Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Doctor or a Policeman participate in major crimes such as these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's also the possibility that the killer dampened the cloth himself to aid cleaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
      There's also the possibility that the killer dampened the cloth himself to aid cleaning.
      As a retired member of the BAU with 49 years of investigative experience, I concur that this is a possibility.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• As Ally has pointed out it had been raining. Also if the apron was bunched up, the parts not exposed to the air would take longer to dry.
        Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• Fair points of course.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• The rain had stopped by 1.35am.

Is there any mention of Eddowes being wet from the rain?
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              The report refers to the time I was acting CID desk Sgt and one of the roles was to oversee the once-a-month cycle viewing it has nothing to do with or has no relevance to my credentials a detective has many roles to fulfil in the fight against crime.

and I am still an expert

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              I think I've just spotted the problem here, folks.

Trevor must be the same chap who offered his girlfriend a ride on his tandem when she made a reference to her menstrual cycle. Tragically, Trev wasn't joking.

I've just been reading all the posts since early December, with my jaw slowly dropping to the floor, but the above gem nearly made me spit my tea out.

Many years ago, at a meeting of the Whitechapel Society, I told Trevor to his face that his sanitary towel theory was more like an insane fairy tale. He didn't listen then and he's not listening now. Every female who ever had a period has more expertise on the subject than Trevor could hope to acquire, but no. As far as he is concerned, women should just go away and shut up, and leave him to go through the motions of explaining their bodily functions.

Love,

Caz
              X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I have nothing to hide

Ed Neale was appointed Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Bedford Hospital NHS Trust in June 1992. He qualified in London then undertook postgraduate training on the on the Leicester and Notingham rotations. He then spent two years as a visiting lecturer to the Chinese University of Hong Kong, before returning to Leicester as a Senior registrar. Since his appointment in Bedford he has been speciality and clinical tutor, clinical and divisional director and has now been Medical Director since December 2005.

In addition to general obstetrics and gynaecology, Ed has a particular interest in urogynaecology. He set up the service in Bedford in 1993 and chairs a group which has developed county-wide protocols for the management of urinary and faecal incontinence.

He is quoted in my book "In respect of the piece of the apron and whether it was used as a sanitary towel or not, it is quite possible that even in Victorian times women in their late forties would still be menstruating and may well have used a piece of rag as a sanitary towel. Blood spotting is a part of the female menstrual cycle​!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Right, so basically Trev's expert, Ed Neale, thought it was 'quite possible' that Eddowes would still have been menstruating and 'may well' have used 'a piece of rag' as a sanitary towel.

Every woman who ever had a period, and has heard it referred to as "rag week", could have worked that one out without needing to consult any man.

It means nothing if Trevor failed to mention to Ed that Eddowes already had twelve pieces of cloth - or rags - on her person, which she could have used instead. It seems that Ed was also misled about 'the piece of the apron', if he assumed this had been among her possessions, and not part of an apron she had been wearing that night. Nobody would surely have described it as just 'a piece of rag', as Ed did, unless he was unaware of the evidence that it had just been cut or torn from a whole apron.

As a woman approaches the menopause, there is no way for her or for anyone else to predict how this will affect the regularity and flow of her periods. Both will differ for every woman, and can even differ wildly from one cycle to the next for the same woman. Anything from a trickle over two or three days, to a flood lasting a week, would be considered normal, and won't necessarily spare a slight or malnourished female, as Eddowes was. If she could bleed to death, she could have bled heavily one month and hardly at all the next, with little or no warning.

This is why any woman in similar circumstances would have been prepared for all eventualities at all times. Eddowes's twelve pieces of cloth were ideal for this purpose: easy enough for her to carry around and far safer than the alternative - running short after a sudden flood. If she could wash and reuse them she would certainly have done so, but each needed time to dry first. Trevor's claim that:
                Rags were easy to come by which Victorian street women used for sanitary devices...
                makes a total mockery of the idea that she would have held on for dear life to the twelve she had, and instead used any part of her patched apron, regardless of when it was cut or torn from the whole garment. The fact that she had sewn a patch onto that apron to effect a repair shows that she didn't treat it as a disposable commodity. And the very fact that she was found with twelve handy sanitary towels among her possessions, but not one between her legs or discarded by her body, is a pretty clear indication that she wasn't menstruating at the time in any case.

The paradox is that we are asked to believe that all the male witnesses in 1888, whose witness accounts, individually and collectively, indicate that Eddowes had indeed been wearing the patched up apron when she left the cop shop and was attacked in Mitre Square, knew even less about Victorian street women's aprons than clever Trevor does about their periods.

That surely has to be an impossibility.

Love,

Caz
                X
                Last edited by caz; 01-05-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Ian Dury & The Blockheads live Clever Trevor.mp4 - YouTube
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

I think I've just spotted the problem here, folks.

Trevor must be the same chap who offered his girlfriend a ride on his tandem when she made a reference to her menstrual cycle. Tragically, Trev wasn't joking.

I've just been reading all the posts since early December, with my jaw slowly dropping to the floor, but the above gem nearly made me spit my tea out.

Many years ago, at a meeting of the Whitechapel Society, I told Trevor to his face that his sanitary towel theory was more like an insane fairy tale. He didn't listen then and he's not listening now. Every female who ever had a period has more expertise on the subject than Trevor could hope to acquire, but no. As far as he is concerned, women should just go away and shut up, and leave him to go through the motions of explaining their bodily functions.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    and no two persons' bodily functions are the same, and when an expert consultant gynaecologist gives an opinion based on years of experience in female matters I am more inclined to listen to him than listen to you who can only opine on your own menstrual cycle which I am sure is vastly different to that of a malnourished victorian street woman of 1888.

Comment

• Keep digging, Trev...

Your expert's opinion, as quoted by yourself, tells us no more than any woman who has ever had a period could have told you.

All he really said was that it was quite possible for a woman in 1888 to have had a period in her late forties, and she may well have used a piece of rag as a sanitary towel. No shi* Sherlock. How many women who were alive in 1888 did your expert consult, in order to gain the years of experience he needed to arrive at these fascinating facts?

Where is the evidence from the crime scene that Eddowes was using any kind of sanitary device when she was attacked?

If she had been using a piece of apron for that purpose earlier that night, and then had to discard it, what did she replace it with and why wasn't it found with her body?

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      Last edited by caz; 01-05-2023, 05:12 PM.

Comment

and no two persons' bodily functions are the same, and when an expert consultant gynaecologist gives an opinion based on years of experience in female matters I am more inclined to listen to him than listen to you who can only opine on your own menstrual cycle which I am sure is vastly different to that of a malnourished victorian street woman of 1888.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        I'd say a womans knowledge of menstrual matters is based on a whole lot more than her individual experience.

We talk to each other (sometimes at length and in graphic detail!).

We talk to our friends, our sisters and our colleagues.

Women who menstruate / did menstruate are perfectly well qualified to opine on all period related matters, and it's probably quite illuminating to listen to them when they do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

I'd say a womans knowledge of menstrual matters is based on a whole lot more than her individual experience.

Women who menstruate / did menstruate are perfectly well qualified to opine on all period related matters, and it's probably quite illuminating to listen to them when they do so.
                          Calm down, ladies. It's like you've got the painters in

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Exactly, Ms D.

To be fair to Trevor, it would appear from his posts that he has no clue how much girls and women will talk to each other about the most intimate subjects, and as you say in the most graphic detail. Many boys and men would similarly benefit from opening up more to their friends, colleagues, male relatives and GPs, about their own bodies and health concerns. There can be a tendency for some males to keep such things to themselves for fear of being thought weak.

In fact, I suspect every female in 1888, and most males, who read that Eddowes's possessions included those twelve pieces of cloth, some slightly bloodstained, would have known precisely what their purpose was, but not being a subject for polite conversation or newspaper headlines, and not requiring to be spelled out in police or medical reports, the silence on the matter has given Trevor permission to enter the realms of fantasy.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            Last edited by caz; 01-06-2023, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickere View Post

Calm down, ladies. It's like you've got the painters in

Q: Why does it take so long for a woman on the blob to do the simplest household chores?

A: Because it does!!!

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Exactly, Ms D.

To be fair to Trevor, it would appear from his posts that he has no clue how much girls and women will talk to each other about the most intimate subjects, and as you say in the most graphic detail. Many boys and men would similarly benefit from opening up more to their friends, colleagues, male relatives and GPs, about their own bodies and health concerns. There can be a tendency for some males to keep such things to themselves for fear of being thought weak.

In fact, I suspect every female in 1888, and most males, who read that Eddowes's possessions included those twelve pieces of cloth, some slightly bloodstained, would have known precisely what their purpose was, but not being a subject for polite conversation or newspaper headlines, and not requiring to be spelled out in police or medical reports, the silence on the matter has given Trevor permission to enter the realms of fantasy.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Caz

I feel happy in the realms of fantasy than having to keep reading your failed attempts at sarcastic humour

And as I said before no two women's menstrual periods or their menstrual cycle will be the same and that is an irrefutable medical fact that even you have to agree with.

and you cannot prove that the 12 pieces of rag were in her possession for the purpose you suggest.

The slight bloodstaining you refer to on the pieces of rags emanated from her abdomen being ripped open when the pieces of rag were found in a tick bag she had on her person when murdered

Comment

Working...
                                X