The profession of Jack the Ripper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Pierre -
    Interesting theory, I just have a few comments and questions for you.

1.) Is there anything to link your suspect to each of the murder locations? It would be good if your suspect could be linked to the canonical five, unless you have a convincing theory/evidence to suggest that some of these victims were not those of Jack the Ripper.

2.) Besides the highly questionable ('questionable' being a kind term, a more accurate one perhaps being 'patently misconstrued') evidence of the 'chevrons' on Eddowes' face, do you have anything else on your suspect that suggests he was a member of the police force? I think it's an interesting idea that would explain a number of things, which is why I'm curious as to what other evidence you have as to this theory.

3.) Can you name your suspect? If you cannot, are you endeavouring to do so via research or do you have a compelling reason to keep it under wraps?

Many thanks,
    Harriet the Student

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Dr Brown did not describe them as "inverted V's", the sliced tissue "which peeled up the skin" on both cheeks was triangular in shape.
      The operative word being triangular.

An unsuccessful attempt to slice the eyes.
      It would have been simplicity itself for the killer to have cut or stabbed the eyes had this been his intention. These wounds were delicate nicks to the superficial structures.

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Same old same old.
      That’s right. I’m one of those old fashioned types who prefer to deal with facts rather than flights of fancy. Maybe it’s a generational thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post

That’s right. I’m one of those old fashioned types who prefer to deal with facts rather than flights of fancy. Maybe it’s a generational thing.
        Maybe best to avoid Pierre's posts then.

Not an ounce of evidence (ort even his fabled "data") but repeated references to his Hypothesis (read idea).
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi Pierre

I’m trying to get my head around what would motivate a police official to want to humiliate and embarrass the police force.

The most obvious one would be if he was fired or forced out from the police force, so there would be anger towards the force generally.

The other option would be if he missed out on a promotion, or was moved to another position.

A third scenario would be if he believed the Police leadership was incompetent or taking the wrong direction. Maybe this could have been directed specifically at Warren. You had previously said he was well educated and smart, so he may have been frustrated at poor leadership.

I’m still not sure what would motivate someone to see their peers humiliated in the press.

Craig

Comment

• Well, I never thought I'd see the day. Granted, it is still a case of playing cat-and-mouse with trying to guess Pierre's 'golden goose' suspect, but I have been reading this thread with interest.

While I have resisted the temptation to propose my own hypothesis as to who Pierre claims was Jack the Ripper, it must be said that I am leaning towards the notion that Pierre is aiming suspicion at one of the more famous senior police officials of Scotland Yard; those who managed the case, if not investigated it directly. We've heard before that revelation of the name would upset the Ripperology world, and knowledge of this suspect weighs heavy on his shoulders. They're well educated, once lived in decent dwellings, and had an axe to grind, presenting itself as the desire to humiliate the police with their own genius by burying torsos in the foundation of (old New) Scotland Yard and murdering and mutilating prostitutes.

If I were a betting man, I'd suggest the name of Pierre's suspect is on this page:

Which would explain Pierre's use of 'official'.

I have to stress, however, that this is my speculation based on this thread. I already have my 'preferred' suspect, and he wasn't a police official or officer.

Yours,
            Mister Whitechapel

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Whitechapel View Post
              Well, I never thought I'd see the day. Granted, it is still a case of playing cat-and-mouse with trying to guess Pierre's 'golden goose' suspect, but I have been reading this thread with interest.

While I have resisted the temptation to propose my own hypothesis as to who Pierre claims was Jack the Ripper, it must be said that I am leaning towards the notion that Pierre is aiming suspicion at one of the more famous senior police officials of Scotland Yard; those who managed the case, if not investigated it directly. We've heard before that revelation of the name would upset the Ripperology world, and knowledge of this suspect weighs heavy on his shoulders. They're well educated, once lived in decent dwellings, and had an axe to grind, presenting itself as the desire to humiliate the police with their own genius by burying torsos in the foundation of (old New) Scotland Yard and murdering and mutilating prostitutes.

If I were a betting man, I'd suggest the name of Pierre's suspect is on this page:

Which would explain Pierre's use of 'official'.

I have to stress, however, that this is my speculation based on this thread. I already have my 'preferred' suspect, and he wasn't a police official or officer.

Yours,
              Mister Whitechapel
              Mister Whitechapel,
              I think you may well be right about your view.

Steve

Comment

• [QUOTE=Harriet the Student;365720]Hello Pierre -
                Interesting theory, I just have a few comments and questions for you.

Hi Harriet,

1.) Is there anything to link your suspect to each of the murder locations? It would be good if your suspect could be linked to the canonical five, unless you have a convincing theory/evidence to suggest that some of these victims were not those of Jack the Ripper.

I have found data sources that or not known. They connect him to several of the murders.

2.) Besides the highly questionable ('questionable' being a kind term, a more accurate one perhaps being 'patently misconstrued') evidence of the 'chevrons' on Eddowes' face, do you have anything else on your suspect that suggests he was a member of the police force?

Yes, I do. There is very good data for this.

I think it's an interesting idea that would explain a number of things,

I see. What do you think it would explain?

which is why I'm curious as to what other evidence you have as to this theory.

3.) Can you name your suspect? If you cannot, are you endeavouring to do so via research or do you have a compelling reason to keep it under wraps?

I am afraid not. There is a final data source I want to have first.

Many thanks,
                Harriet the Student[/QUOTE

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                  Hi Pierre

I’m trying to get my head around what would motivate a police official to want to humiliate and embarrass the police force.

The most obvious one would be if he was fired or forced out from the police force, so there would be anger towards the force generally.

The other option would be if he missed out on a promotion, or was moved to another position.

A third scenario would be if he believed the Police leadership was incompetent or taking the wrong direction. Maybe this could have been directed specifically at Warren. You had previously said he was well educated and smart, so he may have been frustrated at poor leadership.

I’m still not sure what would motivate someone to see their peers humiliated in the press.

Craig
                  Hi Craig,

It was worse than that.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    Hi Craig,

It was worse than that.

Regards Pierre
                    A police official suspect with a motivation worse than:

- fired or forced out from the police force, so there would be anger towards the force generally.

- missing out on a promotion, or was moved to another position.

- believing the Police leadership was incompetent or taking the wrong direction.

There could be many other motivations, such as Pierre's suspect could have attempted to incite inter-Force rivalry (between City and the Met) to prove City was superior to the other but since Pierre didn't flat out call the above wrong, but rather merely 'worse', it leads me to ponder that the general notion is right, but the focus is not.

Therefore, with other pieces of information, something worse than the motivations above is that it was one of the leadership (City or Met) itself that Pierre believes was responsible. Which, obviously, would be enough to 'rock' the Ripperology world.

Yours,
                    Mister Whitechapel
                    Last edited by Mister Whitechapel; 12-29-2015, 06:16 AM. Reason: Clarity that it's not my theory I subscribe to

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Whitechapel View Post
                      A police official suspect with a motivation worse than:

- fired or forced out from the police force, so there would be anger towards the force generally.

- missing out on a promotion, or was moved to another position.

- believing the Police leadership was incompetent or taking the wrong direction.

There could be many other motivations, such as Pierre's suspect could have attempted to incite inter-Force rivalry (between City and the Met) to prove City was superior to the other but since Pierre didn't flat out call the above wrong, but rather merely 'worse', it leads me to ponder that the general notion is right, but the focus is not.

Therefore, with other pieces of information, something worse than the motivations above is that it was one of the leadership (City or Met) itself that Pierre believes was responsible. Which, obviously, would be enough to 'rock' the Ripperology world.

Yours,
                      Mister Whitechapel
                      Told you.

It's MM who had been denied appointment, so wanted to show how useless the bosses were so they'd give him a gong, and of course he promptly solved it with the Memo.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• lets wait Gut, it does fit in so well with something else

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                          lets wait Gut, it does fit in so well with something else
                          With what?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            With what?

Regards, Pierre
                            With our evidence
                            “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

• So anyway

We aren't back at "Gramptonite rhymes with kryptonite" are we? If so may I order finger sandwiches & a fine bottle of Pol Roger's Churchill whilst I wait in the nose-bleed seats or down in the swamps??
                              Last edited by Rosemary; 12-29-2015, 02:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
                              From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                              "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                                With our evidence
                                I don't have any evidence, only data.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X