suspect was a Scotland Yard official, surely there is a responsibility for Pierre to clarify one way or the other whether his suspect was, in fact, a Scotland Yard official or not.

I would ask him myself but he claims to be ignoring me so I have to leave it to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
                              Happy Xmas Pierre (and everyone else on the Casebook forum).

Thank you for the update on your theory! Haven't had time to read through everything yet.

One thing i've found whilst reading some of these posts...... why all the belittling and piss taking by other forum users??
                              Something I've often wondered.

Manners Maketh Man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                                Something I've often wondered.

Manners Maketh Man.
                                I entirely agree. No-one who tells the members of this forum that the killer wrote the exact address of Mary Jane Kelly in a letter to a newspaper editor published some days before her murder - which address turns out to be written as "a quarter of a mile" - deserves to be ridiculed in any way.

Comment

Working...
                                X