Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will be alright for what I have told you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will be alright for what I have told you....

This one's a touch light hearted....

Suggestions for what A man could have said to poor old Mary.

I'll start:

Tap on shoulder.....

"Hello there. I'm Jack The Ripper"....

To which they both burst out laughing...."Yeah, very funny mate".....

"Yeah, I know, hilarious aren't I".....

"Look, I could really do with a bed for the night as the missus has a few of her mates round and they're playing bridge and just generally being a nuisance".

"Come with me, dear, it'll cost you a few quid".

"Very well. Never mind that Jack The Ripper nonsense. I'm just a harmless old fella with a knife that could skin a rhinoceros and a taste for the organs of a destitute women. Naahhh, only joking, you'll be alright for what I have told you".

"Hey love!"
    "Off with you, i'm not in the mood..."
    "You sound like my wife. What are you doing out at this hour then?"
    "I've drunk too much, I feel sick and i'm waiting for my soldier."
    "Sure he's not from the navy?"
    "Why would he be?"
    "Because then you could say you were 'sea sick'...."

Laughing....."You will be alright for what I have told you."

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

MR A : I'll pay you a shilling. How about it?

MJK : Yes, but it must be a shilling, nothing less. All right?

MR A : You'll be all right for what I've told you (i.e. the shilling)
      (or some other sum)

Comment

Frank and Red

Hello Mac. What about:

MJK: "Frank Millen! Long time no see. How are you?"

FM: "OK my dear. Just wanted to let you know that Red Jim is about. He is still trying to blackmail Sir Edward but doing a rum job of it. Says he'll try you next--but don't let him. In fact, he'll be here tomorrow night, likely with his beer and blotchy face."

MJK: "Don't worry, I won't give in."

FM: "Splendid. You'll be alright for what I've told you."

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

A Man : hello, My Gorgeous ! I must say that I'm terribly interested in your 'friend' over there, in the wideawake hat ? He looks rather rough and ...muscly".

Mary : "what 'im ? ee's just a poor cove -not gort Sixpence to his name -it's me whort's gort what you want !"

A Man :" Not necessarily, My Bunch of Violets. A bit 'stout', I'll grant you...but a rather natty
          handlebar moustache. If I rattle my jewellery at him, do you possibly imagine that he would follow us back to your place ?? Let me try a little glowering under my eyelashes at him...
          here goes..there'll be something in it for you if we can can get him back to your room, my Little Shamrock".

Mary : I'm certainly not fixed on having 'connection' with you, if I can avoid it, my lovely..
          If I can get 'im to follow us to my place, will yer see me alright with that pretty little red 'andkerchief that I see peeking out of yer pocket ?

A man "Yes. I think that 'your friend' is just the man to punish me for being such a comic book odious , rich, jewish toff (getting excited) -just like Nanny did !!!
          (they burst out laughing)
          A Man : you will be alright for what I have told you !!
          Last edited by Rubyretro; 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM.
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

(JTR as US soul singer)

MR A : Hey, everybody do you feel all right?

(All the lodgers in Dorset St stick their heads out their windows)

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel all right!

MR A : Everybody, do you feel so good?

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel so good!

MR A : You know I feel aaaaall right!

MJK : I feel all right too.

MR A : You will be all right for what I have told you.

Comment

Fleetwood,

Whilst this is a lighthearted thread I feel you highlight a very important point.

That is witnesses in this case heared part conversations of which numerous variations could have exisited. Often we assume without questioning.

This brings me on to something else. I have been accused in the recent past of being one dimensional and taking witness and police statement as read. I've found this to be an insult. I merely do not accuse those who make those statements as liars unless proven.

Now I have followed your posts (along with others) on these boards and I must say I am impressed with how you conduct you analysis of evidence. You raise some valid points and questions whilst maintaining an open mind where you can. You explain and admit the alternative.

Sorry for the hijack but you have impressed me.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

MJK: Sorry Gov, could yer say that again?

A Man: Yes, then after the lathering up, I bring in the nidget, followed by a troop of baboons, and then we conclude with a puppet show.

MJk: And you'll take care of the back rent?

A Man: Yes... will you be alright for what I have told you?

MJK: Hell yes! Sounds like more fun than a Welsh mining disaster.

A Man: Oh yeah, one more thing. The midget is mad about the color red. Let me just give you this scarf...
                huh?

Comment

Mr A: Aren`t you the pretty one who was at the auditions at the Garrick for my play "What I Have Told You"? May I enquire as to what part were you after, my dear?

MJK: Al Wright

Mr A: You will be Al Wright for "What I Have Told You".
                  Last edited by Jon Guy; 09-04-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

violets

Hello Ruby. Say, not only have you explained A-man's line, but you have further explained why Mary sang the song she did. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Mr. A.: I've bought the paint you wanted for your room, Mary. One of my men will drop by tomorrow and paint it for you.

MJK: I hope it's the right colour. It must be the shade of white I chose, and it can't cost more than two shillings, like what you said.

Mr. A.: Don't worry, luv. You will be all white for what I have told you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                        MJK: Sorry Gov, could yer say that again?

A Man: Yes, then after the lathering up, I bring in the nidget, followed by a troop of baboons, and then we conclude with a puppet show.

MJk: And you'll take care of the back rent?

A Man: Yes... will you be alright for what I have told you?

MJK: Hell yes! Sounds like more fun than a Welsh mining disaster.

A Man: Oh yeah, one more thing. The midget is mad about the color red. Let me just give you this scarf...
                        Jesus you're twisted. I feel incredibly well-balanced suddenly.

Comment

MJK : I'm fed up with the bloody Fisherman's Widow. Are you sure you can get me Gilles?

MR A : You will be all right for Watteau - I've told you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            (JTR as US soul singer)

MR A : Hey, everybody do you feel all right?

(All the lodgers in Dorset St stick their heads out their windows)

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel all right!

MR A : Everybody, do you feel so good?

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel so good!

MR A : You know I feel aaaaall right!

MJK : I feel all right too.

MR A : You will be all right for what I have told you.
                            Some good uns but this one's a belter.

Havce a vision of the residents of Dorest Street surroounging A man a la Michael Jackson doing a thriller dance!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              Fleetwood,

Whilst this is a lighthearted thread I feel you highlight a very important point.

That is witnesses in this case heared part conversations of which numerous variations could have exisited. Often we assume without questioning.
                              I agree that there so many possibilities, and as such it's hardly worth proposing the missing details.

This brings me on to something else. I have been accused in the recent past of being one dimensional and taking witness and police statement as read. I've found this to be an insult. I merely do not accuse those who make those statements as liars unless proven.
                              I think by the very nature of human beings, some will have been lying and some will have been straight down the line; and within these statements the odd witness statement that appears to lack credibility will in fact be spot on, and vice versa. I think that's the nature of witness statements in any case.

Which are which is hard to tell, and I'd go along with you, Monty, in that unless there is very good reason to cast aside a statement, then the only reasonable option is to accept the statement at face value.

Now I have followed your posts (along with others) on these boards and I must say I am impressed with how you conduct you analysis of evidence. You raise some valid points and questions whilst maintaining an open mind where you can. You explain and admit the alternative.

Monty
                              That's high praise indeed, Monty, and appreciated.

In terms of taking statements at face value and when to cast aside, Hutchinson is a good example. To me his statement reads as follows:

"You know how you always see someone tapped on the shoulder from behind in an attempt to have them turn around? Well, our man tapped Kelly on the front as they were facing one another. Odd eh. And, I was out til 3 the other morning, meaning I went indoors at 3 and as such had access to accomodation. Previously, I'd been all the way to Romford, was absolutely knackered and soaked, so instead of going indoors, and it appears I had access to indoors based on going indoors at 3 the other night; well, on this occasion I decided to just stand around rather than rest and dry off. So, the scowling man who walked past me, dangerous eh, well, he was that dangerous Mary thought the whole thing was hilarious. And, as my friend of 3 years, she knew I was unemployed but decided to ask me for 6 pence - ha!. Also, I felt she was in danger, and as my friend guess what I decided to do? I just stood around really being absolutely no use to anyone when I could have knocked on the door and asked if she was ok. The best of it is our man is a magician - really, a real, genuine magician - she needs a handkerchief and voila, he pulls one out of his hat. It was one of the reasons why I stood around for a while - I wanted to know how he did it! Anyway, I'd definitely recognise this man again, except that I'll be back tomorrow to tell you that I saw a man who could have been him - sounds contradictory, eh Abberline, but don't let that spoil a good story!

But, there's no real evidence to discredit Hutchinson, and, by the way, I don't go along with the idea that Lewis's man must have been Hutchinson; still, there's no real evidence to discredit Hutchinson's statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X