Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

You will find what you are looking for here:

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards: Archive through October 22, 2003

Warren believed the femur had been split.
    Very interesting. Before my time on here!
    (Ha, was Blotchy carrying a hatchet in that beer pail??)
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Hmmm.... What if Hutchinson WAS Blochy, he made up the story of watching Mary Jane's house out of whole cloth, as well as the story of Astrakan Man, and was taking his time after MJK fell asleep. ( Just a speculation. Ignore if silly.)
      Well who knows? Whatever happened at Miller's Count, I believe a certain amount of misdirection was involved. Ooh err...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleary was connected to the Torso murders. Perhaps he resented the attention JtR was receiving, so tried drumming up interest in his own work.

Doubt he was Jack, though.
        Yes Cleary needs to be looked at for the Torso Murders. Although I also think Wentworth Bellsmith should be looked at for some of the Torso Murders too.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Yes Cleary needs to be looked at for the Torso Murders. Although I also think Wentworth Bellsmith should be looked at for some of the Torso Murders too.
          jerry dunlop has Wildbore as a possible suspect for the whitehall torso. his research turned up some pretty intriguing links.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

jerry dunlop has Wildbore as a possible suspect for the whitehall torso. his research turned up some pretty intriguing links.
            Wildbore is a very interesting character.
            Last edited by MrBarnett; 08-26-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Was George Arthur FFrench,George Hutchinson?

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                Was George Arthur FFrench,George Hutchinson?
                Was Stephen Maywood?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Was Stephen Maywood?

Did Mary Kelly know anyone who was capable of extreme violence towards women? Someone who might have had a grudge against her?
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 08-26-2021, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Did Mary Kelly know anyone who was capable of extreme violence towards women? Someone who might have had a grudge against her?
                    And did that person have an associate with a connection to Romford?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Thanks Abby. Yes there are a few characters who need looking into for the Torso Murders.

Comment

• Was George Hutchinson George Hutchinson?

Comment

• He was a sailor,not a plumber.
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleary was connected to the Torso murders. Perhaps he resented the attention JtR was receiving, so tried drumming up interest in his own work.

Doubt he was Jack, though.
                            Interesting to me, maybe you too, that the same one upsmanship was recently mentioned in a serial killer special featuring BTK and Bundy. They also cover Dahlmer, Gacy and The Green River Killer. From the golden age of serial killers...
                            Michael Richards

Comment

• Thing that get me about the green River killer was that all his work mates thought he was an odd geezer and they all teased him for being the green River killer, so when police came to his factory to arrest him they asked where is that Gary Ridgeway and they said ' what you mean green River Gary? He's over there mate'
                              I mean seriously wtf

Comment

• Montague Druitt for me.

I suspect that good intentions paved the way for the infamous road to Hell.
                                There is no evidence that I know of to prove he was part of that movement typified by Toynbee Hall, and the efforts to educate and enlighten the poor.

I do know that in 1887, the Temple Bar held a summer fete for the children of the poor. Lunch and entertainments were provided.

If he was thus inspired, Oxford House provided him with plenty of opportunity to be in the east end. I am pretty sure it is Bruce Robinson in his book They All Love Jack who showed the proximity of Toynbee Hall to the site of Martha Tabrams murder.

Probably the discovery that his cousin, the Reverend Charles Druitt had a great interest in the Palestine Exploration Fund, along with a certain Sir Charles Warren, gave rise to the possibility that the suspicions of his family as quoted in the Macnaghten memorandum were more than just idle gossip. Something gave weight to the naming of a suspect seemingly out of nowhere, and who barring his suicide, epitomized Victorian respectability.

There is a report, lost to my memory of a policeman's encounter with a man in an alleyway off Mitre Square. I believe it is considered unreliable.

Yet there is a somewhat similar report that the alienist Henry Maudsley, who catered to wealthier patients, claimed he saw one of his patients emerging from a similar alley at around the time of one murder.

I thought John Hainsworth had his ducks in a row, the Reverend Charles Druitt, The reverend William Hough, Druitt's brother in law, and the north country vicar. The church, the church, the church. And a cover up.
                                ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X