• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Dickere View Post

Young Man !!!

You'd need Lech at the start at least, to find a ball to play with.
    Young man ???

Leave a comment:

• Dickere
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post

Rumour has it, Ms D, that Koz regularly pulls himself off at half time.

His team mates only get half an orange - if they refuse the poisoned lucozade.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Young Man !!!

You'd need Lech at the start at least, to find a ball to play with.

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

That looks interesting.

Thanks for doing that.

M.
    No problem; it's grisly stuff, so my apologies for sending you there without fair warning.

Stephen Ryder asks on the thread how the bone could have been split so symmetrically, which is a good question if this is indeed a split femur. But evidently surgeons have specialized chisels designed to split bone, known as osteotomes. They were first designed in Germany in the 1830s. They require a mallet (not pictured)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Osteotomes.JPG Views:	0 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	766428

If Warren is correct, then we aren't likely looking for a fish porter or mad Jewish tailor. Of course, some dispute that what we are seeing is a femur. I recall another discussion concerning the pelvis, but I no longer remember where I saw it.

Leave a comment:

• Columbo
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post

Against my better judgement...

Does anyone know if Druitt wore a piqued cap?

I'll get me cape.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Mark J D
    replied
    Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

You will find what you are looking for here:

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards: Archive through October 22, 2003

Warren believed the femur had been split.
    That looks interesting.

Thanks for doing that.

M.

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied

Thanks! I now see that the name Warren shows up in this connection!
    https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...514#post729514

M.
    You will find what you are looking for here:

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards: Archive through October 22, 2003

Warren believed the femur had been split.

Leave a comment:

• Mark J D
    replied
    Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

No, I don't think that's right.

I don't think it was Nick Connell.

I think it was Nick Warren, a surgeon and the editor/founder of Ripperana. He suggested the injury to the pelvis suggests a pry tool of some sort had been used, or maybe a hatchet.
    Thanks! I now see that the name Warren shows up in this connection!
    Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

M.

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied

Thanks! Do you recall whether there was any suggestion that this was Kelly's/Barnett's domestic firewood axe used against her? Or do we now have to reckon with a guy carrying heavy tools in and out?

(I know you and I spoke in another place and your view was that the destruction was all knife-work.)

Edit: It's traceable on here to one Nick Connell, surgeon. Well done! :-)
    https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...-s-used-on-mjk

M.
    No, I don't think that's right.

I don't think it was Nick Connell.

I think it was Nick Warren, a surgeon and the editor/founder of Ripperana. He suggested the injury to the pelvis suggests a pry tool of some sort had been used, or maybe a hatchet.

Nick Connell wrote a book on the Crippen case, and co-wrote (with Stewart Evans) a groundbreaking book on Inspector Edmund Reid.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post

I'm not sure if that meeting ever took place.

It would be odd for Abberline to get excited over the poisoner Klosowski but be unimpressed with Bury.
    He mentions Kloswoski some years later after he had retired and he had presumebly eliminated Bury by that time

But his trip to Scotland was seemingly while he was a serving officer.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied

Thanks! Do you recall whether there was any suggestion that this was Kelly's/Barnett's domestic firewood axe used against her? Or do we now have to reckon with a guy carrying heavy tools in and out?

(I know you and I spoke in another place and your view was that the destruction was all knife-work.)

M.
    There you go!

Leave a comment:

• Losmandris
    replied
    For me most likely an unknown, untraceable local man. However if I had to go for a suspect/theory I always liked the David Cohen theory from Martin Fido.

Leave a comment:

• Mark J D
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

I seem to remember that the axe was a modern day-invention. Some ripperologist medico who may - or may not - have been named Nick something.

M.
    Last edited by Mark J D; 08-24-2021, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied

-- I've seen that mentioned here and there, but never seen where, ultimately, it comes from. Can anyone name a source?

M.
    I seem to remember that the axe was a modern day-invention. Some ripperologist medico who may - or may not - have been named Nick something.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Ha! For sure, Martyn!

He's a regular goal scoring machine whenever he gets a game!!

The challenge is getting him to put down that big quart of beer and focus on the game though!

It's a riot watching from the dug out.

Tumblety is parading up and down the half way line on his massive horse, Chapman is trying to give everyone poisoned lucozade at half time, whilst poor Koz stands on the penalty spot quietly engaging in his solitary vices.

Word has it we're unlikely to make the Champions League this season.
    Rumour has it, Ms D, that Koz regularly pulls himself off at half time.

His team mates only get half an orange - if they refuse the poisoned lucozade.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Last edited by caz; 08-24-2021, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Didnt Abberline travel to Scotland to interview him before his execution? and as a result eliminated him

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    I'm not sure if that meeting ever took place.

It would be odd for Abberline to get excited over the poisoner Klosowski but be unimpressed with Bury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X