Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

try the creative writing thread
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

I mean, I think he can. I don't have any firm statistics on this, so don't take me as presenting this as fact and "this could never happen", this is just musing. But I was sitting here trying to think of serial murder cases where the perpetrator was known to the police in an innocent capacity, and recorded in the official papers, BEFORE they were caught or suspected as being the killer. And I really can't think of one. The only one that comes to mind is Gary Ridgeway, and he was known to the police as a suspect for ...decades? before being conclusively identified. I mean they collected DNA samples from him in like... 1980-something that didn't lead to his arrest until the 2000's. But he was always a suspect. So by that the only suspects would be Druitt, Kosminski, Ostrog... and I don't think any of them were the killer.
          Hi Ally

I believe Ted Bundy was a suspect in some of his earlier murders and was pulled up in his car at one point were the police found some incriminating evidence but not enough to charge him with.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

Hi Ally

I believe Ted Bundy was a suspect in some of his earlier murders and was pulled up in his car at one point were the police found some incriminating evidence but not enough to charge him with.
            Geesh, how do I forget Bundy. You are right, we've got Bundy fit up for suspect before his arrest too. The problem is of course, I still don't believe any of the people put forth as suspects in the Ripper case did it so it would have to be a witness, or other "innocently" mentioned in connection with the case. But Bundy would "kind of" qualify for "innocent" mention, he was if I remember correctly mentioned because he had the same kind of car that had been consistently reported in the attacks. And the police dismissed him, because of course, no fine clean cut All American college boy would be out there doing that. It's amazing what you can get away with if you're pretty.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

try the creative writing thread
              If this were the standard, all suspect theorizing would be in the Creative Writing thread. The Lechmere suspect most assuredly would.

Hmm....

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

At least 5 sentences are fact.

2nd and 4th also have support.
                None of it is evidence he was Jack the Ripper though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

None of it is evidence he was Jack the Ripper though.
                  That post was a reply to Wickerman regarding cessation of murders after Mary Kelly.

I have much more than that and have posted most of it before.
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

To my mind, the three most viable candidates are Kozminski, Druitt and Blotchy.

Although I do think that the killer was probably Blotchy.

Nothing dramatic here, just a psychopathic, broad shouldered local man who probably died soon after the Kelly murder.

In relation to my last point, has anyone researched suicides of men in the Whitechapel area in the six months after the Kelly murder?

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Nothing dramatic here, just a psychopathic, broad shouldered local man who probably died soon after the Kelly murder.

In relation to my last point, has anyone researched suicides of men in the Whitechapel area in the six months after the Kelly murder?
                      Actually yes, monthly figures for suicides were published in the press.
                      We did this on one of the last Druitt threads as part of the rational against Macnaghten just picking Druitt because he killed himself. There were plenty of others to choose from if Macnaghten simply wanted to pin the crimes on a recent suicide.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Actually yes, monthly figures for suicides were published in the press.
                        We did this on one of the last Druitt threads as part of the rational against Macnaghten just picking Druitt because he killed himself. There were plenty of others to choose from if Macnaghten simply wanted to pin the crimes on a recent suicide.
                        Thanks for this Wick.

If the killer was a local man, I think it distinctly possible/probable* (* delete where applicable) that his death would be recorded among those local men who died, possibly by suicide, in the six months since the Kelly murder.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

It is worth noting that Bury had powerfully built arms and shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

It is worth noting that Bury had powerfully built arms and shoulders.
                            something else i noticed when looking at the medical reports, as well as the wounds to her lower parts that are described identically to those on eddowes, bury also stabbed ellen once in each groin, i believe eddowes was also stabbed in the groin and wasn't something similar done to tabram or am i mistaken?

also look at bury's lifestyle - wandering, multiple addresses (as found out by the police), petty crime (theft), habitually abusive, explosive temper, cunning, knife carrier, prostitute user, range of low skilled jobs - from all of which he was sacked (despite apparently being very intelligent). I've seen a few docus lately and bury's life matches some known serial killers well - there is a reason he is such a good match to profiles of the killer.

Also, at one level, not the top level, the police fully believed bury was the killer. They found out he was missing from his lodgings on the dates in questions, acted suspiciously and had the opportunity to commit the crimes. what else are we looking for than a confirmed mutilator that has a range of genuine red flags (i mean proper red flags (murder/mutliation), not red flags that aren't red flags (lech).
                            Last edited by Aethelwulf; 10-26-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

something else i noticed when looking at the medical reports, as well as the wounds to her lower parts that are described identically to those on eddowes, bury also stabbed ellen once in each groin, i believe eddowes was also stabbed in the groin and wasn't something similar done to tabram or am i mistaken?

also look at bury's lifestyle - wandering, multiple addresses (as found out by the police), petty crime (theft), habitually abusive, explosive temper, cunning, knife carrier, prostitute user, range of low skilled jobs - from all of which he was sacked (despite apparently being very intelligent). I've seen a few docus lately and bury's life matches some known serial killers well - there is a reason he is such a good match to profiles of the killer.

Also, at one level, not the top level, the police fully believed bury was the killer. They found out he was missing from his lodgings on the dates in questions, acted suspiciously and had the opportunity to commit the crimes. what else are we looking for than a confirmed mutilator that has a range of genuine red flags (i mean proper red flags (murder/mutliation), not red flags that aren't red flags (lech).
                              hi wulf
                              yes Tabram had one cut to the "privates" as i beleive it was described.

and yes Bury makes a good suspect-hes in my top three. and if we only go with named suspects that would exclude my number two-Blotchy and Bury would then be my number two.
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi wulf
                                yes Tabram had one cut to the "privates" as i beleive it was described.

and yes Bury makes a good suspect-hes in my top three. and if we only go with named suspects that would exclude my number two-Blotchy and Bury would then be my number two.
                                I can't agree with that. on the one hand you have a man we know absolutely nothing about and there is no real reason to be suspicious about (also he becomes irrelevant because of Aman IMO), on the other hand you have a brutal misogynist with the same signature as the ripper missing from his lodgings in the east end on the relevant dates and who the police thought was the killer. same would apply to any other suspect - including Hutch - why would anyone consider someone who gave a witness statement a better suspect that a brutal killer. Totally illogical.

Comment

Working...
                                X