Favoured Suspect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Surely Blotchy Face is likely to be a heavy drinker someone like Bury rather than Kosminski.
    I think Blotchy could be anybody so that's why I included him. And is most likely someone we don't even have a name for. But one thing is for certain is that if we believe Cox's testimony, and imo she is one of the strongest witnesses out there, he's 90% the killer of Mary Kelly and in turn the killer of the rest, so he's most likely the Ripper. He also perfectly fits the profile of what I imagine the Ripper would have been like - someone unassuming and typical of the area, but more... downtrodden. As far as him being Kosminski or not, we know next to nothing about Kosminski prior to 1891 except having a run in with the police for walking his brother's unmuzzled dog and working as a barber for a time. It's impossible to know what his build and habbits were during the Ripper killings as there's zero information, but in 1989 he at least seemed pretty functioning in his police encounter. As for Bury, I don't buy him as Blotchy at all. Namely because Cox had a good look on him and he was shaved with a thick mustache. Bury had a thick beard.

Comment

I suspect the unidentified man who accosted women in Bethnal Green Road, and was seen outside the Britannia Pub the night Kelly was murdered, is the most likely Ripper suspect.
      Some say he had strange eyes, others say he walked with a limp.
      He belongs to the middle-class like Druitt, or Neil Cream, not from the lower classes, he will not be found in a lodging house or Work house.

I accept Dr. Bond's profile of the killer.

“The murderer must have been a man of physical strength and of great coolness and daring. There is no evidence that he had an accomplice.....
      The murderer in external appearance is quite likely to be a quiet inoffensive looking man probably middleaged and neatly and respectably dressed. I think he must be in the habit of wearing a cloak or overcoat or he could hardly have escaped notice in the streets if the blood on his hands or clothes were visible.
      …..he would probably be solitary and eccentric in his habits, also he is most likely to be a man without regular occupation, but with some small income or pension. He is possibly living among respectable person's who have some knowledge of his character and habits and who may have grounds for suspicion that he is not quite right in his mind at times.”

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Unidentified and never came under suspicion.
        Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortis View Post

I think Blotchy could be anybody so that's why I included him. And is most likely someone we don't even have a name for. But one thing is for certain is that if we believe Cox's testimony, and imo she is one of the strongest witnesses out there, he's 90% the killer of Mary Kelly and in turn the killer of the rest, so he's most likely the Ripper. He also perfectly fits the profile of what I imagine the Ripper would have been like - someone unassuming and typical of the area, but more... downtrodden. As far as him being Kosminski or not, we know next to nothing about Kosminski prior to 1891 except having a run in with the police for walking his brother's unmuzzled dog and working as a barber for a time. It's impossible to know what his build and habbits were during the Ripper killings as there's zero information, but in 1989 he at least seemed pretty functioning in his police encounter. As for Bury, I don't buy him as Blotchy at all. Namely because Cox had a good look on him and he was shaved with a thick mustache. Bury had a thick beard.
          Bury had a thick beard in court. It's perfectly possible that at the time of the Ripper murders Bury just had a moustache. It's not like it takes that long to grow a beard.

Comment

My beliefs:

1. Blotchy (yet to be named) = BSM = JTR - Murderer of the C5 but Kelly wasn't the Miller's Court victim.
            2. "Astrakhan Man" = co-conspirator.
            3. Some or all of the C5 were specific targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
              Unidentified and never came under suspicion.
              My view also. I'll add that I find it incredibly unlikely that, out of the thousands of potential suspects packed into the East End, we've come across THE killer's name in any capacity - suspect, witness, passerby, whatever. Even though dozens, hundreds, of suspects have been advanced over the years, we're merely scratching the surface.

I'd say we've got more chance of finding "JTR" in the census than in any suspect list published so far.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

My view also. I'll add that I find it incredibly unlikely that, out of the thousands of potential suspects packed into the East End, we've come across THE killer's name in any capacity - suspect, witness, passerby, whatever. Even though dozens, hundreds, of suspects have been advanced over the years, we're merely scratching the surface.

I'd say we've got more chance of finding "JTR" in the census than in any suspect list published so far.
                Hi Sam

I disagree I think we are looking for someone like The Yorkshire Ripper were it mostly fits but for some reason the Police overlooked him.

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

I fully concur. You've summarised my opinion precisely.. Statistically the odds favour some nonentity who never came to be noticed.
                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post

I fully concur. You've summarised my opinion precisely.. Statistically the odds favour some nonentity who never came to be noticed.
                    Knocked that one right out of the ballpark...and Sam's comment as well
                    " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
                    Sherlock Holmes
                    ​​​​​

Comment

out of the thousands of names associated with the case surely the rippers name is in there. its possible of course that his name never came up, i just think its highly unlikely. i guess i look at the statistical argument from the way other round.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        out of the thousands of names associated with the case surely the rippers name is in there. its possible of course that his name never came up, i just think its highly unlikely. i guess i look at the statistical argument from the way other round.
                        Well said Abby.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Bury had a thick beard in court. It's perfectly possible that at the time of the Ripper murders Bury just had a moustache. It's not like it takes that long to grow a beard.
                          I agree, but that would imply a rapid change of style in a matter of 3 months. It's possible, but a bit of a stretch all things considered. There's also the fact that Cox describes the clothes of Blotchy as being shabby, like what someone from a poor background would wear, while Bury was described as being of respectable appearance. At any rate, as I said, Blotchy could be virtually anyone. His appearance suggests nothing out of the ordinary from the area - he was poor, downtrodden, lived a bad lifestyle. Fits what the Ripper most likely was, imo. If you're asking me why I put Kosminski there instead of Bury, I don't buy Bury as the Ripper really. He seems like a guy who was not all that experienced in ways of murder, judging by his wife's murder, and strikes me as a bit of a poser. A depressed, alcoholic wreck trying to garner attention to himself by "connecting" himself to the JTR legend and mystery. As I said, Kosminski from the known suspects fits the Ripper profile best, along with Jacob Levy. Someone who is rapdily deteriorating mentally, has fantasies and delusions about having to do things or people out to get him, poor and skilled with a knife and most likely has a job involving the usage of a blade.

My two cents is that Blotchy is someone who we've never even heard about, but would fit that description. The description Cox gives suggests someone who is not really taking care of himself well beyond just being poor.​

Comment

For me it's A N Other but for some reason this month I think he was 'protected' or known to the Police. Next month I will no doubt change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortis View Post

I agree, but that would imply a rapid change of style in a matter of 3 months. It's possible, but a bit of a stretch all things considered. There's also the fact that Cox describes the clothes of Blotchy as being shabby, like what someone from a poor background would wear, while Bury was described as being of respectable appearance. At any rate, as I said, Blotchy could be virtually anyone. His appearance suggests nothing out of the ordinary from the area - he was poor, downtrodden, lived a bad lifestyle. Fits what the Ripper most likely was, imo. If you're asking me why I put Kosminski there instead of Bury, I don't buy Bury as the Ripper really. He seems like a guy who was not all that experienced in ways of murder, judging by his wife's murder, and strikes me as a bit of a poser. A depressed, alcoholic wreck trying to garner attention to himself by "connecting" himself to the JTR legend and mystery. As I said, Kosminski from the known suspects fits the Ripper profile best, along with Jacob Levy. Someone who is rapdily deteriorating mentally, has fantasies and delusions about having to do things or people out to get him, poor and skilled with a knife and most likely has a job involving the usage of a blade.

My two cents is that Blotchy is someone who we've never even heard about, but would fit that description. The description Cox gives suggests someone who is not really taking care of himself well beyond just being poor.​
                              I don't buy Kosminski as the Ripper at all. Its worth noting that Bury fits all the psych profiles of the Ripper better than any other suspect. I don't know what profiles you are referring to but as I said Kosminski just doesn't seem like the Ripper and neither does Levy.

Comment

Working...
                              X