The Missing Evidence II - New Ripper Documentary - Aug 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hill806 View Post
    Just 1 question, we know that Paul and Lechmere did not know each other before this encounter, meaning this couldn’t have been the usual route Paul or Lechmere, or maybe even both of them took. If they had of, they would have most likely encountered each other before. So if this is the case, what do you think made Paul or Lech choose this more dangerous route on this occasion? If this was not Lechmere’s usual route, then it was awfully bad luck that the 1 time he did choose a different route, he discovers a dead body.
    Lechmere had moved to 22 Doveton Street in May of that year. Based on the times they had to start work, it appears Lechmere was running later than Paul. That makes it likely that on most days, neither would have encountered the other, with Lechmere several blocks ahead of Paul.

Paul thought it was a dangerous route, but used it anyway. We don't know if Lechmere considered it a dangerous route. Perhaps he hadn't been in the neighborhood long enough to hear the reputation of Buck's Row. Perhaps, he had, but didn't care. Lechmerians are fond of pointing out that Charles Lechmere grew up in the far more dangerous Tiger Bay area. Bucks Row might have felt safe and secure in comparison. Or perhaps the danger was in Robert Paul's mind - no one else seemed to think Bucks Row had an especially unsavory reputation.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Hi Hill,

In addition to what Geddy said about this, there's also the fact that the 7 minute time gap assumes that Paul's estimate for when he entered Buck's Row is accurate, even though it is at odds with 3 other witnesses. If we think the 3 witnesses are more likely to be right than Paul, which must be the case, then Paul arrived in Buck's Row about 5 minutes earlier than he thought he did.

Hi Lewis. Thanks for replying.

I agree, with Paul’s single recollection weighing in against the witness statements of ‘THREE’ other statements, ones that differ from his regarding the time, then it’s more likely that Paul’s time had to be incorrect and so he did in fact arrive 5 minutes earlier. This to me, kind of removes Lechmere from the guillotine that Stowe and Holmgren have put him in.

I think that Lechmere is very unlikely to be MJK's killer, but it seems that here you're figuring that there are just 2 possibilities: either Hutchinson killed MJK, or his testimony is accurate. There's at least one other possibility: he didn't kill MJK, but nonetheless, his testimony isn't very reliable. The reason I would give for why Lechmere is unlikely to be her killer is that I think it's unlikely that MJK's TOD was early enough that Lechmere could have killed her, performed all the mutilations, and still gotten to work by 4:00. Chapman' death also is hard to reconcile with Lechmere being the Ripper, as 3 witnesses appear to establish her TOD as being after Lechmere was at work.[/QUOTE]

I admit, after watching TME docc years ago for the first time, I was left leaning heavily on side of the Lechmere theory. However, after looking into the details of it more and more, I discovered many flaws and issues. 1 of them for me was in regards to the MJK murder, and others being him killing on the way to work. This would mean he would be carrying the organs while at work, (eew) or shoving them in a locker at work. Anyway, like you, I just can’t picture him being the killer either.

As for Hutchinson, I do find his story quite extravagant and crammed to the brim with details. So I agree, it is certainly possible he was not being honest to some capacity. If he was lying then why I wonder? Hutchinson being the killer also seems extremely unlikely due to his standing outside. No one would stand outside of a victims lodgings if they had just killed someone, whether than be an hour like he mentioned in his testimony, or several minutes and he’d lied. It also makes little sense to murder someone after you’ll have just been seen by another person. The only theories I can come up with regarding Hutchinson was that he was a lookout for the actual killer, or he was partially being truthful and was waiting in order to mug the rich client. If he was genuinely concerned about MJK, why wait for an hour in the cold and just leave? He was already apparently suspicious of the client so wouldn’t he have peaked through her window or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

If it was likely that Mizen took down details in his notebook then surely he would have taken Cross and Paul’s name’s too? Or is he just being selective on what details he chooses to believe? The very thought.
        Picking of the cherries, picking of the cherries

Comment

• So…

The ‘provable’ gap is a proven invention - so we can cross that off.
          The name thing is a proven non-issue - so we can cross that off.
          The medical evidence shows only that Nichols was killed not long before Paul arrived - so we can cross that off.
          The ‘Mizen Scam’ is a scam which raises a very simple misunderstanding to conspiracy theory level - so we can cross that off.
          The geographical angle simply adds humour to the dodginesss.
          And for him to have been the killer he’d have had to have been unique in the annals of crime.

Cross is the least suspicious suspect ever. It’s about time a few people started admitting their own guilt in deliberately framing a case against him. And they should certainly do the decent thing and disband the Lechmere Social Media Fan Club.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
          X