Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 5 Documentary Tonight

Did anybody see this?

I found it interesting and would like to know what others on here think!

It's actually old, by Trevor Marriott from about 4 or 5 years ago.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I assumed it was new, never heard of this suspect before.

Should've checked that first, sorry!

Has it since been discredited?

Comment

Originally posted by Utahraptor View Post
        I assumed it was new, never heard of this suspect before.

Should've checked that first, sorry!

Has it since been discredited?
        Some would say yes, some would say no.

Here is the link to the page in the suspects thread

G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Utahraptor View Post
            Thanks a lot!
            This link will bring you bang up to date

amzn.to/1tGNEb0

Comment

I was very disappointed to see the proof of him on that ship(s) missing. I wonder who really removed it? Did someone high up in the German government get wind of this characters exploits on his travels?

Comment

A Carl Zahn

1880 US Federal Census
                New York State Emigrant Asylum

Carl Zahn Single born 1847 Germany aged 33...Insane

Cant find him elsewhere yet...

Pat.................

Comment

Hello Trevor
                  I, a newbie, saw the documentary for the first time last and enjoyed it (if 'enjoyed' is the right word). I appreciate it wasn't made recently, but I would like to ask you the following:

I'm assuming you didn't have any input into the snippets that cut to the 'dramatized' scenes of the Ripper slashing his victims throats. I assume so because, as with so many documentaries that have the Ripper killing his victims in a manner that goes against consensus, once again we had slashings that would have resulted in arterial spray when none was found. Did the producers not ask you your opinion in relation to these scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by Hair Bear View Post
                    Hello Trevor
                    I, a newbie, saw the documentary for the first time last and enjoyed it (if 'enjoyed' is the right word). I appreciate it wasn't made recently, but I would like to ask you the following:

I'm assuming you didn't have any input into the snippets that cut to the 'dramatized' scenes of the Ripper slashing his victims throats. I assume so because, as with so many documentaries that have the Ripper killing his victims in a manner that goes against consensus, once again we had slashings that would have resulted in arterial spray when none was found. Did the producers not ask you your opinion in relation to these scenes?
                    My guess is that they had a very small budget, and the scenes were probably shot at the dickens world theme park in Kent.

Reconstruction by and large is created to cover edit points. Having worked for years re-constructing murders for TV shows I think you'd be shocked how little of a production budget is devoted to such things. Even the BBC don't attempt very munch recon anymore.

This was a ZDF production, and to my knowledge not originally shown on C5, so I'm assuming there was an acquisitions deal somewhere

Yours Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                      I was very disappointed to see the proof of him on that ship(s) missing. I wonder who really removed it? Did someone high up in the German government get wind of this characters exploits on his travels?
                      I've been thinking about this, having watched the programme. I wonder, perhaps Trevor can tell us? Whether any other records are missing or is it just the one's we're interested in that are unaccounted for?

Comment

I think we have a very plausable suspect here if he could be placed in the Whitechapel area at the relevant times then we really could have exciting times ahead KEEP DIGGING.
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by PC2267 View Post
                          I've been thinking about this, having watched the programme. I wonder, perhaps Trevor can tell us? Whether any other records are missing or is it just the one's we're interested in that are unaccounted for?

Yes, I am even more disappointed by the silence here....

It makes you deduce the worst scenario doesn't it?

Comment

Exactly...

Yes, silence is golden isn't it?

Really tells you something about what records still exist, what records are missing and possibly even the records that have been seen but disprove the suspect being in Whitechapel in 1888....

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                              Yes, silence is golden isn't it?

Really tells you something about what records still exist, what records are missing and possibly even the records that have been seen but disprove the suspect being in Whitechapel in 1888....

Amanda
                              Well if thats what you think feel free to go and take a look for yourself !

Comment

Working...
                              X