Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Belinda,

Sorry I didnīt answer, it wasnīt by ignorance.

1. How long time do you think he would need to clean up?

2. Where do you think he could have deposited trophies after Stride?

3. Witnesses often "saw" a man with a bag in connection with the murders: would it be strategic for him to look like that?

The reason why it was of such importance to him: What happened after the murders in London?

If you think that Jack the Ripper was very intelligent you have to follow that hypothesis all the way.

Pierre
    Thank You for your reply.

Elisabeth Stride was found at 1 00 am.The last sighting of Catharine Eddowes was at 1 35am. It has been postulated that due to the manner in which he killed the women he would not have been "covered" in blood. He may even have worn gloves to keep blood from getting on his hands. At any rate he would not have needed more than ,say, five minutes to clean any blood off his hands.

What happened in London after the murders? Again you are asking me questions. I do not know of anything of great significance. You are the one claiming knowledge not me.

I do not believe Jack The Ripper was very intelligent. I believe that he possessed more what I would describe as native cunning not actual intelligence.

Comment

• 'Put up or shut up' is the phrase that comes to mind.

Comment

Hi Belinda,

Sorry I didnīt answer, it wasnīt by ignorance.

1. How long time do you think he would need to clean up?

2. Where do you think he could have deposited trophies after Stride?

3. Witnesses often "saw" a man with a bag in connection with the murders: would it be strategic for him to look like that?

The reason why it was of such importance to him: What happened after the murders in London?

If you think that Jack the Ripper was very intelligent you have to follow that hypothesis all the way.

Pierre
        Hello Pierre

Baguettes aside, to summarise: you have evidence which points clearly to the killer but need something more before you can say definitely that you have the killer. He/she had a purpose with the killings and the dates were significant. He/she was also responsible for the torso killings. He was not called Jack (that much is clear, he calls it his "work" name). Revealing his name will cause trouble. (Here I think you are underestimating the British). Trouble for whoever reveals the truth, or trouble for someone else? And there was a reason for stopping which had nothing to do with lunacy. Also something changed because of the murders (shades of G B Shaw here perhaps?).

I agree that getting as close to the event as possible is crucial. Also there are many documents missing. Have you perchance happened upon one of them?

I look forward to seeing how this evolves. You have certainly caught our attention!

Best wishes
        C4

PS Swedish?

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
          Thank You for your reply.

Elisabeth Stride was found at 1 00 am.The last sighting of Catharine Eddowes was at 1 35am. It has been postulated that due to the manner in which he killed the women he would not have been "covered" in blood. He may even have worn gloves to keep blood from getting on his hands. At any rate he would not have needed more than ,say, five minutes to clean any blood off his hands.

What happened in London after the murders? Again you are asking me questions. I do not know of anything of great significance. You are the one claiming knowledge not me.

I do not believe Jack The Ripper was very intelligent. I believe that he possessed more what I would describe as native cunning not actual intelligence.
          Yes, some suppose that the killings could have been performed without bloodstains. But certainly not the mutilations. So he avoided those before searching for the next victim.

This night he got both the Metropolitan and the City police to come after him. That is what happened in London after the murders.

Pierre

Comment

Yes, some suppose that the killings could have been performed without bloodstains. But certainly not the mutilations. So he avoided those before searching for the next victim.

This night he got both the Metropolitan and the City police to come after him. That is what happened in London after the murders.

Pierre
            Why is that important? Are you saying he wanted to get caught?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post
              Hello Pierre

Baguettes aside, to summarise: you have evidence which points clearly to the killer but need something more before you can say definitely that you have the killer. He/she had a purpose with the killings and the dates were significant. He/she was also responsible for the torso killings. He was not called Jack (that much is clear, he calls it his "work" name). Revealing his name will cause trouble. (Here I think you are underestimating the British). Trouble for whoever reveals the truth, or trouble for someone else? And there was a reason for stopping which had nothing to do with lunacy. Also something changed because of the murders (shades of G B Shaw here perhaps?).

I agree that getting as close to the event as possible is crucial. Also there are many documents missing. Have you perchance happened upon one of them?

I look forward to seeing how this evolves. You have certainly caught our attention!

Best wishes
              C4

PS Swedish?
              Hi C4,

I have data that can be connected to him for two of the so called torso mysteries, the ones 1888 and 1889. It is hard to speak of missing documents since we donīt really know anything about them, itīs a bit like speaking of "the silence of sources".

Revealing the killer will cause trouble for someone else.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
                Why is that important? Are you saying he wanted to get caught?
                Belinda,

one must think very carefully about your question. It is an important one.

Did he want to be caught? Why?/Why not?
                Did he think he could be caught? Why/ Why not?
                Could he gain or loose anything by being caught?
                What could have happened if he was being caught?
                And if he wasn't?

I don't mean for you to answer these questions. But if you really want to know the answer of your own question, start researching on it. Because it is important.

Pierre

Comment

Hi C4,

I have data that can be connected to him for two of the so called torso mysteries, the ones 1888 and 1889. It is hard to speak of missing documents since we donīt really know anything about them, itīs a bit like speaking of "the silence of sources".

Revealing the killer will cause trouble for someone else.

Pierre
                  Fisherman ?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                    I'm awaiting Pierre's developments with baited breath.

Comment

The main thing I can think of that changed in London after the murders was the Cleveland Street scandal, and several years later Prince Eddy dies and his brother is then in direct line to become King.

Comment

• Did the event referred as happening "after the murders in London" mean strictly chronological "after the murders" or more specifically "in London"? -- because it could be read either way.

After the Whitchapel Murders, there was attention drawn to the crowded living conditions for the poor of London.
                        Social welfare movements arose, including the women's suffrage movement.
                        The Age of Victoria ended, and the Edwardian era began.
                        Ireland became a Republic (well, most of it, anyway).
                        The First World War began.
                        Social classes began dissolving amid the post-war turmoil and economic problems, eventually leading to a Second World War.
                        Then the Blitz of London...And so on... How specific must we be?

Interesting thought experiment, all the same.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

• From the OP my spider sense was saying Forbes Winslow

Comment

Belinda,

one must think very carefully about your question. It is an important one.

Did he want to be caught? Why?/Why not?
                            Did he think he could be caught? Why/ Why not?
                            Could he gain or loose anything by being caught?
                            What could have happened if he was being caught?
                            And if he wasn't?

I don't mean for you to answer these questions. But if you really want to know the answer of your own question, start researching on it. Because it is important.

Pierre
                            Well f he wanted to be caught he did a pretty poor job of it.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Pierre,
                              What type of evidence will you be providing? Perhaps the only type today that might be overwhelming would be the confessional.We have had a taste of that, supposedly from the killer himself.W hat is left is a confession by a witness who did not come forward at the time.Perhaps one might surface in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                                'Put up or shut up' is the phrase that comes to mind.
                                Sounds like an idea.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X