No announcement yet.

Macnaghten as a suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arguing on the internet is SO pointless.

Comment

Is that the five minute arguement or the full half hour

Comment

Ho ho ho

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
          Are you disputing the Oxford English dictionary Norder?
          He aint gonna reply to you, he's got you on "ignore" - the definition of ignore that is appropriate in this situation and not any old definition you decide to use.

And I believe that Dan is in the states, whereas I'm in Sunny Brighton, but if you want to fling around random accusations.... Oh you've been doing that for a while now
          Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
          Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

If you wish to try and imply that the word 'Ignore' means something completely different in casebook terms that is up to you...

However i took the word to mean exactly what it says on the tin...

What the Norder took the word to mean you can only hazard a guess at because as you say 'you are in Sunny brighton' and I had no way of knowing that, as your profile dosn't say where you are....

However I have more respect than to call you a liar Victor, I will take you at your word...

Until Norder actually responds we don't know what he meant by the term 'Ignore" perhaps he thought it something completely different..

The problem you have Victor is that you are in a catch twenty two..if the Norder does respond he is as they say RESPONDING..

So it looks like that arguement is over unless you wish to dabble in contradiction

Enjoy sunny Brighton..I might be a Devils Dyke tomorrow if you fancy paragliding?

Pirate

Comment

No clarification necessary we know exactly what Dan means and check out your post #48:-

Luckily enough he currently has me on his ‘ignore’ setting which means that he is unable to read this post! I’m invisible to him . Which is excellent because I can now point out his errors to people without him realizing that I am doing it….
              Oh dear are you contradicting yourself again or is it Paul Begg responding AGAIN. You do know what it means and are just arguing for the sake of it. Until now I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you are clearly proving Dan right.

And post #70 clearly shows you what it looks like.

So that's conclusive proved "Pirate Jack" aka Jeff is an argumentative twit, who doesn't know when to quit even when you quote his own words back at him. I no longer need to reply. 'Tis done.

ps Enjoy Devils Dyke, unfortunately I can't make it I've got work.
              Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

This is just contradiction Victor..

The word 'Ignore' means 'Ignore" if you push a button that says 'ignore' you are 'Ignoring" it still means the same thing...

And what does Paul Begg have to do with all this?

I think your clarsping at straws now but carry on contradicting if you wish...and before you like Norder claim unfair...remember you started this 'Argument/contradiction' I am simply RESPONDING

Pirate

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                  The word 'Ignore' means 'Ignore"
                  depending upon context.

if you push a button that says 'ignore' you are 'Ignoring" it still means the same thing...
                  Completely wrong. If you push a button it fulfils it's function irrespective of what it's labelled

And what does Paul Begg have to do with all this?
                  That was a riposte for you impling I was Norder - but then you did actually reply as Begg at one point.

I think your clarsping at straws now but carry on contradicting if you wish...and before you like Norder claim unfair...remember you started this 'Argument/contradiction' I am simply RESPONDING

Pirate

Comment

Victor a Duck is a Duck, it doesn't have a propensity to be a penguin.

Norder claimed to be "Ignoring me" he put me on 'ignore' he RESPONDED.

Which meant he was NOT ignoring me, It really is very simple. If he choose to do that via you, the queen or anybody else..he responded.

One either chooses to ignore someone or one does NOT.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything else or anybody else, so stop trying to change the debate and move the goal posts....

stick to the Duck

Pirate

Comment

• Jeff, do us a favour, mate, put Norder on ignore, neither you nor him read anything quoting the other, and maybe the rest of us can get on.

This time yesterday I was finding all this quite entertaining, but 24 hours later the novelty has worn off and it's all a bit silly, and not in a good, Graham Chapman in a general's uniform sort of way. Let's get back to the subject at hand, shall we, rather than quoting dictionaries at each other and splitting hairs to no good end?

B.
                      Bailey
                      Wellington, New Zealand
                      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

• Its Fair comment Bailey...however I do not need a button with 'Ignore' written on it to know what the word means. I can just as easily use the space between me two ears to do that..

However Victor here has me intregued..how does the Norder get someone to put their neck on the line for him? facsinating...

So i tell you what I'm prepared to do. To save you all this tedious debate with Victor...which I might add is not of my choosing or making, I have clearly been forced into a position that I would rather not be in, my quarrel is ONLY with Norder..I tell ya me plan

I am prepareed to meet Victor half way...as he clearly lives close to me (kent/Brighton), and discuss the matter over a civilized pint..thus sparing casebook this excruciating debate about the painfully obvious..

So what you say Victor, take up an old Pirates challenge and meet...man to man?

Good night to you all The wind is in me sails...

The Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                          Victor a Duck is a Duck, it doesn't have a propensity to be a penguin.
                          Come on Jeff, your not telling me that bobbing down your head is the same as being out for zero at cricket are you?

Seriously - let's take this to PM and leave everyone else alone, and I'm up for it if you fancy a pint.

Comment

• Excellent Victor

I really must get some done work today and i'm certain casebook will breath a sigh of relief..I will PM you later..

At least you've got a sense of humour and you have demonstrated that you are a gentleman. I'm sure we will have much in common..

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by STRONG View Post
                              IT'S BECAUSE OF THESE XENOPHOB PEOPLE THAT WARS DO EXIST !
                              :
                              What an elevated thought!
                              Wait, I have another for you:

"The atomic bomb,
                              It is not good, it is not good..."

I admit it's not from Shakespeare, but at least you may understand.

ps: my kindest regards to the Dalai Lama

Comment

• Déjà fait !

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                                Salut Crochet,

En fait, je crois qu'elle aimerait que son Macnaghten soit classé parmi les suspects,
                                Amitiés,
                                David

Déjà fait ! Son suspect est dans un grand musée de Londres (Docklands) !

Bien comique tous ces échanges pitoyables... Quelle distraction !

Comment

Working...
                                X