I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Or none of the above because I dont really have a suspect and am hear to play cat and mouse?
    Or none of the above because Iīm doing science and not fiction.

Thatīs the point in saying I think I have found him. There is evidence.

And until the evidence is complete and I can say I know I have found him, I wonīt write fiction.

Pierre

Comment

• You're ignoring me again Pierre. I wonder why?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;353830]
        Originally posted by tji View Post
        And what do you actually mean by "help"?

Pierre

Pierre
        Any kind of help! Simply ask for some help on a specific aspect of your research and someone will offer you his help.

For example, I mentioned in an other thread that I needed someone to validate the historical context in the JTR novel I'm about to complete. Guess what? The same day I received a PM telling me that two well known ripperologists would be pleased to help me in doing so.

With all due respect, I see a bit of arrogance in the way you introduced the thread and respond. There's no problem per se in wanting to do your research all on your own, but then usually people working that way don't talk about it until they've finished. Otherwise many will laugh at your pretentions of having found JTR.

Cheers,

Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Edited Doublon

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
            You're ignoring me again Pierre. I wonder why?
            Hi Belinda,

Iīm not ignoring you, just beeing terribly busy. What was the question again?

Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hercule Poirot;353850]
              Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Any kind of help! Simply ask for some help on a specific aspect of your research and someone will offer you his help.

For example, I mentioned in an other thread that I needed someone to validate the historical context in the JTR novel I'm about to complete. Guess what? The same day I received a PM telling me that two well known ripperologists would be pleased to help me in doing so.

With all due respect, I see a bit of arrogance in the way you introduced the thread and respond. There's no problem per se in wanting to do your research all on your own, but then usually people working that way don't talk about it until they've finished. Otherwise many will laugh at your pretentions of having found JTR.

Cheers,

Hercule Poirot
              Hi,

Well, it sounds interesting that people are willing to help but right now I just have one rather simple task to perform and must do it myself. And Iīm not writing a novel, although I understand that you are only exemplifying with your own work.

To seem even more arrogant: Didnīt Christ promise his followers the kingdom of heaven - and what if he had kept silent?

Donīt get me wrong now: Iīm no Christ. Iīm a simple but honest researcher. And I just wanted to tell everyone that there actually might be a chance to reveal the killer. And that I think that I have found him.

Pierre

Comment

• Well all that remains to be said then Pierre, is Good luck.
                Regards Richard,

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                  Well all that remains to be said then Pierre, is Good luck.
                  Regards Richard,
                  Well, Richard, what can I say. Iīm so tired of this case but have to go on. And he, the killer, consumes my time.

Perhaps the worst thing of all: if I get conclusive evidence I will have to write a book. I donīt want to.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;353863]
                    Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post

Hi,

Well, it sounds interesting that people are willing to help but right now I just have one rather simple task to perform and must do it myself. And Iīm not writing a novel, although I understand that you are only exemplifying with your own work.

To seem even more arrogant: Didnīt Christ promise his followers the kingdom of heaven - and what if he had kept silent?

Donīt get me wrong now: Iīm no Christ. Iīm a simple but honest researcher. And I just wanted to tell everyone that there actually might be a chance to reveal the killer. And that I think that I have found him.

Pierre
                    That's fine, Pierre-- get back to us when you've done that task and found your information.

I know you're not Christ, but if I may continue the analogy: Christ's speeches gave some people hope, irritated others (who thought he was an egotistical man), attracted skeptics and doubters (who called for proof that he was who he said He was), and, well... You know how His story ended. It's all a matter of faith, really, isn't it?

(For the record, I am interested, open-minded, but also skeptical...)
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pcdunn;353866]
                      Originally posted by Pierre View Post

That's fine, Pierre-- get back to us when you've done that task and found your information.

I know you're not Christ, but if I may continue the analogy: Christ's speeches gave some people hope, irritated others (who thought he was an egotistical man), attracted skeptics and doubters (who called for proof that he was who he said He was), and, well... You know how His story ended. It's all a matter of faith, really, isn't it?

(For the record, I am interested, open-minded, but also skeptical...)
                      Well, we will just have to wait for my crucifixion then. And that is why I say I think I have found him. Christ didnīt give the impression (in the new testament, which is only copies of copies and have tens of thousands of mistakes in them) that he thought there was a kingdom, but that he knew it. And you donīt have to wait until after death to get the answer.

No, itīs not a matter of faith. That is just some hopeless idea.

It is a matter of science. We must know, or else we cannot believe. I have great respect for history and donīt want to misinterpret the past. Iīd rather stay silent.

But I actually think that I might have found this serial killer and when I say think I have very good reasons. So I hope - or maybe not (!) - Iīll be able to present him to you all as soon as my homework is done.

Regards Pierre

Comment

• I wish you good luck.
                        Respectfully yours
                        Hercule Poirot.

Comment

• Pierre what exactly is your interest in Serial Killers? Where you researching another Serial Killer when you discovered this information?

Comment

• I look forward to your theory. Will you be publishing, releasing information via a magazine, or working on a documentary to release your findings?
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                              Oh, did we just see an 'if' in the sentence there Pierre? But yet you 'think you have found him'.
                              I'm pretty sure that if any of the Ripperologists on here were convinced that they had the right suspect they would find the time to get that last missing data. So many people have devoted sleepless nights and foresaken holidays to get their theories in print/published.
                              I'm sorry but it just sounds very odd that you claim to have found Jack but don't have the time to finish your research.
                              A little late to start back-peddling don't you think?

Amanda
                              Someone else who would fail a basic verbal reasoning test.

As Pierre has said many times, and you even quote him saying it above, he only 'thinks' he has found the killer, so 'if' he has done so would be perfectly correct in that context.

When others put words in his mouth and make him 'claim to have found Jack', so they can trample all over his use of 'if', they only make fools of themselves.

Is it really only me?

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                                I look forward to your theory. Will you be publishing, releasing information via a magazine, or working on a documentary to release your findings?
                                Hi Mike,

havenīt got a clue. Not planning for writing yet, collecting evidence.

I guess when we get to know who he was, people will not be so interested in this anymore.

Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X