X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
    Something I've often wondered.

Manners Maketh Man.
    Me too, though it seems of late that belittling and ridiculing are regarded as valid debating methods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purkis View Post
      Me too, though it seems of late that belittling and ridiculing are regarded as valid debating methods.
      Have you ever heard of satire?

Comment

The hand closer in....
        MysterySinger asked me "if I think the marks on Eddowes face could be related to the mark on Mary Jane Kelly's hand, clearly visible in MJK3".

What to others think about this?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          I entirely agree. No-one who tells the members of this forum that the killer wrote the exact address of Mary Jane Kelly in a letter to a newspaper editor published some days before her murder - which address turns out to be written as "a quarter of a mile" - deserves to be ridiculed in any way.
          Lol. At the end of the day though that's presented as someone's opinion - I suspect very few posters will get it - but the original poster is entitled to their view and to air it. If other disagree they are entitled to say so but the sheer hostility and ridicule we see does no one any credit.

So some ideas defy belief but that doesn't automatically mean someone is wrong - who would have believed a Doctor would be murdering his own patients for example?

Comment

• I am really sorry folks,

This i hope will not become a tennis match, back and forth if you know what I mean. so lets stop it.

It is clear that some here have a high regard for Pierre, others do not.
            that ok

But for some to say the things recently posted shows a blinkered approach

lets be clear, who said:

"Are Evans or Skinner trained historians, have they attended a university?"

"I am sure Skinner and Evans have made interesting work on Jack the Ripper but it cannot be discussed from a standpoint of scientific validity or reliability since they do not use scientific methods."

"Does Donald Rumbelow have a degree in history or is he just an ex policeman?"

"If they do not have a degree, they are amateur writers and nothing else"

"What "higher levels"? Are you suggesting that ripperological books written by ex policemen and journalists are literature within "higher levels"?"

I can tell you it was not those who debate with Pierre

Who attacks people on this site because of there interest in the Whitechapel murders:

"Because you try to discuss scientific questions while the case is only a hobby for you"

Who yesterday wrote the most disrespectful and outrageous post about Simon Wood and his latest book?

to disagree with someone is not to ridicule them or belittle them.

the above quotes most certainly are.

Elamarna

Comment

Lol. At the end of the day though that's presented as someone's opinion - I suspect very few posters will get it - but the original poster is entitled to their view and to air it. If other disagree they are entitled to say so but the sheer hostility and ridicule we see does no one any credit.
              Does arguing that "a quarter of a mile" means 13 Miller's Court do Pierre any credit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                I am really sorry folks,

This i hope will not become a tennis match, back and forth if you know what I mean. so lets stop it.

that ok

lets be clear, who said:

"I am sure Skinner and Evans have made interesting work on Jack the Ripper but it cannot be discussed from a standpoint of scientific validity or reliability since they do not use scientific methods."

"What "higher levels"? Are you suggesting that ripperological books written by ex policemen and journalists are literature within "higher levels"?"

Who attacks people on this site because of there interest in the Whitechapel murders:

"Because you try to discuss scientific questions while the case is only a hobby for you"

Who yesterday wrote the most disrespectful and outrageous post about Simon Wood and his latest book?

Elamarna
                I have a high regard for all of you and I'm here to learn from you and to try and contribute what I can to the discussions. But this school playground arguing and eagerness to diss people - and it doesn't just happen to Pierre - doesn't do credit to this Forum.

Comment

• sorry no one is "dissin" Pierre.

anyway Mystery lets just leave it, I am not here to argue.

all the best

Steve

Comment

• I understand that many have been ARRESTED by Pierre's approach and he has been JUDGED accordingly, but by announcing his suspect was a policeman, I think he has played his get out of JAIL card. I certainly have COURTED this approach.

However others have looked at his SENTENCES and think they have CAUGHT him out. But while awaiting a name. . . the JURY's OUT.

A POLICEMAN'S LOT IS NOT A HAPPY ONE especially if you are a serial killer. But since Pierre has given us lots of CLUES, it's a FAIR COP.

I think I have my finger on the BEAT and my candidate is HELMUT FITZ HEAD, if the cap fits . . .

Comment

I have a high regard for all of you and I'm here to learn from you and to try and contribute what I can to the discussions. But this school playground arguing and eagerness to diss people - and it doesn't just happen to Pierre - doesn't do credit to this Forum.
                      Does arguing that "a quarter of a mile" means 13 Miller's Court do credit to this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        I am really sorry folks,

that ok

lets be clear, who said:

Elamarna
                        Hi Steve,

127 years. They haven´t found the killer. The only hope is science.

But now Simon Wood (a theatre designer?) tries to get people to think that the killer did not exist.

And this is just after Russell Edwards (a businessman?) has tried to make people believe in a totally unreliable DNA-test on an equally unreliable artefact from heaven knows where.

Please.

Don´t give me the talk about "respect" Steve. Where is the respect for the victims of Jack the Ripper when they are sold out on this monkey bazaar that constitutes ripperology?

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          Does arguing that "a quarter of a mile" means 13 Miller's Court do credit to this forum?
                          He is stating a possibility and that's all. I think he should have a reasonable expectation that people on the forum will see it for what it is. If, by some chance, it turns out he could be right, I think that would reflect well on him and upon the forum. What would look very poor for the forum would be that folks dismissed and ridiculed the poster in that case.

Comment

He is stating a possibility and that's all. I think he should have a reasonable expectation that people on the forum will see it for what it is. If, by some chance, it turns out he could be right, I think that would reflect well on him and upon the forum. What would look very poor for the forum would be that folks dismissed and ridiculed the poster in that case.
                            Would you mind clarifying. You are saying that arguing that "a quarter of a mile" means 13 Miller's Court does do credit to this forum?

Is that right?

Comment

• Getting back on topicl

The point still stands that Pierre originally said it wasn’t a police official; then said it was!

Not asking for a name, only some actually evidence, which I can see none of.

The items given, "the lord mayors letter" and "the chevrons", Pierre himself says are not part of his evidence.

I won't discuss the validity of these items, its been done to death already.

I am looking for evidence to support Pierre’s claim, all we get is questions, and opinion. NO FACTS.

How can we have 30 threads on this, and not one established facts.

Steve

Comment

Hi MysterySinger,

thanks, and I agree with you.

But I have no problem with them as long as they can manage a normal discussion as well, in spite of their aggression.

And I understand why they are so angry. They are simply afraid that someone will take away their favourite toy.

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X