No announcement yet.

Was The Ripper A Police Official?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the ripper a police official ? YES !! Don't ask me why it's just a hunch !!

All the best,

Niko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
      I'm very aware of the Cooke case Jeff, as I've just written about him for the new book and visited the SOC last summer. .

I should have included " and get away with it" at the end. Cooke was bought to justice via his vigilant landlady, as he tried to bury his truncheon.

It would have only been a matter of time for Cooke to have been bought to justice. As his appointment was unaccounted for, and suspicion was already being drawn before the landlady reported what she saw.

The fact the Whitechapel murders covers 3 jurisdictions, does not support an on duty constable as Jack. The double event especially draws its own issues with such a theory as even reserves were drawn upon.

And a singular murder is not comparable to a series.

Pierres theory needs to address these issues, and many more. Time will tell if he/she can. So far, based on what has been presented, I say Pierre cannot. It flounders on three points already. And one serious one.

That being, and as shown by David and Steve, Pierre is ignorant of Police procedure of the period.

Monty
      Hi Monty,

Yes, I am ignorant of police procedure. But the killer wasn´t.

And I do not compare the case to single murder cases, if you somehow got that idea from not reading what I write.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by niko View Post
        Was the ripper a police official ? YES !! Don't ask me why it's just a hunch !!

All the best,

Niko.
        Hi Niko,

Since you say yes, why?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          Hi Monty,

And I do not compare the case to single murder cases, if you somehow got that idea from not reading what I write.

Regards, Pierre
          Hi Pierre,

But if he was familiar with police procedures, why do you say he selected Mitre Square? I mean, it was regularly patrolled, every few minutes, by two officers so, from that perspective, was one of the worse places he could have chosen.

And how would a Met officer be familiar with City Police procedures,and vice versa?

Comment

I'm very aware of the Cooke case Jeff, as I've just written about him for the new book and visited the SOC last summer. .

I should have included " and get away with it" at the end. Cooke was bought to justice via his vigilant landlady, as he tried to bury his truncheon.

It would have only been a matter of time for Cooke to have been bought to justice. As his appointment was unaccounted for, and suspicion was already being drawn before the landlady reported what she saw.

The fact the Whitechapel murders covers 3 jurisdictions, does not support an on duty constable as Jack. The double event especially draws its own issues with such a theory as even reserves were drawn upon.

And a singular murder is not comparable to a series.

Pierres theory needs to address these issues, and many more. Time will tell if he/she can. So far, based on what has been presented, I say Pierre cannot. It flounders on three points already. And one serious one.

That being, and as shown by David and Steve, Pierre is ignorant of Police procedure of the period.

Monty
            Hi Monty,

Sorry I did not response yesterday. I don't know if it will help you but I did write an article about the Cooke Case that was published. In the "Journal of the Police History Society" Number 13 1998 there is an article by me entitled, "The Murder of Wormwood Scrubbs" (pages 8 to 12), that deals with the tragedy of P.C. George Samuel Cooke. If you find it, maybe you'll find it of interest.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Monty,

Regards, Pierre
              You certainly believe in overkill. Monty himself mentioned that a single case (Cooke's murder of his ex-girlfriend, the prostitute Maud Smith), was not comparable to a series of crimes. Also he was addressing me NOT YOU !! You do love to throw yourself into the middle of things apparently. Something of a narcissist there.

By the way, why do you insist on suggesting JTR is a "Vampire"? I realize that he/she once MAY HAVE eaten part of a stolen human kidney, but there is no real proof of that. Certainly there is no known acknowledgement of the Ripper that he/she drank human blood. To put this into perspective for you, a student of serial killing, John George Haigh acknowledged or claimed he drank the blood of his victims (as well as their and his urine), but that may have been a ploy to suggest that he was crazy. Where does this "Vampire" stuff come from? You even make it sound like he still alive and kicking (as any good little Vampire might be). I tend to think not - interest in the case today, 128 years later, does not create a Vampire except perhaps in small minds of pretentious intellectuals like yourself. JTR would most likely have been dead (for a good many years) by 1960. Hardly a Vampire.

Jeff

Comment

The fact the Whitechapel murders covers 3 jurisdictions, does not support an on duty constable as Jack.
                Even if he was a policeman, Monty, and knew the routines of the local beat officers, he had no way of knowing that he wouldn't be seen or perhaps captured as a member of the public came upon him at one of the crime scenes. Or did he have advanced knowledge of the movements of the local civilian population too?

Comment

Hi Monty,

Regards, Pierre
                  Had the killer been a member of the police (I use 'member of' so I won't slip on the police officer vs police official banana peel), given the presence of the various vigilantee groups reducing the beat time from some 15 minutes to 7-8 minutes by randomly sharing the same beat during a variable period of time, knowing police procedures could not provide, I believe, an advantage to the killer.

Don't ask me for an official or specific source, it's the interpretation I offer after reading almost every wriiten source related to Victorian police activities including the A1 reference Monty had written.

Respectfully,
                  Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                    Had the killer been a member of the police (I use 'member of' so I won't slip on the police officer vs police official banana peel), given the presence of the various vigilantee groups reducing the beat time from some 15 minutes to 7-8 minutes by randomly sharing the same beat during a variable period of time, knowing police procedures could not provide, I believe, an advantage to the killer.

Don't ask me for an official or specific source, it's the interpretation I offer after reading almost every wriiten source related to Victorian police activities including the A1 reference Monty had written.

Respectfully,
                    Hercule Poirot
                    I don't know... if he was clever (and I suspect he was), he could have synchronized his actions with the beat times of both the police and vigilante groups.

In the double event I was always puzzled how the killer had TIME to do both murders without being caught in the act of committing the second murder, he had just 14 minutes between beats, and all that after having to get from one murder site to the other and finding a victim. We don't even know if PC Edwards found the body right away or if the killer and the victim entered the square right after he left, but what if the murderer knew exactly how much time he had to perform the mutilations?

If Catherine Eddowes was last seen by 3 witnesses at 01:35 am and PC Edwards entered the square at 01:44 am, let's say the murderer had 10, 12 minutes tops (accounting for inaccuracies) to take her to the square, murder her and perform the mutilations.

Without knowledge of police routines, the killer would have to have been extremely lucky to enter the square and leave before PC Edwards got back!

I don't know if the was with the police, but if he somehow had knowledge of police routines, I think that would give him/her a very good edge!
                    Last edited by el_pombo; 01-12-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Mike,

and thanks.

But just because you find fossils that "match" the stories in Genesis does not mean there is a god.

And just because I find sources "matching" other sources in a persons life doesn´t mean he was Jack the Ripper.

Academic historians and sociologists are critical thinkers. We start by criticizing our own thinking.

And by the way. I think you should read the Dead Sea Scrolls. Most of its material date back to the exile in Babylon. And there they had a "teacher of righteousness". Do you know who he was? He was the opposite to Ezra. And his life story is the later greek construction of Jesus. So as you can see, the old testament and the new are only social political texts. And social political texts can not be found in stones.

Kind regards, Pierre
                      Pierre
                      What are you babbling about now? Jesus a Greek construction?
                      The old and new testament ONLY social political texts?

Is this more of your metaphorical circular reasoning or are you just being overly caschous?

Comment

• Originally posted by el_pombo View Post
                        I don't know... if he was clever (and I suspect he was), he could have synchronized his actions with the beat times of both the police and vigilante groups.

In the double event I was always puzzled how the killer had TIME to do both murders without being caught in the act of committing the second murder, he had just 14 minutes between beats, and all that after having to get from one murder site to the other and finding a victim. We don't even know if PC Edwards found the body right away or if the killer and the victim entered the square right after he left, but what if the murderer knew exactly how much time he had to perform the mutilations?

If Catherine Eddowes was last seen by 3 witnesses at 01:35 am and PC Edwards entered the square at 01:44 am, let's say the murderer had 10, 12 minutes tops (accounting for inaccuracies) to take her to the square, murder her and perform the mutilations.

Without knowledge of police routines, the killer would have to have been extremely lucky to enter the square and leave before PC Edwards got back!

I don't know if the was with the police, but if he somehow had knowledge of police routines, I think that would give him/her a very good edge!
                        Well Doubt he knew the exact timings of the specific beat times, but probably knew there were beats and that he maybe had 10 minutes max before a copper might appear. Or a random person. He was clever, street smart and very lucky.

Comment

Hi Monty,

Regards, Pierre
                          Erm, yeah, he was.

For reasons I posted many posts ago, and have either been missed or conveniently ignored.

The series murder investigation is really a myth. Each case should always be investigated on its own merit, with common factors between them also reviewed.

Monty
                          Last edited by Monty; 01-12-2016, 11:27 PM.
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                            Hi Monty,

Sorry I did not response yesterday. I don't know if it will help you but I did write an article about the Cooke Case that was published. In the "Journal of the Police History Society" Number 13 1998 there is an article by me entitled, "The Murder of Wormwood Scrubbs" (pages 8 to 12), that deals with the tragedy of P.C. George Samuel Cooke. If you find it, maybe you'll find it of interest.

Jeff
                            Ah, that was you? I'm a subscriber.

An excellent piece, and formed the base of my entry. You shall be fully credited Jeff.

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                              Even if he was a policeman, Monty, and knew the routines of the local beat officers, he had no way of knowing that he wouldn't be seen or perhaps captured as a member of the public came upon him at one of the crime scenes. Or did he have advanced knowledge of the movements of the local civilian population too?
                              Indeed Gary,

I'm intrigued to learn how the killer knew about the beat alterations on one of the beats where a victim was found, in a force and jurisdiction which had nothing to do with the previous murders.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

• pint

Hello Neil.

"The series murder investigation is really a myth. Each case should always be investigated on its own merit. . ."

Hmm, I owe you a pint.

Next time I'm in Leicester . . .

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X