Who are the mostly likely suspects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broad face

Hello Malcolm, David. What kind of face did he have?

(Snippet from "The Mercury" November 17, 1888.)

Cheers.
    LC
    Attached Files

Comment

• Before commencing the journey to her room,I would expext that both were aware of the reason for doing so,what ever that reason was,and I am pleased that at least some posters are questioning the seemingly long held belief , that the male was a client responding to the overtures of a prostitute seeking cash.It could have been,but in my opinion the subsequent behaviour of Kelly on reaching Millers Court negates that.Evidence indicates that she only wanted to sing,and that is all she did,at least untill 1AM.

Comment

• Strange that Cox still claims to have heard Kelly singing about 1:15 am, yet Prater heard nothing about 1:20 am.
        One and a half hours singing (11:45 - 1:15) in your room is a little too long under the circumstances.

Regards, Jon S.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

One and a half hours singing (11:45 - 1:15) in your room is a little too long under the circumstances.
          I absolutely don't agree. I like singing folk songs, and it would take a few songs to warm up...then if it goes well, you don't want to stop ! Add in that she was talking, drinking, and doing other things inbetween...well 1 1/2 hours sounds fine to me.

Besides which, some of those ballads have loads of verses all with the chorus inbetween them -and they can last a long time..
          Last edited by Rubyretro; 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM.
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post

I absolutely don't agree. I like singing folk songs, and it would take a few songs to warm up...then if it goes well, you don't want to stop ! Add in that she was talking, drinking, and doing other things inbetween...well 1 1/2 hours sounds fine to me.

Besides which, some of those ballads have loads of verses all with the chorus inbetween them -and they can last a long time..
            This is true. Besides, Kelly seems to have been an obnoxious drunk. Obnoxious people can sing for hours with no regards to anyone else around them. I once stayed in a hostel on Lewis with a young woman next door singing, "All you Need is Love" over and over for 3 hours. They'll never find the body.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

• She could have sung Yellow Submarine.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello Malcolm, David. What kind of face did he have?

(Snippet from "The Mercury" November 17, 1888.)

Cheers.
                LC
                'morning Lynn. Thanks for posting this, nice one. Except for the moustache that changed into a full beard, it seems a trustworthy account. Not sure where you want to get at with his "kind of face".

Comment

• hi Lynn

he looks like a redneck wrestler, how about this, ha ha ha
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Malcolm X; 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Miller's Court is alive, with the sound of music.

Hello Jon. I'm delighted that you noticed that.

Here's a question to consider. Under what circumstances might a person like MJK sing for that period of time?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• company

Hello Ruby. Good point. But do you sing that long when you have company?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• exit

Hello Michael. Quite true.

Do you think that Blotchy exited soon in order to escape it?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• B and B

Hello David. Well, notice that it is "broad" now rather than "blotchy."

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• dental work

Hello Malcolm. Say, I think I know his dentist.

Mine too.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• B, B and B

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello David. Well, notice that it is "broad" now rather than "blotchy."

Cheers.
                              LC
                              It's the full beard, Lynn. It covered the blotches.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Hello Ruby. Good point. But do you sing that long when you have company?

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Only Céline Dion can do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X