The Maybrick Diary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maybrick Diary?

Is there a place to read or purchase a transcription of the Maybrick Diary. Although, I don't believe it was written by the Ripper, I do believe that it would be a very interesting read.
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Hi Ryan,

Transcriptions of the diary appear in the following books,

JTR The American Connection-Shirley Harrison aka

The Diary of JTR The Chilling Confessions of James Maybrick- Shirley Harrison

The Diary of JTR Discovery. The Investigation, the Debate- Shirley Harrison

Other Maybrick books you might be interested in include,

Ripper Diary The Inside Story- Seth Linder, Caroline Morris and Keith Skinner

JTR The Final Chapter- Paul H Feldman

The Last Victim- Anne E. Graham and Carol Emma's

Get yourself on Amazon, as they are as cheap as chips and readily available
    Regards Mike

Comment

I'd suggest avoiding The Last Victim. The others are worth a read tho.

B.
      Bailey
      Wellington, New Zealand
      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Or maybe go here;

for a full transcript. For free.

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
          I'd suggest avoiding The Last Victim. The others are worth a read tho.

B.

Then you wouldn't have a doorstop!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Ah at last finally you talk on Jack the ripper, the real one !!!!
            i have buyed some hair of his moustache on ebay 2 years ago for 500 euros and i do don't regrett my buy !!!! it is so valuable relics to me !!!!

Comment

I think I'll sell my "jack-the-ripper-iPod" on eBay and some kook will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel Jospin II View Post
                Ah at last finally you talk on Jack the ripper, the real one !!!!
                i have buyed some hair of his moustache on ebay 2 years ago for 500 euros and i do don't regrett my buy !!!! it is so valuable relics to me !!!!
                I'm thinking of selling my entire collection of genuine JTR writing materials. ( Biro's, Woolies note pads etc)

Any offers?
                I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

Albert Johnson R.I.P.

I have just had a very sad phone call from Val Johnson, to let me know that Albert (the owner of the 'Maybrick' watch), passed away on Saturday.

I asked Val if she minded me telling people, and she said not at all. She is very proud to have shared her life with Albert and is happy for people to know.

Love,

Caz
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I'm going to be the one to say it.

What happens to the watch?

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                      I have just had a very sad phone call from Val Johnson, to let me know that Albert (the owner of the 'Maybrick' watch), passed away on Saturday.

I asked Val if she minded me telling people, and she said not at all. She is very proud to have shared her life with Albert and is happy for people to know.

Love,

Caz
                      Sad news, I am not a big believer in the diary as a ripper relic, but it has brought a lot of good people into the field. Reading the various books on Maybrick and co, you learn about people, and when you hear that one has passed it is quite a sad event. My thoughts are with his family.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

Love,

Caz
                        Hi Caz,

Now that is sad. He struck me as a genuine bloke. I know you always felt that his probity was above suspicion, and I for one have never seen any reason to disagree with that.

Cheers,

Graham
                        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hi Mike, Graham,

You have both always struck me as genuine blokes, and I know Albert's lovely family would appreciate your kind thoughts. They must be devastated to lose one of the nicest, most generous souls I have ever met in my life.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Sad news. From what I've seen and read of Albert, he seemed a nice bloke, and a real character.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi all

I have always mentally rolled my eyes when I hear what Maybrick allegedly wrote referred to as the "Maybrick diaries" since there has only ever been one and only one such diary supposedly written by the Liverpool cottonbroker, as far we know. Over the years, the Liverpool newspapers especially are apt to refer to what the suspect allegedly wrote as Maybrick's "diaries."

However, I now see that one of Shirley Harrison's later editions of her Diary book (which first was published in 1993 in Great Britain and the United States) published as http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1857...can Connection actually says "diaries" on the cover. I don't have this edition of Shirley's book so I was surprised to see the designation "diaries" on the cover.

Comments anyone?

Best regards

Chris
                              Christopher T. George
                              Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                              just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                              For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                              RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Working...
                              X