Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Hermans - Update - Solid evidence of him being in vicinity of torso murders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astatine211
    replied
    His age and profession in the immigration list match the one we're looking for as being 39 in 1891 and a missionary. I can say with confidence it is a match.

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

thanks Ast
    thats interesting because the last likely torso and ripper murders were in 1889 with pinchin and mckenzie. very interesting.
    Okay I've accessed the passenger list and if it's the same one he travelled from Liverpool to New York on 8th April 1891 and I was also able to find a photo of him.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied

thanks Ast
    thats interesting because the last likely torso and ripper murders were in 1889 with pinchin and mckenzie. very interesting.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Astatine211; 02-16-2021, 03:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied

thanks Ast
    I have been able to find an outward UK passenger list that could be him but it's paywalled on ancestry.com

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post

As far as I'm aware it's reported he first came to America in 1890, arriving at Minnesota but I am unsure of the month. Hopefully if I am able to receive his case file it should shed some more light on specifics.
    thanks Ast

Leave a comment:

• Astatine211
    replied

hi Ast
    if all of this is true, and it looks like it is, i think we have a solid suspect for torsoman. do you know what month in 1891 he left england?
    of course im asking to see if he left after the pinchin torso.

maybe some of our astute researches can jump on this and give you some help finding out more about him and his background in England.

very very interesting.
    As far as I'm aware it's reported he first came to America in 1890, arriving at Minnesota but I am unsure of the month. Hopefully if I am able to receive his case file it should shed some more light on specifics.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
    Hi all,

Following my post yesterday I have spent the last day furthering my research into him when I made a surprising discovery. Most of the newspapers and his Wikipedia page list him with an incorrect name. His actual name is Francis Hermans not Francis Hermann. I know this from researching the Utah Archives and I have currently got a request for his case file pending. If I receive it and there is anything of interest in it I will update.

However this has led to a very exciting discovery. Hard evidence that a serial killer who dismembers his victims was operating in London at the time of the torso killings.

Francis Hermans who murdered between 2-8 people in America between 1891-1896 was living in Rotherhithe, London between the years of the Torso killings and JtR.

His job was a London City Missionary and was a naturalized British citizen.

Even if he doesn't have any relation to our cases it looks like I'm going to have to update his Wikipedia page.

This also shows us who his wife in England was he most likely murdered. We now know they got married in 1882 until her disappearance.

If you want to know more about his MO I have written more about it in my last post.

I'm hoping if I'm able to look at his case file I might find some correspondence between Salt Lake Police and MET Police since salt lake police were informed of the disappearance of his first wife.

If I find anything in his case file I will let you all know.

Will

Sources:
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2DTC-QWF
    hi Ast
    if all of this is true, and it looks like it is, i think we have a solid suspect for torsoman. do you know what month in 1891 he left england?
    of course im asking to see if he left after the pinchin torso.

maybe some of our astute researches can jump on this and give you some help finding out more about him and his background in England.

very very interesting.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 02-16-2021, 02:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Francis Hermans - Update - Solid evidence of him being in vicinity of torso murders.

Hi all,

Following my post yesterday I have spent the last day furthering my research into him when I made a surprising discovery. Most of the newspapers and his Wikipedia page list him with an incorrect name. His actual name is Francis Hermans not Francis Hermann. I know this from researching the Utah Archives and I have currently got a request for his case file pending. If I receive it and there is anything of interest in it I will update.

However this has led to a very exciting discovery. Hard evidence that a serial killer who dismembers his victims was operating in London at the time of the torso killings.

Francis Hermans who murdered between 2-8 people in America between 1891-1896 was living in Rotherhithe, London between the years of the Torso killings and JtR.

His job was a London City Missionary and was a naturalized British citizen.

Even if he doesn't have any relation to our cases it looks like I'm going to have to update his Wikipedia page.

This also shows us who his wife in England was he most likely murdered. We now know they got married in 1882 until her disappearance.

If you want to know more about his MO I have written more about it in my last post.

I'm hoping if I'm able to look at his case file I might find some correspondence between Salt Lake Police and MET Police since salt lake police were informed of the disappearance of his first wife.

If I find anything in his case file I will let you all know.

Will

Sources:
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Working...
X