Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will be alright for what I have told you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm X
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert View Post
    MR A : Hallo! I'm Jack the Ripper!

MJK : (LAUGHS) Garn! Pull the other one. So if I take you home, I'll need a pine coffin?

MR A : Make it yew. Yew will be all right for what I have told you.
    very funny

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    MR A : Hallo! I'm Jack the Ripper!

MJK : (LAUGHS) Garn! Pull the other one. So if I take you home, I'll need a pine coffin?

MR A : Make it yew. Yew will be all right for what I have told you.

Leave a comment:

• Bridewell
    replied
    There is a good point being made here, albeit in light-hearted vein. "You'll be alright for what have told you" could, in the context of the 19th century use of the word "for" mean "You'll be alright because of what I have told you". Did Astrakhan Man (if he existed) say something which put MJK completely at her ease? If so, it may have been a tried and tested line which had worked on all the previous victims as well. Personally I think the words are not those which would have been used by the sort of toff described by Hutchinson, but that's another matter.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    "You see that man stood over there by the lamp? He's Jack The Ripper".

"Who? Hutchinson?! Ha! Ha!"

"Naaahhh, he's a good friend of mine".

"Trust me, he is. Look, when we walk past him I'll scowl at him to frighten him off, and then we'll walk sharply up the court to lose him. You will be all right for what I have told you. Just keep close to me".

"Very well, let's go".

"Ahhhh ****, the scowling didn't work, he's following us up the court. Tell you what take this handkerchief and strangle him with it if he pounces".

Leave a comment:

• Harry the Hawker
    replied
    Mr A: You shouldn't be out all alone on a night like this. Are you alright, young lady?

MJK: No, I'm left all down one side! Ha ha!

Mr A: You will be all right for what I've told you.

Leave a comment:

• niko
    replied
    " dis is de place"

Mr A - " you sure dis is de place mate "

Mr B - " ofcourse, lay er down ere "

Mr A - " let's hope there's more blood in dis one "

Mr B - " are you sure dis is de place "

Mr A - " ofcourse, just like the other two, you will be alright for what Iv'e told you "

Just a thought, " I know I have a great imagination " all the best, Agur.

niko

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty View Post
    Fleetwood,

Whilst this is a lighthearted thread I feel you highlight a very important point.

That is witnesses in this case heared part conversations of which numerous variations could have exisited. Often we assume without questioning.
    I agree that there so many possibilities, and as such it's hardly worth proposing the missing details.

This brings me on to something else. I have been accused in the recent past of being one dimensional and taking witness and police statement as read. I've found this to be an insult. I merely do not accuse those who make those statements as liars unless proven.
    I think by the very nature of human beings, some will have been lying and some will have been straight down the line; and within these statements the odd witness statement that appears to lack credibility will in fact be spot on, and vice versa. I think that's the nature of witness statements in any case.

Which are which is hard to tell, and I'd go along with you, Monty, in that unless there is very good reason to cast aside a statement, then the only reasonable option is to accept the statement at face value.

Now I have followed your posts (along with others) on these boards and I must say I am impressed with how you conduct you analysis of evidence. You raise some valid points and questions whilst maintaining an open mind where you can. You explain and admit the alternative.

Monty
    That's high praise indeed, Monty, and appreciated.

In terms of taking statements at face value and when to cast aside, Hutchinson is a good example. To me his statement reads as follows:

"You know how you always see someone tapped on the shoulder from behind in an attempt to have them turn around? Well, our man tapped Kelly on the front as they were facing one another. Odd eh. And, I was out til 3 the other morning, meaning I went indoors at 3 and as such had access to accomodation. Previously, I'd been all the way to Romford, was absolutely knackered and soaked, so instead of going indoors, and it appears I had access to indoors based on going indoors at 3 the other night; well, on this occasion I decided to just stand around rather than rest and dry off. So, the scowling man who walked past me, dangerous eh, well, he was that dangerous Mary thought the whole thing was hilarious. And, as my friend of 3 years, she knew I was unemployed but decided to ask me for 6 pence - ha!. Also, I felt she was in danger, and as my friend guess what I decided to do? I just stood around really being absolutely no use to anyone when I could have knocked on the door and asked if she was ok. The best of it is our man is a magician - really, a real, genuine magician - she needs a handkerchief and voila, he pulls one out of his hat. It was one of the reasons why I stood around for a while - I wanted to know how he did it! Anyway, I'd definitely recognise this man again, except that I'll be back tomorrow to tell you that I saw a man who could have been him - sounds contradictory, eh Abberline, but don't let that spoil a good story!

But, there's no real evidence to discredit Hutchinson, and, by the way, I don't go along with the idea that Lewis's man must have been Hutchinson; still, there's no real evidence to discredit Hutchinson's statement.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert View Post
    (JTR as US soul singer)

MR A : Hey, everybody do you feel all right?

(All the lodgers in Dorset St stick their heads out their windows)

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel all right!

MR A : Everybody, do you feel so good?

LODGERS : Yeah, we feel so good!

MR A : You know I feel aaaaall right!

MJK : I feel all right too.

MR A : You will be all right for what I have told you.
    Some good uns but this one's a belter.

Havce a vision of the residents of Dorest Street surroounging A man a la Michael Jackson doing a thriller dance!

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    MJK : I'm fed up with the bloody Fisherman's Widow. Are you sure you can get me Gilles?

MR A : You will be all right for Watteau - I've told you.

Leave a comment:

• Sister Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    MJK: Sorry Gov, could yer say that again?

A Man: Yes, then after the lathering up, I bring in the nidget, followed by a troop of baboons, and then we conclude with a puppet show.

MJk: And you'll take care of the back rent?

A Man: Yes... will you be alright for what I have told you?

MJK: Hell yes! Sounds like more fun than a Welsh mining disaster.

A Man: Oh yeah, one more thing. The midget is mad about the color red. Let me just give you this scarf...
    Jesus you're twisted. I feel incredibly well-balanced suddenly.

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    Mr. A.: I've bought the paint you wanted for your room, Mary. One of my men will drop by tomorrow and paint it for you.

MJK: I hope it's the right colour. It must be the shade of white I chose, and it can't cost more than two shillings, like what you said.

Mr. A.: Don't worry, luv. You will be all white for what I have told you.

Leave a comment:

• lynn cates
    replied
    violets

Hello Ruby. Say, not only have you explained A-man's line, but you have further explained why Mary sang the song she did. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Mr A: Aren`t you the pretty one who was at the auditions at the Garrick for my play "What I Have Told You"? May I enquire as to what part were you after, my dear?

MJK: Al Wright

Mr A: You will be Al Wright for "What I Have Told You".
    Last edited by Jon Guy; 09-04-2011, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Good Michael
    replied
    MJK: Sorry Gov, could yer say that again?

A Man: Yes, then after the lathering up, I bring in the nidget, followed by a troop of baboons, and then we conclude with a puppet show.

MJk: And you'll take care of the back rent?

A Man: Yes... will you be alright for what I have told you?

MJK: Hell yes! Sounds like more fun than a Welsh mining disaster.

A Man: Oh yeah, one more thing. The midget is mad about the color red. Let me just give you this scarf...

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Fleetwood,

Whilst this is a lighthearted thread I feel you highlight a very important point.

That is witnesses in this case heared part conversations of which numerous variations could have exisited. Often we assume without questioning.

This brings me on to something else. I have been accused in the recent past of being one dimensional and taking witness and police statement as read. I've found this to be an insult. I merely do not accuse those who make those statements as liars unless proven.

Now I have followed your posts (along with others) on these boards and I must say I am impressed with how you conduct you analysis of evidence. You raise some valid points and questions whilst maintaining an open mind where you can. You explain and admit the alternative.

Sorry for the hijack but you have impressed me.

Monty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X